Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SLR...round 2
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
moe
So this forum has forever banished the SLR to "Disgustingly Uncool" despite later votes redeeming it. What about the roadster though? Is lopping the top off, and adding a big helping of style enough to save this supercar? The reviews have said that while the SLR coupe was underwhelming, the roadster is more in character for a car of this sort. What do you have to say?

I give it a "Frozen." Open top motoring doesn't get much cooler than this.
350Z
This is a very cool car, frozen.
Razor
I've heard the justification for the first one being MJU, but I still don't buy it. The roadster is actually uncool, though.
clarkma5
Second verse, same as the first.

For the record, it's still a McLaren SLR so the same cool wall rule still applies o:
stuffthatsgood
Uglier, don't like convertibles. Uncool.
redlinehappiness
I'd love to own one. Awesome car, frozen.
Synesthesia
Being a convertible I'm sure it's worse of a performer than the coupe. I don't think I could ever live with myself in a convertible Mercedes and this is the epitome. Still MJU.
Uwe
The SLR tried to be a sportscar and failed completely in it so it fully deserved its MJU rating. This one though - well you could see it as a not too bad looking convertible with enough power under the bonnet. So I rate it as cool.
Mr b00st
where is the button for "failboat"?

mung35
This car will get you pussy. Hence, cool.
Frederf
Yeah but it'd be like your mom's hairdresser pussy.

One saving grace of the SLR is that it was "the easiest super car to drive" right? I mean sure a Zonda or a Carrera GT is faster around a track but 10x as unforgiving. That's got to be worth something, right? .... right?
`nT
Soft Tops...bleh.gif
Razor
QUOTE(`nT @ Nov 18 2007, 07:46 AM) *
Soft Tops...bleh.gif

Exactly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.