Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DSCOTY '08: Superminis
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
clarkma5
For more on the DieselStation Car of the Year '08 competition, please see this thread.

Mini Clubman
Base MSRP:
$20,600
Available Engines: 1.6 liter DOHC 16-valve inline-4 with 118 HP and 114 ft.-lbs. of torque, 1.6 liter turbocharged DOHC 16-valve inline-4 with 172 HP and 177 ft.-lbs. of torque.
Available Transmissions: 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission with manual shifting mode
Available Drivetrains: Front wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 28 City/37 Highway (Cooper 6MT), 26/34 (Cooper S 6MT & Cooper 6AT), 23/32 (Cooper S 6AT)
Curb Weight: 2723-2900 lbs.

Scion xD
Base MSRP:
$14,550
Available Engines: 1.8 liter DOHC 16-valve inline-4 with 128 HP and 125 ft.-lbs. of torque.
Available Transmissions: 5-speed manual of 4-speed automatic transmission
EPA Fuel Economy: 27 City/33 Highway (5MT), 26/32 (4AT)
Curb Weight: 2624-2668 lbs.

Smart ForTwo
Base MSRP:
$11,590 (coupe), $16,590 (cabriolet)
Available Engines: 1.0 liter DOHC 12-valve inline-3 with 70 HP and 68 ft.-lbs. of torque.
Available Transmissions: 5-speed sequential manual transmission
Available Drivetrains: Rear wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 33 City/41 Highway
Curb Weight: 1808-1852 lbs.

Suzuki SX4 Sport
Base MSRP:
$14,270
Available Engines: 2.0 liter DOHC 16-valve inline-4 with 143 HP and 136 ft.-lbs. of torque.
Available Transmissions: 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission
EPA Fuel Economy: 23 City/31 Highway (4AT), 22/30 (5MT)
Curb Weight: 2668-2745 lbs.

UserDrew
I saw a Four2 the other day on my way to work. It was great, there was a really big guy driving it down the highway. It was comedic, like a clown car. They, however, ugly. There aren't many cars in this category I like. I'd have to go with the clubman.
clarkma5
I went for the SX4. I like its funky-yet-aggressive styling and its (budding) rally heritage. A clubman may be more entertaining but it costs a helluva lot more.
moe
Had to go for the Smart. The Clubman is ugly, and more of a novelty product since it doesn't have four proper doors, and I think the SX4 loses a lot of its appeal without AWD. Don't mind the xD at all, but the Smart is just cooler.
Bjorn
Out of all of these, the Mini is the only one I would even consider owning...the SX4 would have got the vote if it was the hatch back model we have up here.
clarkma5
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Feb 7 2008, 03:34 AM) *
Out of all of these, the Mini is the only one I would even consider owning...the SX4 would have got the vote if it was the hatch back model we have up here.

The hatch was in the '07 competition; the sedan's new this year. For what it's worth, the SX4 hatch won its segment last year anyway tongue.gif
dukenukem
Can we have an option for i would rather walk?
Synesthesia
I voted for the xD. It's extremely practical and thought the Suzuki may be so too, I'd rather have a hatch and I trust Toyota more.
Zenix13
Mini Clubman. they are always a car i have wanted to have. i do like the xD though. tough picks lol. i hate smart cars!
Mr b00st
has to be the smart. especially when they start selling smart turbos and brabus smarts.
Razor
Just read a R&T review of the ForTwo. Clark, can you change my vote from SX4 to the Smart?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.