Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can we (read I) have a car designer's forum?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic > Legends
CarDesigner'09
So I figured since I'm starting to get used to DS, and I'll be spending so much time on the forums, why not improve my skills? So if we have this designers forum, then we could
critique each others designs,
get inspiration,
we could learn a whole lot from each other,
also I think it would attract some new people (not saying that we alrady don't have new people).
This might not work out, but it's better than my other idea, right?
Diesel
just post in the Alt.Binaries forum.
CarDesigner'09
Ok, thanks. thumbs_up.gif
Wait, should I put the suggestion in the Alt.Binaries forum, or are you saying we can have this Designer's forum?
redlinehappiness
I think he means just put whatever you have in the Alt.Binaries as a new topic.
Mazdaspeed
where do you goto school?
krazykohla
I'd be more willing to back up your "Design Forum" idea if you had better grammar.
CarDesigner'09
QUOTE(redlinehappiness @ Jul 19 2007, 12:00 PM) *
I think he means just put whatever you have in the Alt.Binaries as a new topic.

Awesome! That's better than nothing.

QUOTE(Mazdaspeed @ Jul 19 2007, 12:35 PM) *
where do you goto school?

A certain place in a certain state....who ever said I went to school?

QUOTE(krazykohla @ Jul 19 2007, 08:05 PM) *
I'd be more willing to back up your "Design Forum" idea if you had better grammar.

Is that better (see above)?
mung35
CD09.. word of advice... it takes a lot more than 32 posts to come around a forum and suggest changes. Sit tight, and when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Or here, while at DS, do as the jackasses do. Even I don't have enough cred to do anything. Do anything stupid and you're sure to get eaten alive. So proceed with caution. Also, you're 17 years old, I imagine you haven't graduated high school yet, another reason no one will take you seriously.
clarkma5
Even if he was a 35 year old professional with impeccable grammar I wouldn't take his suggestion, because without a decent-sized community of forum members, a subforum will wither and die very very quickly. And we simply don't have enough people who would give two craps about a design forum.
krazykohla
QUOTE(CarDesigner @ Jul 20 2007, 12:26 PM) *
Awesome! That's better than nothing.
A certain place in a certain state....who ever said I went to school?
Is that better (see above)?

MUCH better. thumbs_up.gif Welcome welcome welcome!

QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jul 20 2007, 02:55 PM) *
Even if he was a 35 year old professional with impeccable grammar I wouldn't take his suggestion, because without a decent-sized community of forum members, a subforum will wither and die very very quickly. And we simply don't have enough people who would give two craps about a design forum.

I'll be interested in a design forum once I start taking college design classes and learning the programs. In a way I somewhat wish we did have one, just so I could see what other designers out there are working on.
clarkma5
So between you and him, that makes two. And I know Hexagone has an interest so that's maybe 3. A couple other stragglers might make it 4 or 5 semi-regular contributors, tops. Yeah, I don't feel unjustified at denying this request.
CarDesigner'09
Your advice is heard and noted mung35, but if I do get eaten alive here, I could always go to another forum; however, I would miss all you guys here, even though I haven't been here that long, I've gotten used to you guys. Anyways, I think I could handle getting poned, as long as I don't get banned, I'll be fine. smile.gif By the way, I've just moved to Cary, NC. I'll be going to Greenhope High School as a junior. I did take some drafting classes, but they were more focused on basic engineering stuff, so I had to teach myself how to design cars and such in the program (called ProDesktop 8.0, for those interested). That wasn't going so well, so now I'm teaching myself Photoshop (that's how I made my avatar). I expect I should be able to have my pics uploaded onto a host site, and also have the subforum started within the next week. And Clark, please don't eat me alive, I promise to be (relatively) nice!

Also is there a way to raise awareness about this possible subforum?
clarkma5
Not my intention to eat anyone alive. I'm blunt and honest, not mean. I apparently am perceived that way around here though...oh well.
CarDesigner'09
What you're percieved as by myself (and other various noobs) is a vicious, forum monster...In a good way I mean 22, 892 posts? Man that's a lot of posts, and I've read some of them, they're thought out posts.
WardLarson
so were you offended or was ass-kissing your primary goal the whole time?
CarDesigner'09
Ooh ouch, that burns! But no, ass-kissing wasn't my primary goal. My primary goal was to inquire into the issue that this thread is titled. What I said to Clark was how I really do percieve him, so it was truth. Really now man, you shouldn't lash out at me like that unknowingly, it ain't right.
mung35
I see CD09 getting banned here under 100 posts... I've seen this pattern one too many times.
WardLarson
i apologize for lashing out like that. i know my humor is incredibly violent and offensive.
krazykohla
Damn you people are harsh!

Give the poor guy a chance. He obviously isn't trying to create any drama and he's trying his best to fit and and have some fun on ds.
clarkma5
QUOTE(krazykohla @ Jul 21 2007, 11:25 PM) *
Damn you people are harsh!

Give the poor guy a chance. He obviously isn't trying to create any drama and he's trying his best to fit and and have some fun on ds.

