Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lulz b00st
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic > Legends
Pages: 1, 2
clarkma5
b00st's Jetta is the current VWVortex featured car. How sad. http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/article_2129.shtml
350Z
Who has been your biggest critic of this project? Dieselstation.
goota
i dont know whats worse. Them featuring it. or b00st submitting it thinking its worthy of being a featured car.

i dont know much about vwvortex. all i know is i have alot less respect for the people who run it though. lol b00st.
Razor
lol, only right that he doesn't mention DS in the other thanks section.
redlinehappiness
Pics are fake. I never really knew him, so i don't know why I made that joke.
moe
I always liked b00st's Jetta. I didn't like that he spent a lot of time on meaningless details when he should've been saving up for bigger mods, but it was pretty cool in my book.
dukenukem
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Jan 15 2008, 03:39 PM) *
I always liked b00st's Jetta. I didn't like that he spent a lot of time on meaningless details when he should've been saving up for bigger mods, but it was pretty cool in my book.

Public flogging for you.
darinzon
What the hell
fiber optic
What kind of criteria is this?! "Tell us what it means to be a Volkswagen enthusiast, and show us how you and your car demonstrate those ideals!"

Being a VW enthusiast means taking spare parts and tools with you because you just know something's gonna break.
McKhaos
If your car had a motto, what would it be? “Drive me!”

... off a fucking cliff.
pollard
correct me if I am wrong but isn't b00st still a douche?

I might feature a car if there was somethng really unique
but it looks like every other car that has added some rims
lowering spring and window tint.

maybe it is just me but not really anything special.
dukenukem
There was also a momo shift knob oh.gif
clarkma5
Remember guys, he bought it WITHOUT the ESP. That's important. Makes the car really unique and cool.
b0mb3r
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh
That's crazy, that they would feature a NEARLY stock Jetta? There is absolutely NOTHING unique or even interesting about that car... it has rimz and springz. oh wait, he put a K&N drop in filter... that must make it awesome. May be he was the only one to submit theirs?

rolleyes.gif
Synesthesia
Maybe he begged? Wheels look like poo anyway...
Ozi
WTF ?? Last time I have seen a VWVORTEX feature a car, it was heavily modified and worth to look at.
Zenix13
what is everyone ripping this guy to shreds for? i dont know the story here is all. its a meh car and it looks stock.
Marien
If you'd been around long enough, you'd know why these guys are laughing so hard.
Zenix13
well i haven't. i enjoy checking out the photography and i haven't gotten into the discussions all that much.
350Z
And not understanding inside jokes is the price you pay.
eraser_rx
i suddenly feel that i'm in the same situation as b00st, except i have a worse car than him
clarkma5
You're not. The thing about b00st that made him so laughable was his unwarranted amount of pride that he put into his mediocre car and his mediocre modifications.
Zenix13
QUOTE(350Z @ Jan 20 2008, 03:53 PM) *
And not understanding inside jokes is the price you pay.

well i picked up what it is from something someone posted. gj at being useless lol
911xx
I kind of remember reading topics of this guy when I was only reading this forum without being a member. Was he once posting pics of the Jetta saying 'hey I washed the beast today, yeah rock on, with some wax also' ?? That was a pleasant read.
dukenukem
QUOTE(911xx @ Jan 22 2008, 04:38 PM) *
I kind of remember reading topics of this guy when I was only reading this forum without being a member. Was he once posting pics of the Jetta saying 'hey I washed the beast today, yeah rock on, with some wax also' ?? That was a pleasant read.

What is your ideal day with this car? Manů wake up early, wash and wax it, drive around on those back roads, then go out at night to meet up with all the crew from NCDubs for dinner. So fun.
Mr b00st
has anyone else here had their car featured on Vortex?

*crickets*

It's easy to criticize other people's work without actually doing shit. Especially over the internet. Especially when they're not around to defend themselves. Color me impressed!

there is quite a bit more done to the car than "springs and tint, lulz." (The car doesn't even have tint! Ignoramus!) If you actually knew what you were talking about, you would have a point. But uh... doesn't seem to be the case here. The car is unique because I would say about 5% of the aftermarket for the MKV is for the BGP/BGQ. So yeah, you're all very original and unique with your modified WRX's and Scions and Hondas. High fives all around.

This is the sort of douchebaggery i've come to expect from DS. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

And what is up with some of you n00b members who've never even met me talking shit?

and yes i'm aware this post comes out as "douchebaggey" but why don't you all take a look back through this thread and see how goddamn retarded you're all being?

