Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Audi R8
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
clarkma5
So Audi has spawned the mid-engined, V8-powered R8 road car from their Le Mans Quattro concept car to enter into the super sports car realm, competing against the likes of Porsche, Aston Martin, Maserati and, to a lesser extent, Lamborghini and Ferrari (even the Z06, Viper, and M6 are possible targets). Using the RS4's excellent powerplant, now mounted amidships and utilizing dry-sump lubrication, the flagship Audi seeks to provide track-worthy performance with real everyday usability. So how cool is having your cake and eating it too?

Specifications
MSRP: $109,000
Direct-injection naturally aspirated dry-sump 4163 cc 90 V8 with 12.5:1 compression ratio
420 HP @ 7,800 RPM
317 ft.-lbs. of torque @ 4,500 RPM
8,250 RPM rev limit
All-wheel drive
6-speed manual or clutchless 6-speed sequential manual gearbox
3450 lb. curb weight

0-60 MPH: 4.4 seconds (edmunds)
1/4 mile: 12.8 seconds @ 110.2 MPH (edmunds)
60-0 MPH: 115 feet (edmunds)
Skidpad grip: 0.96g (edmunds)
600 ft. slalom: 69.2 MPH (edmunds)
Top speed: 187 MPH (manufacturer)

dukenukem
Frozen. Classic, powerful and knows exactly what it is supposed to do.
Mitlov
Frozen. Can't describe why, but it's awesome.
moe
Frozen. The styling's great, very contemporary, and original. Dyamically it's a real threat to Porsche, so it all comes together.
Marien
I like it, but somehow i find it to clinical to be frozen. So just cool for me
GTR
very nice.. a once thought of concept car made real and costs just the same as an M5 or M6.
Frozen for me
Razor
Absolute Zero. Nothing short of it. thumbs_up.gif
UserDrew
I didn't have to think twice about which way to vote for this car. If I could afford a 106k dollar car it would be this one!
Mitlov
Wow, "frozen" is dominating. Seventeen votes for "frozen" and no more than two votes for any of the other options. Audi did good with this design heart.gif
porschedream
Ice Cold, Frozen, As Cold as Liquid Nitrogen. This car is absolute sex on wheels and thats all there is too it.
Mitlov
QUOTE(porschedream @ Jun 21 2007, 07:55 PM) *
Ice Cold, Frozen, As Cold as Liquid Nitrogen. This car is absolute sex on wheels and thats all there is too it.

You have the means. You like Audi more than any other brand (despite your username). Why not pick one up? That way we can all drool over it.
clarkma5
As duke inferred, it's an instant classic. It's a total breakthrough for Audi, it is stunningly gorgeous, and whether Audi keeps getting better or if this is their peak, either way people are going to be talking about this car for a long time.
Razor
QUOTE(Mitlov @ Jun 22 2007, 01:57 AM) *
You have the means. You like Audi more than any other brand (despite your username). Why not pick one up? That way we can all drool over it.

I agree, do it. I hear there's a diesel version on the way too, so that isn't too shabby at all (save a couple bucks on gas here and there tongue.gif)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.