...I don't think this was harsh. We didn't run him out of dodge with pitchforks and torches, we just said that this idea isn't really feasible. Some other people piped in with some firm but friendly advice that he's too new to have much influence. I don't see much of an issue here?
krazykohla
I guess it was mostly pertaining to what Ward said and how people treated him when he brought up his idea about ranking the babes in the babes forum or something...

http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?...mp;#entry365845
WardLarson
well now you've called me out, how is that any better than me calling him out?
that's what I thought.

anyway, if you can't deal with shit on an internet forum you need to take your free time and focus it into more constructive activities, such as counseling.
that being said I'm sure cardesigner'09 will be fine and I doubt he's lost any sleep over this matter.
CarDesigner'09
Ok! I get it, I'll post my stuff somewhere else.
Subject closed.
Phix
krazykohla... just what the hell is the matter with you? Every single time somebody criticizes somebody else, or responds in a way you consider to be "harsh" you immediately jump in and let out your old and tired response, "Oh, don't let these asshoels get to you blah blah blah they're all bitches and keyboard warriors blah blah blah they remind me of people i used to pick on back in high school (wtf are you even alluding to?) blah blah blah" and so forth. I sincerely doubt any of these people who do talk shit even mean it on the personal level you seem to think they do. Most of it is done in jest but no you have to keep butting in and calling everyone bitches. DS has been like this for the longest way and you apparently ride in here considering yourself some sort of paragon of righteousness out to weed out the assholes on DS.

DS was built on assholism. It's not going to change because it's a small enough community to not really warrant any sort of change. It's part of the fun. Although, your idea of fun seems to be posting '+1' 'LOL LOL OMFGZ' 'ROFL L .. M .. A .. O... LOL OMFG +1' over and over 'DAMN, THAT'S A BAD CAR +1 +1' endlessly so I can imagine why you think we're all actual assholes.

Oh, don't worry about actually replying this... I've already collected your response.

And don't let these bitches discourage you tongue.gif they're mostly all bark and no bite.

Damn..you're a bitch tongue.gif
Don't worry. I'm not trying to take your smartass/elitist title away from you. You've established your rank as biggest asshole on the forums already, and there's no one even close to taking that title away. wink.gif

I don't really "hate" anyone from the internet, seeing as I don't know really know them. You most likely have a fake internet-personality which I'm sure you don't carry with you in your everyday activities, and if I met you in person I could guarantee you wouldn't be as confrontational.

I really have no reason to hold a grudge against you, seeing as how you've made a few cheap shots at me and my car and got nowhere. I just find it quite amusing when you post things that may make sense in your mind, but really don't make sense at all.

Do you have a stick up your ass or something? Lighten up. What have I done to you?

Don't worry, you do get the "biggest asshole on the forums" medal from me wink.gif/

Damn right I don't like you!

At least I have enough common sense not to listen to some bitch-ass DS elitist. rolleyes.gif

And, hell, all I notice from you are posts that are either 'LAMO, +1 +1' 'FTW' x50 or a rant about how we're all assholes.
350Z
I love it when Phix goes on these rants.
WardLarson
phix's rants are funny though. and they are true.
krazykohla
Phix, seems you've taken quite a while concocting a whole bunch of irrelevance in an attempt to make my existence on the forums look pointless and annoying rather than the least bit incitefull or fun. It may be hard for most of you to believe through solely my forum posts, but let me tell you a little about myself and how much I love cars. My dad had an intense love for cars and devoted his life to fixing old classic cars and opening his own shop. After he passed, my love for cars grew even more, and to this day I regret not learning more from him. Unfortunately, most of my car knowledge has been attained from car magazines, books, and experience, but I'm still learning more about the mechanics of them as I move on. Someday I hope to even pursue a career in the automotive world. Even though my automotive knowledge is quite limited compared to a lot of the other members on this forum, I'm still just as infatuated with the automotive world. As I get older, I'm going to study them more and more until I'm more of an expert myself. The only reason I frequent this forum is to learn about cars and to have fun. Forums shouldn't consist of a community of elitist members who aren't open to letting others learn, they should be a place where people have fun talking about the things they love and learning along the way.

All I've tried to do when new people came on here was attempted to give them a warmer welcome than most of you. Sure most of you are straight to the point and unforgiving of bad first impressions, but that shouldn't bar anyone from wanting to frequent these forums for the sole purpose of talking about cars with other car enthusiasts.

Believe it or not, I'm actually a very kind and friendly person who is open to just about anything; ask Cyclone. In person I get along with almost everyone and whenever the subject of cars gets brought up, I can be engaged in conversations with other car lovers for hours. It may not have to do with "this Magnaflow exhaust system is far superior to this Flowmaster exhaust because of the overall quality.....etc. etc." or "Some turbo-back (and header-back) systems replace stock catalytic converters with others having less flow restriction.", but it's generally about our overall love for cars, what cars we really enjoy and why, and what cars we highly anticipate in the future. It can even be something as simple and friendly as me complimenting a customer's car, like the store owner's mother's M3 and asking how much she likes it and if she'd recommend it.

I don't see myself above anybody else or any sort of "forum saint", and even though I like quite a few members on this forum and have had some good times, I'll take my leave.
WardLarson
again, if they leave just because of some sarcastic remarks they need to question their own psychological state.

to new members:

no one was around when I was new. i still get shit all the time and i don't cry or bitch about it. just get over it. take it with a sense of humor and you'll be fine. if you act offended it feeds the fire and makes you seem even more like a douche.
White RSX
QUOTE(WardLarson @ Jul 22 2007, 02:36 PM) *
no one was around when I was new. i still get shit all the time and i don't cry or bitch about it. just get over it. take it with a sense of humor and you'll be fine. if you act offended it feeds the fire and makes you seem even more like a douche.

And this is why Ward is kinda cool.

On topic: No. We have a shitty forum for "Legends" that nobody uses thanks to Phix, we don't need more shit shitting this place up. Our members do a fine job on their own.
Diesel
you're all a bunch of whiny fags. shut up already.
White RSX
Go drive your Scion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.