Width (mm) 1709
Towing Braked (kg) 1000
Height (mm) 1425
Towing Not Braked (kg) 595
Track Front (mm) 1467
Wheel Base (mm) 2614
Track Rear (mm) 1456

HONDA S2000

Standard Equipment 16" Alloy Wheels, 2 Speaker Stereo, ABS (Antilock Brakes), Air Conditioning, Airbags - Driver & Passenger (Dual), CD Stacker - 6 disc, Central Locking - Remote/Keyless, Disc Brakes Front Ventilated, Disc Brakes Rear Solid, Engine Immobiliser, Independent Rear Suspension, Leather Steering Wheel, Leather Trim (Incl. Seats, inserts), Power Door Mirrors, Power Roof - Soft, Power Steering, Power Windows - Front & Rear, Radio Cassette, Remote Boot/Hatch Release, Remote Fuel Lid Release, Roll Bar, Starter Button
Release Date August 1999
Body Style Roadster
No. Doors 2
Seat Capacity 2
VIN Number JHMAP1130YT######
Drive Rear Wheel Drive
Transmission 6sp Manual
Gear Location Floor
Engine Size 1997cc (2.0)
No. Cylinders 4
Engine Configuration In-line
Cam DOHC with VVT
Valves/Cylinder 4
Compression Ratio 11:1
Engine Cycle 4 Stroke
Engine Type Piston
Engine Location Front
Engine Number F20C1-#######
Engine Code F20C1
Fuel Type Petrol - Unleaded ULP
RON Rating 95
Fuel Capacity 50L
Fuel Consumption Urban 10.5L/100km
Fuel Consumption Extra Urban 7.8L/100km
Fuel Delivery Multi-Point Injection
Method of Delivery Electronic Sequential
Induction Aspirated
Power 176kW @ 8300rpm
Torque 208Nm @ 7500rpm-7500rpm
Acceleration 0-100Km/h 6.5 secs
Kerb Weight 1259kg
Tare Mass 1259kg
Wheel Base 2400mm
Length 4145mm
Width 1750mm
Height 1285mm
Track Front 1470mm
Track Rear 1510mm
Country of origin JAPAN

HONDA CIVIC SI

Vehicle Details
Standard
Equipment Adjustable Steering Col. - Tilt only, Airbag - Driver, Central Locking, Disc Brakes Front Ventilated, Disc Brakes Rear Solid, Power Steering, Power Windows - Front & Rear, Radio Cassette, Tacho
Optional
Equipment Air Conditioning
Release Date 1993
Body Style Hatchback
Badge Si
No. Doors 3
Seat Capacity 5
Series EG
ModelCode EG537
VIN Number JHMEG53700S1#####
Drive Front Wheel Drive
Transmission 5sp Manual
Gear Location Floor
Engine Size 1590cc (1.6)
No. Cylinders 4
Engine Configuration In-line
Cam Double Overhead Cam
Valves/Cylinder 4
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Engine Cycle 4 Stroke
Engine Type Piston
Engine Location Front
Engine Number D16A8
Engine Code D16A8
Fuel Type Petrol - Unleaded ULP
Fuel Capacity 45L
Fuel Consumption Urban 7.6L/100km
Fuel Consumption Extra Urban 6.4L/100km
Method of Delivery Electronic
Induction Aspirated
Power 96kW @ 6800rpm
Torque 144Nm @ 5700rpm-5700rpm
Kerb Weight 1016kg
Tare Mass 990kg
Wheel Base 2570mm
Length 4070mm
Width 1695mm
Height 1345mm
Track Front 1475mm
Track Rear 1485mm
Country of origin JAPAN
Bjorn
Nice S2000. I have always like the look of those cars. If I had a spare $50,000 and an itch for a roadster it would be tough choosing between it and a Boxster (quite a lot of praise if you know how much of a Porsche fanboi I am).
moe
Very slick S2k. Love those cars.

QUOTE(Bjorn @ Jan 27 2008, 07:32 AM) *
If I had a spare $50,000 and an itch for a roadster it would be tough choosing between it and a Boxster (quite a lot of praise if you know how much of a Porsche fanboi I am).

I agree 100%, though one thing makes the decision a lot easier for me. I really, really don't like the S2k's interior.
Bjorn
The closest I have come is sitting in one at the dealership, and although the interior was cramped (which is surprising considering I'm not very big) I thought it was different enough to be cool.

Goddamn it...now I want one...
jimeegee
I know what you're saying about the interior, its a love it or hate it thing. But I love it! It all feels nice, it's symmetrical, and functional. Just very very basic. In Australia the S2K is much cheaper than a Boxster (love them too). But I could never own an older model because the new model is so much nicer to look at despite only minor changes. Cheers for the comments, I will be looking to show off a few more photos when I get used to my new camera.
PhotoDYL
the s2k has been my realistic dream car for a while and it still is, amazing car!! just hope they'll still be sellin it when i get the money for one
jimeegee
I haven't driven a car that brings a smile to your face more than an S2K. I've owned faster cars that were very capable, but this package really is awesome. I wish more people in Australia went on cruises in them, there are a few around and lots of people hit the track with them which is good too see, but you never see more than a couple together at a time, unlike the massive cruises you see in the US! Rarity is kinda cool too though, unlike the Civic which I see another one every 5 minutes laugh.gif
Costas
50k? unsure.gif

used ones go for around $16k USD around here, and at times even less than that.
moe
Bjorn's in Canada, cars are expensive there.
Nate047
Mmmmmmmmmmm... Black S2K... Do want!

