Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2007 BMW 335i
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
nismo
The 335 has a new 300 horsepower inline six-cylinder with twin-turbochargers, high-precision fuel injection, and an all-aluminum crankcase, pushing the car to 60 mph in just 5.3 seconds. The 335i Coupe will be joined in the U.S. by the 230 horsepower 328i Coupe, which hits 60 mph in 6.2 seconds. In addition to the standard six-speed manual, both models will be offered with an available six-speed Steptronic automatic transmission. The 2007 3-Series coupe also includes the option of xDrive all-wheel drive for the first time ever in a BMW coupe. It will be available this fall in the 328xi Coupe. Adaptive Xenon headlights and Horizontal LED taillights are standard equipment.

eighteenseconds
BROKEN PICTORZ
clarkma5
Regardless, uncool, like any modern BMW except for perhaps the various M3s and some of the Z cars.
mung35
Sorry, there's just something very appealing about this car. Twin turbo 3.0L BMW pulling 300hp. AWD and hardtop convertible optional. Also, all that and manual transmission still available. Best choice of BMW 3-series in a while.

Despite my early doubts about this car, I'm gonna have to give it frozen status.
dukenukem
Uncool like every other 3 series BMW from the last 10 years. (Except the M3 CSL).
Mitlov
Frozen for being the first good-looking Bimmer in years (and a damned good looking one at that) and for combining twin-turbo fun with sublime handling. Maybe if I lived in a major metropolitan area, where 3-Serieses were as common as Silverados are here, I'd be sick of them and think they were uncool. But I don't live in a major metropolitan area, so these cars are still way cool in my book.

Here's pics, since the first poster's links are broken:

b0mb3r
you can hate it all you want, but it is very difficult to find a car that handles better then a BMW. I have driven many BMWs; and as much I love my MKV (I have caught the VW virus), but the BMW is so much neutral. When driven, you can just steer it with the throttle and the steering wheel. It is fun smile.gif cool for me.
clarkma5
^^ classic example of getting good and cool confused.
b0mb3r
yeah but good is cool in my book whistle.gif
duality
Is it a great driver's car? Yes.
Is it an engineering marvel? Yes.
Is it bland and boring? Yes.
Is it cool? No.
mung35
QUOTE(duality @ Jun 9 2007, 04:19 PM) *
Is it a great driver's car? Yes.
Is it an engineering marvel? Yes.
Is it bland and boring? Yes.
Is it cool? No.

I don't care how ugly you are... owning one of these increases you chances of getting some action three to ten-fold... that makes it cool.
duality
QUOTE(mung35 @ Jun 9 2007, 03:33 PM) *
I don't care how ugly you are... owning one of these increases you chances of getting some action three to ten-fold... that makes it cool.

Ehh not really.

It's perhaps of the most boring BMW's out there. I see so many 3 series on the streets, that I've gotten fed up of them. In terms of getting action with this car...what makes it so special? Does a girl care how well it drives; I don't think so. Being a BMW doesn't help either since the exclusivity of BMW no longer exists. The interior is a dreary place to be and in terms of design, it's not flamboyant, or cool for that matter...if not worse than the 3 sedan. For an average person, it's just like any other beemer out there...
mung35
BMW is in an upper echelon along with M-B, perhaps Lexus, and in rare cases Audi and Acura.

So, while it's not in the Lotus, Porsche standard of cool.. it does help rather than being in a Honda?

We see cars in a much different fashion than some men and most women (yes, there are few educated ones [who are much hotter because of it, IMO wink.gif] that do know their stuff) and respect them otherwise.

If the badge on this car up front was a Toyota... it would lose any shred of coolness and if the badge up front said Ferrari, it would gain coolness...

Any by no means is a 3-series exclusive but there are a lot less of them than your average Camry or Accord. As for your quote:

For an average person, it's just like any other beemer out there...

Wouldn't that elevate the coolness of the 3-series if all BMW's were just as cool? I think it's a given that society respects the BMW name than a lot of the others.
Tony Two Shoes
I just voted... I think it's a hanging chad.
Fox
boooo at least post good pix.

the Vivid Racing 335i
We added Volk TE37 Mag Blue 19" wheels. The stickys are Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires in a staggard fitment. The front tires are 235/35/19 and the rears are 265/30/19.

http://www.myvividracing.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=102

A Few more:
White w/gold rims [pic]
mung35
I think we're voting on the stock/OEM versions.
clarkma5
BBS RGRs do look excellent on that car. Funny, I was just wondering about that combo a couple days ago.
eighteenseconds
I've always been torn on this car. After sitting in one and playing around, it was really a nice place to be. I love the look at certain angles, but at others it appears fat and bloated and boring. I'd buy one if it didn't cost exactly as much as my current car and at least had some more distinctive exterior features.
b0mb3r
Volk and BBS RGR wheels drool3.gif (wish i could afford them)
CarDesigner'09
I think the previous 3 series coupe was nice lookin, this one not so much. thumbs_down.gif
moe
It's cool, not frozen. Everytime I see it on the street I think "Damn, that's a badass car." Thing is, it's very color, and rim-sensitive like most modern Bimmers, add that to the fact that the shape will probably date quickly, and it just can't be frozen.
whitelockben
If it were a 335d?

A totally different story

but its not!
GTR
335i isn't bad, I'd give it a Cool
And I like how it's more streamlined than the other 3-series.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.