Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holden Efijy
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
Mitlov
It looks old-school American, but it's actually Australian. Powered by a supercharged 6.0L LS2 V8 from Holden's GM parent, this car makes 645 hp and 560 ft-lbs. Like any self-respecting hot rod, it's rear-wheel-drive.

Is it cool?

WardLarson
frozen solid.
Mitlov
For me, it's frozen as frozen can be. Whether you're a hot rod guy or not, it's hard for me to imagine not being impressed by this.
WardLarson
yeah really, it's just gorgeous, not to mention a beast, and a great interior.
moe
About as cold as they come...Frozen.
bing5500
Cool but it is a good thing that it didn't hit production or it would end up like the Plymouth Prowler.
Mitlov
QUOTE(bing5500 @ Sep 10 2007, 08:12 AM) *
Cool but it is a good thing that it didn't hit production or it would end up like the Plymouth Prowler.

I know what a Plymouth Prowler is, but I didn't follow cars when it was released so I'm not sure what you mean by this. Care to elaborate?
ExoticTuner
If that's not frozen I don't know what is (This is NOT coming from a holden fan)
dukenukem
It looks like the car from Batman comics or something ! Absolutely gorgeous
CarDesigner'09
Frozen, this thing was on the cover of Hot Rod magazine (I think) a few years ago. They were drooling over the thing.
Mitlov
I'm not sure if I've ever seen a car get a more overwhelming vote for frozen.

GM should have built this thing, and made it just like the concept (or as close as government lighting/bumper/etc regulations allow). There are plenty of upper-middle-class middle-aged guys out there who would gladly drop $50-60k for this car, even if it's handling isn't the best and the fuel economy is poor and there's no manual transmission and yadda yadda yadda.
midnightdorifto
Seen it in person - spent about 10 minutes just pouring over every little detail of the damn thing. It's far and away frozen and anyone who says differently is fucked in the head.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Mitlov @ Sep 11 2007, 09:21 PM) *
I'm not sure if I've ever seen a car get a more overwhelming vote for frozen.

GM should have built this thing, and made it just like the concept (or as close as government lighting/bumper/etc regulations allow). There are plenty of upper-middle-class middle-aged guys out there who would gladly drop $50-60k for this car, even if it's handling isn't the best and the fuel economy is poor and there's no manual transmission and yadda yadda yadda.

i.e. replace the ssr. thumbs_up.gif
moe
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Sep 13 2007, 06:02 AM) *
i.e. replace the ssr. thumbs_up.gif

I actually liked the SSR. Then I realized I was stupid...
Phix
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Sep 14 2007, 11:37 AM) *
I actually liked the SSR. Then I realized I was arab... so I liked it even more!
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Sep 14 2007, 11:37 AM) *
I actually liked the SSR. Then I realized I was stupid...

I would have liked it a lot more if they put a blown LS6 with a stick in it.
clarkma5
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Sep 14 2007, 10:06 AM) *
I would have liked it a lot more if they put a blown LS6 with a stick in it.

Well the later models got the LS2 with a 6-speed, which was a big step up from the 5.3 with the 4-speed auto that it originally came with. But even with that superior powertrain, it was still a very flawed car dynamically and it looks pretty stupid...
bing5500
QUOTE(Mitlov @ Sep 10 2007, 04:10 PM) *
I know what a Plymouth Prowler is, but I didn't follow cars when it was released so I'm not sure what you mean by this. Care to elaborate?

Basically, when the Prowler was released as a concept car then it got rave reviews and was generally loved...however, when it hit production then it was seen as a hot rod for posers and on top of it the styling didn't age nearly as well as actual hot rods do. People always want a cool concept car to make it to production but sometimes it isn't a good idea...
Blue Devil
QUOTE(bing5500 @ Sep 18 2007, 06:28 PM) *
Basically, when the Prowler was released as a concept car then it got rave reviews and was generally loved...however, when it hit production then it was seen as a hot rod for posers and on top of it the styling didn't age nearly as well as actual hot rods do. People always want a cool concept car to make it to production but sometimes it isn't a good idea...

worse yet... it was WAY underpowered... which is why it is a poser hot rod.

BTW, the Efijy... it froze hell...
pakula
yeah efijy is probly the best car ever made in aus, and top 20 in the world i think.
super hot, soo many nice details.
moe
So they could build some....
Vadvagool
...though its price tag would likely be $1,000,000 or more, which is what it cost to actually build the concept.

dry.gif
Halflifehavock13
I'll wait to see one at the dream cruise next year.
WardLarson
mod/admin should move this to frozen sometime.
TopGearFan
super ugly nono.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.