Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Honda K-Sight
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
nismo

The object was to build this and as OEM as possible, Meaning itís not a stripped out race car. The LHT way !

We have tried to cover every angle possible so make this a real streetcar. It has AC (Factory climate control), Power steering (Factory electric), ABS, S2000 cluster (100% operating), upgraded braking and suspension and a much stiffer chassis.

We stiffened the whole car by welding extra braces, as well as building a complete sub frame, which ties the whole front together, and course the whole thing is aluminum.
The mounts are Honda OEM mounts from various Honda Vehicles so the car is very smooth with no teeth chattering. In fact you canít feel it idle in the driver seat.

Now for numbers, with very little tuning the car is making over 200whp with a very quiet exhaust and tied with a JDM 6 speed transmission accelerates like a rocket. The car feels very tight and has great feel due the extra bracing and a custom alignment.

For the gas mileage folks, so far with very little tuning the car has averaged 48mpg with about 60% highway and the rest stop and go. This includes the 7 runs on the dyno. Iím confidant it will break 55+mpg once tuned. With the ability of the Hondata K-Pro we have had the car at 19-1 AF ratio with 40 degree of advance with no issues.

Built by LHT performance here in the Tampa area.
Synesthesia
Well it's certainly unique, sounds good on paper though I can't say I'd like to be seen in one. tongue.gif
moe
Sweet. I always thought of just ripping out the electric motor, and dropping in a big, sexy i-VTEC from the JDM Type-R's. Turn this thing into a proper sports car.
Asher
Wow, that's awesome.
Vadvagool
boston.gif Prius
Razor
QUOTE(Vadvagool @ Mar 3 2008, 10:06 PM) *
boston.gif Prius

Exactly what I thought. rolleyes.gif
Synesthesia
QUOTE(Vadvagool @ Mar 3 2008, 10:06 PM) *
boston.gif Prius

huh.gif they just as well could've done this with a Prius...
bing5500
Good performance AND great gas mileage? Sounds too good to be true...why isn't Honda selling the cars in this form?
Vadvagool
Thats what i wondered...

Well I'm guessing the cost is too high?
goota
haha sick. ofcourse it has high gas mileage, that car weighs nothing. put with an already fuel efficient k20.
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Mar 3 2008, 09:18 PM) *

Nope. This car is kind, unassuming, and a good value. The Prius, on the other hand, comes stock from the factory with massive amounts of smug and pompousness, with certain models being equipped with a special-edition "I'm so much fucking better than you it pains me to walk upright" package that is very difficult to remove without setting the car on fire and starting over with something else.

Cliffs: Fuck a Prius.
moe
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Mar 4 2008, 09:18 AM) *

Also the Insight has a pretty, little coupe body. The Prius is an overgrown hatch-wagon.
94TurboGSR
Whoa, those are (mostly) my pics!
Vadvagool
Then you can tell us more about it!
nismo
QUOTE(94TurboGSR @ Mar 23 2008, 02:09 AM) *
Whoa, those are (mostly) my pics!

Then tell me where to find that parking garage!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.