Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crosswind approach
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Alt.Binaries
Uwe
This was a close one: Airbus trying to land in Hamburg ohdear.gif
darinzon
Fuck... I can't think of anything more intelligent to say than that.
Uwe
Someone took a picture of it. Scary.

And I learned the video was taken just this weekend when we had storm "Emma" in whole Germany.
Razor
QUOTE(Uwe @ Mar 3 2008, 02:19 AM) *
Someone took a picture of it. Scary.

And I learned the video was taken just this weekend when we had storm "Emma" in whole Germany.


So it actually touched? Holy shit. I'd have shit myself.
McKhaos
Fuck .
laurens
It was also on the news here... Pretty scary!
redls1bird
I personally guarantee that 92% of people on board that plane had poop in their pants. The other 8% were either crew, or were in a drug and booze induced coma.
mung35
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5fc_1189993936

Planes are built to land in cross winds.
Razor
QUOTE(mung35 @ Mar 3 2008, 10:26 PM) *
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5fc_1189993936

Planes are built to land in cross winds.


Love the ending. Centrifugal force FTW! biggrin.gif
hexagone
I'm pretty sure its centripetal force, not centrifugal?
Frederf
That is the coolest flying, in the video with the REM song. The idea of doing half the stuff blows my mind as a pilot.

The 747's landing gear is made to handle the stress of some crazy slip angle landing. For bonus fun quiz time, can you answer how the B-52 handles the same situation?
Uwe
QUOTE(Frederf @ Mar 12 2008, 09:25 PM) *
That is the coolest flying, in the video with the REM song. The idea of doing half the stuff blows my mind as a pilot.

The 747's landing gear is made to handle the stress of some crazy slip angle landing. For bonus fun quiz time, can you answer how the B-52 handles the same situation?

As far as I know the B-52 is one of the few planes that touches the ground with the nosewheel first so my guess is it would simply shear off.
Frederf
Old ass necro but the B-52 doesn't have a nosewheel and two mains, it has four wheel trucks arranged in a square. But the answer is it rotates its wheel trucks to match the runway direction like an office chair.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.