Holy shit net ninjas... chill out.

thumbs_up.gif
goota
its still a jetta lol. The only one being retarded is you. You know it would be completely fine if you modified and blah blah, but you do that and claim how amazing it makes the car and act as if youre some bigger person because you have this modified jetta and you know all these tiny minute ridiculous details. Just stop being an ass and realize no matter what you do to your car its still a sorority girl jetta.
clarkma5
Hey I don't wanna say that "it's just a Jetta". You could do something really cool and unique to it and it would be worth featuring on a car website or generally acting like it's the shit. It's just dumb that it's a featured car because it's had nothing particularly out of the ordinary done to it. It's got springs and rims and after that everything is just a handful of cheap-o personalized touches, and then b00st goes on and acts like he's got a pimp-ass ride. Well I'm sorry, it's not special, and you act like it is, and that's why this thread was made and that's why VWVortex was dumb for featuring you.
Mr b00st
yeah and unitronic engine software, a short shifter, a polyeurothane engine mount, a GTI rear sway bar, Koni FSD's are on the way as is a new head unit...

like i said, if you all knew what you were talking about, i would agree, it would be lame. But find another 2.5 on Vortex that has had the effort and creativity put into it like mine has.
Mr b00st
QUOTE(goota @ Mar 19 2008, 11:45 PM) *
its still a jetta lol. The only one being retarded is you. You know it would be completely fine if you modified and blah blah, but you do that and claim how amazing it makes the car and act as if youre some bigger person because you have this modified jetta and you know all these tiny minute ridiculous details. Just stop being an ass and realize no matter what you do to your car its still a sorority girl jetta.

just to clarify, i've never claimed my car was amazing. Unless you can find proof then i'll eat my words. Frankly the powertrain isn't all it could be, it's too heavy... but it's a damn good car for the price. All I've ever said was that the modifications done enhance the ownership experience, and they do. It is way more fun to drive than a normal 2.5, and i welcome anyone to come down to NC and test that out. It's not the fastest car out there (I'm aware) but I like it, and i've put my money, thought and creativity into it to make it mine. What have you done to your car?
clarkma5
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Mar 19 2008, 10:17 PM) *
yeah and unitronic engine software, a short shifter, a polyeurothane engine mount, a GTI rear sway bar, Koni FSD's are on the way as is a new head unit...

I have three out of 6 of those things for the record and you don't see me crowing about it because it ain't worth crowing about!

Oooh new head unit. Half my friends's cars have aftermarket head units. Why can't you just deal with the fact that your car isn't as special as you wish it were? That's the reality the vast majority of us live with and we're a lot less obnoxious as a result.

And for the record, goota's integra is more interesting and well-thought-out than your car is, and you don't see it clogging up our forums. Fine, you like your car, and you even lavish a few choice mods on it. I do not begrudge you that, because I feel the same about my car. But you don't see me entering to be featured on VWVortex, and you don't see a new post in the user's rides forum everytime I top off the tank with premium.
goota
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Mar 19 2008, 09:19 PM) *
just to clarify, i've never claimed my car was amazing. Unless you can find proof then i'll eat my words. Frankly the powertrain isn't all it could be, it's too heavy... but it's a damn good car for the price. All I've ever said was that the modifications done enhance the ownership experience, and they do. It is way more fun to drive than a normal 2.5, and i welcome anyone to come down to NC and test that out. It's not the fastest car out there (I'm aware) but I like it, and i've put my money, thought and creativity into it to make it mine. What have you done to your car?

And there you go again with your douchebaggery of trying to make it noticed that youre some superior being because you modify your car and they are "modifications which enhance the ownership experience".
What does it matter if I have done anything or nothing to my car, I dont whore my car out like phix on a street corner on friday night at least and I think I seem like less of a douchebag to people because of it.
Mr b00st
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 20 2008, 01:41 AM) *
I have three out of 6 of those things for the record and you don't see me crowing about it because it ain't worth crowing about!

Oooh new head unit. Half my friends's cars have aftermarket head units. Why can't you just deal with the fact that your car isn't as special as you wish it were? That's the reality the vast majority of us live with and we're a lot less obnoxious as a result.

And for the record, goota's integra is more interesting and well-thought-out than your car is, and you don't see it clogging up our forums. Fine, you like your car, and you even lavish a few choice mods on it. I do not begrudge you that, because I feel the same about my car. But you don't see me entering to be featured on VWVortex, and you don't see a new post in the user's rides forum everytime I top off the tank with premium.

when was the last time i posted about my car on these forums, exactly?

QUOTE(goota @ Mar 20 2008, 01:52 AM) *
And there you go again with your douchebaggery of trying to make it noticed that youre some superior being because you modify your car and they are "modifications which enhance the ownership experience".
What does it matter if I have done anything or nothing to my car, I dont whore my car out like phix on a street corner on friday night at least and I think I seem like less of a douchebag to people because of it.

gee, I don't know. This is a car forum, right? Where people talk about cars?

So you're saying umm... don't talk about cars in a car forum?
goota
...yes thats exactly what im saying. god damn you are thick.
911xx
I'm so confused, I believe everyone's wrong in here. dry.gif
Mr b00st
QUOTE(goota @ Mar 20 2008, 05:33 AM) *
...yes thats exactly what im saying. god damn you are thick.

that's, you know... kind of dumb. Do we talk about unicorns then?

