Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Powerhouse Amuse GT1 S2000
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
nismo
Could you justify spending $6900 on this kit?

Phix
DIS-GUST-ING!

/Mortal Kombat voice
Synesthesia
Uh, no I couldn't. Looks like something made in NFS. How about spending $7k on the engine, suspension, brakes, tires, exhaust, etc. etc.?
Benny
you're all fucking idiots.

its a completely functional AEROkit, not BODYkit.
Vadvagool
No.

A) It looks hideous
cool.gif Even though it is an aerokit, 7000$ on performance mods would do you better IMO.

And Benny...its You're not your...
Benny
its 2:30am and im tired.

but he most likely has about 15k in performance modifications.
and anyways 7k is penuts for a functional areokit for the S2000.
hexagone
thats fire.

(yes to 7k)
Synesthesia
QUOTE(Benny @ Apr 21 2008, 02:28 AM) *
its 2:30am and im tired.

but he most likely has about 15k in performance modifications.
and anyways 7k is penuts for a functional areokit for the S2000.

So how about 7k more in performance modifications? How much of a difference is a bunch of fancy aerodynamics going to make on an S2000? It's also still hideous, and aerodynamics does not need to be hideous...real racing cars don't have nearly this much shit glued to them.
Razor
If that's actually not only "show-and-no-go" AND made of CF, I'd consider it for 7k. But, judging by what Benny graciously provided us with, it looks like that kit is 40K rather than 7k, so NO.
nismo
No, if you look at the kit, he was saying that $7K isn't as big of a deal as ANOTHER $40K kit. Not the same kit.
Benny
REAL RACING CARS DO HAVE THIS MUCH SHIT "GLUED" TO THEM.

like fuck, have you even heard of JGTC.
Razor
QUOTE(nismo @ Apr 21 2008, 11:04 AM) *
No, if you look at the kit, he was saying that $7K isn't as big of a deal as ANOTHER $40K kit. Not the same kit.

Nevermind. In which case, if I had an S2000, a shitload of money, and aspirations of amateur track domination, I'd have the 40K kit. tongue.gif
Benny
well its apparent that you know nothing.
Razor
QUOTE(Benny @ Apr 21 2008, 12:04 PM) *
well its apparent that you know nothing.

So what are you trying to say? It's useful or it isn't? Looks like 420 hit you pretty hard. Start making some sense.
Benny
the rear fenders on the S2000 curve upwards which act as a large aerodynamic parachute, which is why their are vents all over the rear.

that is an extensively windtunnel tested design and for you to think that you are smarter than Powerhouse Amuse engineers is mindboggling.
Razor
QUOTE(Benny @ Apr 21 2008, 12:28 PM) *
the rear fenders on the S2000 curve upwards which act as a large aerodynamic parachute, which is why their are vents all over the rear.

Yes, that I understand.

QUOTE(Benny @ Apr 21 2008, 12:28 PM) *
that is an extensively windtunnel tested design and for you to think that you are smarter than Powerhouse Amuse engineers is mindboggling.

When did I say that? I said I'd have the 40K kit IF I HAD THE MONEY. What was wrong with saying that, again?
Synesthesia
QUOTE(Benny @ Apr 21 2008, 11:10 AM) *
REAL RACING CARS DO HAVE THIS MUCH SHIT "GLUED" TO THEM.

like fuck, have you even heard of JGTC.

Right...by "real" I meant something like:

tongue.gif
Benny
chrome on a race GT3? cran.gif
midnightdorifto
Rather do LS1 swap.

Flame suit, ENGAGE!
nismo
QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ Apr 21 2008, 02:34 PM) *
Rather do LS1 swap.

Flame suit, ENGAGE!

Actually, I looked into it, and the F22C weighs around the same as an LS1....
Benny
i like the ls1 swap better than the 2jz swap.
Phix
Phfft, Benny, IMHO if somebody does that to their DAILY / road car and not to a dedicated track/race car then it's a waste.
Benny
usually these people have more than 1 car that they drive on the track and street on a fairly daily basis.
dukenukem
I would much rather send my monies over to here!
Benny
or J's racing
RallyCat909
Im not biasedfor or against this car, but it all looks a bit "Please steal me, my owner has the expendable cash anyway."
Nike SB'd
Yes, that kit is sooo hot.
OC Guy
Functional yes.
Ugly? IMO, yes.
moe
QUOTE(OC Guy @ Apr 25 2009, 02:05 AM) *
Functional yes.
Ugly? IMO, yes.

n00b yes.
Bumping an old thread without any worthwhile new input? yes.
Aircooled
QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 21 2008, 11:17 AM) *
Nevermind. In which case, if I had an S2000, a shitload of money, and aspirations of amateur track domination, I'd

sell the S2000 and get a proper track car (Caterham/Atom).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.