Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Someone kill RINSPEED
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
WackoWizard
I do not understand what kind of person would buy an expensive car like this and then take it to RINSPEED and get it ruined by them. That thing is... I don't have words for anything that ugly.

WOW that was weird. Anyways here's the car.

head.gif Why Oh Why!
Vadvagool
What the hell is RINSPEED??

And I think I just threw up a little in my mouth... thumbs_down.gif
Uwe
Rinspeed is a swiss car maker that has the habit of turning Porsche 911's into something completely crazy.
mung35
Replace all the white with black... then... thumbs_up.gif

Anyone care to PS?
moe
This is really old news I believe. And sure Rinspeed does some wacky concepts, but at the same time it does some pretty good Porsche tuning as well.
il3ameed
GOD Eww.

the head cushion thingi on the seats? the color, the rims? frugly
Synesthesia
You need to actually go on their website and read about the cars. They do some really weird stuff but it's usually very interesting.
911xx
Wasn't the car named ZEN or something like that? From what I have read on it, it had pretty cool features.
Asher
Rinspeed can do whatever the hell they want as far as I'm concerned. They do so much cool stuff that it's whateva.
WackoWizard
It might be old news, but i haven't seen any good projects by them, so as far as i'm concerned RINSPEED sucks. of course as soon as i see a nice car made by them it will make it a little better, but i will still think their cars are ugly. I am sure they might have sweet features but they could make it a little nicer i mean. meh.
911xx
Here's an interior shot...

WackoWizard
Yah that didn't help. Just when i was eating too! sick.gif
WardLarson
that looks tight. rinspeed is one of the most creative groups i know of. just because their shit isn't beautiful doesn't mean they're not awesome as hell.
redlinehappiness
I love those seats. The exterior not so much.
911xx
The seats are made of a gel that remembers the size of the driver's body. They look comfy as hell, plus they are Recaros.

I think that the car gives a nice relaxation feeling, with that glass roof and that special interior, just like its name. I investigated a bit and it is zaZen.
johnny.msyl.25
The seat remembers the driver? Wow that's quite amazing. Anyway, Rinspeed didn't kill the looks so much, here's an example:
moe
^ Wacko...take a long, hard look at that. It's sexy. And when you're done...look up the Rinspeed Imola.
WackoWizard
I did say that there probably are some good cars made by them but i didn't see any, and i did say that if i saw a nice one i will change my opinion about them.

About the Imola. They didn't ruin it but the vinyl on it is hideous.

The one Johny posted is amazing. I have changed my ways. Well not really but i do think that RINSPEED is okay now. However there are a lot of bad projects. I could post a lot more if you guys were interested.
911xx
I am, go ahead.
infinity
Heres my personal favorite for the "The Worst of Rinspeed":

The Rinspeed Bedouin -

moe
QUOTE(WackoWizard @ Nov 29 2007, 03:57 AM) *
I did say that there probably are some good cars made by them but i didn't see any, and i did say that if i saw a nice one i will change my opinion about them.

About the Imola. They didn't ruin it but the vinyl on it is hideous.

The one Johny posted is amazing. I have changed my ways. Well not really but i do think that RINSPEED is okay now. However there are a lot of bad projects. I could post a lot more if you guys were interested.

If you'd known anything about Rinspeed to start with, you'd know they're a pretty legit Porsche tuning outfit. The wacky concepts are just publicity stunts. That said, the Chopster was amazing, and I've seen it on the streets here.

EDIT: They also restore classic Porsches.
911xx
Actually they're making some crazy shit out of Porsches... canadian.gif
goota
I love that roof and those seats
WackoWizard
Okay so after looking at the reactions on here i should say, that in my opinion RINSPEED is bad, but a lot of people like it. I have been known to have my own style when it comes to modified cars. And no I'm not a ricer.
johnny.msyl.25
Some Rinspeed Porsches are really ricey, but most of it are more to a tuned Porsche than a ricer's Porsche.
Synesthesia
Infinity: the best part about that car is the photo with the dude wearing the pointy hat. I posted that a while back...

In other news, this discussion sucks.
speedyK
QUOTE(infinity935 @ Nov 29 2007, 09:22 AM) *
Heres my personal favorite for the "The Worst of Rinspeed":

The Rinspeed Bedouin

I've actually seen that car and it is not a pretty sight. But it is certainly more practical than a stock 911 Turbo and the quality of the craftsmanship is beyond repute.

Couple of pics I took:

Rinspeed don't limit themselves to Porsches their Lotus Elise-based Squba is even more adventurous and it really works!
joker69
stop stop stop....don't blame rinspeed. ;-) This company is 20 minutes away from where i live and i can say they make very cool creations. I know theyr cars looks wierd but it's always a unique project. Like the scuba or the boat/car.

heheheh

Greets
Bentley-_boy
Tisk Tisk

But Rinspeed are all concept vehicles
You cannot buy them ever

Their just concept car that Rinspeed wastes their money on..

Crazy swiss! nono.gif
hexagone
bentley boy is in for a quality banning
moe
^ Nah, lets keep him. He can be our village idiot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.