Actually though, I don't talk about shit. I remember why I left now. Theeeeeeeeeeee bullshit. Adios! smile.gif
b0mb3r
Damn, since your car has been featured on VWVortex, does that makes you better then the rest of us? I guess you feel a sense of entitlement because your car has been recognized by the establishment (in this case, VWVortex). And since you have received such negative reactions here; you automatically assume that we are jealous, when in fact there can be nothing further from the truth.
dukenukem
So let me get this straight ... by this logic my car is automatically unique because Steel Gray Metallic was only available on 06 model AND was far from being the most popular colour behind Blue, black and white cars!
Respect me bitches!
Benny
i have a 93 lexus ls400. ITS RARES
IT HAS CROSS DRILLED ROTARS STOPPING PWR FTMFW
clarkma5
I heart.gif you guys
McKhaos
Pfft. My car has 4 disc brakes WITHOUT the sport suspension. Also, I gots me a tuner grille. PHEAR ME.
Synesthesia
Good riddance! Never in the history of DS (at least as long as I've been lurking) has anyone been as endlessly defensive of their car as Boost. Does anyone here know him in the real world? Otherwise, I can't believe he didn't get banned long ago...
Benny
YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
WHEN I ROLLZ THEY BE LYKE" WHO DAT NEEGRO HIS ROTARS ARE GLEAMIN' " THEN THEY SEE A SKINNY WHITE GUY AND THEY LYKE "OH SHIT HE DONT ROLL IN A 5CYL JETTA"

none of this happens
infinity
I know that I'm probably gonna take a ton of shit for this but...

Sure, b00st posts a bunch of mods he makes to his admittedly average/everyday/mediocre care, but whats the harm in sharing his updates with other members of this car forum? I respect his pride in the time, money, and effort he puts into his car. Sure, it may not be the coolest or fastest or most unique car or anything on DS, but I'm sure he's excited about making the most of what he has and what he can do with his car. I know some of you may not care what b00st does to his "sorority girl jetta", so just ignore his threads. Some people may be, at the very least, vaguely interested. I don't care what kind of springs or whatever anyone in here has in their car, but if they take the time and money to put them into their car and want to share the experience/addition with the members of their car forum, why not?

The reason b00st is always so defensive about his car is cause you guys give him so much shit for it its not even funny. I don't think b00st has every tried to say that his car is anything spectacular or head-turning or incredibly unique or fast or anything, in fact he usually admits that none of this is true...so I don't get why you guys seem to think he's trying to show off or whatever so much.

I'm not really trying to take his side here, but its kind of sad that, on a forum created to share the passion of loving cars and everything automotive, someone who is happy and proud of what they have done with their car takes so much shit for sharing it.

/end rant
clarkma5
infinity, you have now joined the club of people who don't get it (along with its founding member, b00st).

We're not making fun of his car. We're making fun of him. I think most of us agree the car's fine...if not the greatest thing in the world, then at least nothing to be ashamed of. It's his attitude, and it's his constant misunderstanding of our derision that makes him so wonderfully flame-able.
infinity
Well I guess I don't know what his attitude is like or bothered to paid attention to his misunderstandings of your derision. You guys sure to give him a hard time though. I don't know whats more annoying, his attitude and "misunderstandings of your derision", or your derision in the first place.
clarkma5
ban. Ban ban ban. Ban ban ban ban.

How can you expect to be a cool kid if you don't understand the in-fights?
dukenukem
Step 1 to understanding why we make fun of b00st ..
Just because you got a car with a certain options does not make it unique. You just got a car with options that noone else wanted to get. Nothing more and nothing less.
Bjorn
Did this guy actually claim his car was unique cuz he was too cheap to shell out for ESP?

Wow...
skr
QUOTE(infinity935 @ Mar 20 2008, 04:06 PM) *
The reason b00st is always so defensive about his car is cause you guys give him so much shit for it its not even funny. I don't think b00st has every tried to say that his car is anything spectacular or head-turning or incredibly unique or fast or anything, in fact he usually admits that none of this is true...so I don't get why you guys seem to think he's trying to show off or whatever so much.

I'm not really trying to take his side here, but its kind of sad that, on a forum created to share the passion of loving cars and everything automotive, someone who is happy and proud of what they have done with their car takes so much shit for sharing it.

/end rant

If you noticed the other thread http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?showtopic=24023 he came on DS to ask for feedback, which people gave. Good legitimate feedback. Instead of accepting it and realizing how constructive we're trying to be, he turns around and defends himself with irrational arguments. That stubborn, thick-headed attitude gets him in trouble around here. Having a feature of his car on VWVortex isn't helping his ego either.

The REALLY sad part is that he keeps coming back here looking for opinions KNOWING that he has a bad reputation here. And NOT ONCE has he ever brought anything commendable to the table.

Everyone in this forum is a car enthusiast in their own right, but if you're going to be a stubborn douche about our feedback in the beginning, then seek your ego feed elsewhere.

..goddamnit I'm missing the laker game replying to this post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.