Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got enough mods?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Vadvagool
sick.gif
duality
Saw it on DIGG?
Diesel
i like it. It's a different sector of the Bosozoku style of japanese cars.. only in van form. those guys with the really tall exhaust pipes, exposed oil coolers, overly widebody, and exaggerated kits.. it's all bosozoku.

Bosozoku translates literally to:
Bo: violent/violence
So: Race/Racing, or running or traveling
Zoku: Clan

It's the japanese expression and evolution of old school biker gangs, street racers, and 70's racing cars. It's like taking the japanese anime, video game, street racing, biker gang, rebel culture and mixing it all up.

more bosozoku style:

RallyCat909
Hey Diesel, can you post some links to this stuff? Id like to read more about these machines. Im surprised this hasnt migrated to the states in some form, though arguably it unintentionally has for some years now. smile.gif
dukenukem

100% badass
Razor
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Apr 26 2008, 09:49 PM) *
100% badass

Is that an old GT-R R32?
moe
^ I think it's a Silvia.
nismo
The star shaped exhaust is awesome.

And that is a Silvia
Diesel
QUOTE(RallyCat909 @ Apr 26 2008, 06:31 PM) *
Hey Diesel, can you post some links to this stuff? Id like to read more about these machines. Im surprised this hasnt migrated to the states in some form, though arguably it unintentionally has for some years now. smile.gif

just google bosozoku, or bozozoku, or Bousouzoku. not much info but it's out there.. started from old school japanese motorcycle hooligans
Diesel
saw this guy this weekend in SoCal.

i've seen this xB around before.. but never had pics of it til now. Bosozoku style is not for everyone.. but i say good for him for having the balls to actually do what he likes.
Razor
^ How does it get over speedbumps?
Diesel
air bags
Razor
QUOTE(Diesel @ May 5 2008, 07:06 PM) *
air bags

Fair enough. If he's a straight man, he is either crazy or has the biggest manhood ever to do something like that. And that's if he's even a man.
Diesel
i think the trend is starting to appear here too.. more SoCal boso rides.

Razor
...and now it's no surprise where the flagship car concept for NFS: ProStreet came from.

Synesthesia
Damn, that gray/blue/green one Diesel posted is actually awesome. You have a picture of the back?
mitch_f1
Diesel that first one, the 180sx??? IS (dirty) SEX ON WHEELS, far out that is one good looking car!

EDIT: here's summore:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.