Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spotted skyline--North Jersey--Endless-Advan
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Car Sightings
Jay
This is a skyline that was parked at a target in Hackensack, New Jersey. This is the first time I have ever seen a skyline in person. I consider this a more rare sighting then the bugatti I saw in the other thread. Car had florida plates. I think this is an r-33

moe
Nice find. It's an R34 btw.
Razor
That's an awesome sighting, and it's RHD, too. thumbs_up.gif
Jay
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Feb 9 2008, 01:18 PM) *
Nice find. It's an R34 btw.

Oh man, that makes it even more rare of a sighting
Marien
QUOTE(Razor @ Feb 9 2008, 10:33 PM) *
That's an awesome sighting, and it's RHD, too. thumbs_up.gif

Why is RHD a good thing? I think it's only inconvenient and doesn't any character of something like that..
Synesthesia
^Maybe he just means because RHD is very rare in the US? Rare site indeed...I've certainly never seen one.
Razor
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Feb 9 2008, 07:20 PM) *
^Maybe he just means because RHD is very rare in the US? Rare site indeed...I've certainly never seen one.

Yeah, that's what I meant. There was a company called Motorex a while back (since fell through due to legal issues AFAIK) that imported Skyline GT-Rs and switched them from RHD to LHD to make them compliant with regulations. This must have been a private import, then.
LeviM
You guys should come to Japan with me this summer, you'll see about 100 everyday and get bored of them =(. I was seeing the new skyline almost everyday too, it was in a dealership but still.

Although I'll admit, I haven't seen any r32 - r34's in US so this is pretty cool. Good find =)
Megadeus
QUOTE(Razor @ Feb 10 2008, 08:34 AM) *
Yeah, that's what I meant. There was a company called Motorex a while back (since fell through due to legal issues AFAIK) that imported Skyline GT-Rs and switched them from RHD to LHD to make them compliant with regulations. This must have been a private import, then.

Motorex didn't do RHD -> LHD conversions since there's no regs prohibiting RHD cars in the US. It's not that uncommon to see a RHD car in rural areas of the US being used to deliver mail. Subaru sold RHD Legacy wagons in the 90s for this purpose. Jeep sold RHD XJ Cherokees and still offers a RHD Wrangler.
Razor
QUOTE(Megadeus @ Feb 11 2008, 06:06 AM) *
Motorex didn't do RHD -> LHD conversions since there's no regs prohibiting RHD cars in the US.

Sorry, yeah, you're right. I think they COULD do it if you wanted, but it wasn't required.
moe
QUOTE(Megadeus @ Feb 11 2008, 03:06 PM) *
Jeep sold RHD XJ Cherokees and still offers a RHD Wrangler.

Why do they offer RHD Wranglers?
Megadeus
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Feb 11 2008, 07:13 AM) *
Why do they offer RHD Wranglers?

Same reason as the Legacy's, mainly for rural mail delivery.
moe
Megadeus is like the God of DS. He's never around, but sometimes when you need answers he just pops up out of nowhere, gives them to you, and goes back to creating and destroying things.
eraser_rx
there is a 15-years rule in canada which states that you can only import 15+ years old cars......so this sighting is really impressive......

there is a lot of R32 in canada....R33 will be qualified soon as a 15 year old car......
Synesthesia
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Feb 11 2008, 05:33 PM) *
Megadeus is like the God of DS. He's never around, but sometimes when you need answers he just pops up out of nowhere, gives them to you, and goes back to creating and destroying things.

It's too bad, I'd like to speak with God more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.