O.P, is this a JDM spec car or what, how does that whole thing work down in Australia? Nice pick up either way, treat her well... woot.gif thumbs_up.gif DS_Naughty2.gif
Costas
Makes sense.. sucks for Canadians then Raspberry.gif
Bjorn
Yep, depending on the car we pay anything from near on the same (in the case of domestics) to 40% more (in the case of high end luxury and sports cars). Although lately with the Canadian dollar being at par or higher than the US dollar, Canadians have started to take note of the discrepancy and have started to ask why it exists. In response a lot of companies are either lowering the MSRP of their cars (Porsche) or offering major cash back incentives ($8300 on an RX-8).

It's kinda a funny situation, considering that very few Canadians noticed the difference until the CAD was on par...but it always existed. And all of the sudden the car companies are trying to display good will by adjusting their prices, acting like the difference was all down to the change in the value of the Canadian dollar...despite the fact that they have been gouging us for years.
Synesthesia
^Interesting, I never thought of it that way. The thing is, the price of cars is relative, maybe you make higher salaries?
Bjorn
I don't think we make more money...I think it has more to do with the fact that Canadians have a bit of a national inferiority complex. I know that sounds kinda silly, but typically we're too nice, and as a country assumed the price difference was down to our dollar being "weak". And to tell you the truth, if I were selling cars in a country with an unstable currency (or one that fluctuates as much as the Canadian dollar) I would build a bit of a buffer in to stop my company from losing it's shirt if the CAD really took a dive.

I think that what really got us up in arms, was that when we realized how much more we were paying for cars after the CAD reached parity, the car companies simultaneously started spouting bullshit about how cars in Canada have to meet different standards (which they do, but nothing which would justify a $10,000 difference between a US and Canadian RX-8) and made it essentially impossible for a Canadian to go down south to buy a car. The shit really hit the fan when the CAD was worth $1.10 USD, and we actually stopped buying cars. That's when companies started adjusting their prices.

The most striking example I can think of, where a Canadian car is different than a US one (aside form the spedo and odometer), is the EVO X. The Canadian one has some rubber sticky-out bits on the back bumper, since Canada still requires 5MPH impact protection, which as far as I can tell, American law no longer requires. Does that justify a $9000 difference in price? I don't think so.
jimeegee
HONDA ACCORD EURO

Engine Location Front
Compression Ratio 10.5
Configuration In-line
Power 140kW @ 6800rpm
Engine Size (cc) 2354
Torque 223Nm @ 4500-4500rpm
Cam DOHC with VVT & Lift
Induction System Aspirated
Engine Cycle 4 Stroke
Fuel Type Petrol - Premium ULP
Engine Type Piston
Fuel Tank Capacity (litres) 65
Engine Number K24A3-#######
Engine Code K24A3 LEV
Cylinders 4
Carbon Dioxide (g/km) 210
Valves per Cylinder 4
Fuel Combined (l/100km) 9.1
Dimensions
Kerb Weight (kg) 1390
Length (mm) 4665
Tare Mass (kg) 1395
Width (mm) 1760
Towing Braked (kg) 1200
Height (mm) 1445
Towing Not Braked (kg) 500
Track Front (mm) 1515
Wheel Base (mm) 2670
Track Rear (mm) 1515
jimeegee
Couple of new cars to play with, useful with two little ones and a bit of fun at the same time. Hard to choose which one to modify...these should do nicely until I have my mid-life crisis and buy my M3 or get another S2000. Looking forward to practicing my photography techniques with these two for a while smile.gif

FORD FOCUS XR5 TURBO

Sprayed the wheels matte black and also the mirrors, front and rear inserts to my taste to give it a more aggressive look.
Tinted windows a tune and nice crackly exhaust would be good.

Engine Location Front
Power 166kW @ 6000rpm
Configuration In-line
Torque 320Nm @ 1600-4000rpm
Engine Size (cc) 2521
Acceleration 0-100Km/h (secs) 6.8
Cam DOHC with VVT
Induction System Turbo Intercooled
Engine Cycle 4 Stroke
Engine Type Piston
Fuel Tank Capacity (litres) 55
Engine Number 5K#####
Cylinders 5
Valves per Cylinder 4
Carbon Dioxide (g/km) 224
Compression Ratio 9
Fuel Combined (l/100km) 9.3
Kerb Weight (kg) 1408
Width (mm) 1839
Tare Mass (kg) 1408
Height (mm) 1497
Wheel Base (mm) 2640
Track Front (mm) 1535
Length (mm) 4342
Track Rear (mm) 1531

AUDI A4 AVANT QUATTRO

Considering a Stage 1 ECU tune for 172kW. Might give the old lump the extra herbs it needs in day to day traffic.

Engine Location Front
Torque 240Nm @ 1950-5500rpm
Configuration In-line
Acceleration 0-100Km/h (secs) 8.5
Engine Size (cc) 1781
Induction System Turbo Intercooled
Cam Double Overhead Cam
Engine Cycle 4 Stroke
Fuel Tank Capacity (litres) 66
Engine Type Piston
Engine Number BEX-######
Engine Code BEX
Fuel Urban (l/100km) 12.9
Cylinders 4
Carbon Dioxide (g/km) 226
Valves per Cylinder 5
Fuel Extra Urban (l/100km) 7.3
Compression Ratio 9.3
Fuel Combined (l/100km) 9.6
Power 140kW @ 5700rpm
Kerb Weight (kg) 1530
Length (mm) 4545
Tare Mass (kg) 1525
Width (mm) 1772
Gross Vehicle Mass (kg) 2080
Height (mm) 1428
Towing Braked (kg) 1800
Track Front (mm) 1528
Towing Not Braked (kg) 750
Track Rear (mm) 1526
Wheel Base (mm) 2645
nismo
Love the S2K, they look so perfect stock bodied and lowered. Mmm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.