Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bentley Speed-8
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
GTR
HISTORY
The Bentley Speed 8 [previously known as the Bentley EXP Speed 8], was an LMP Race Car that competed in the Le Mans Series from 2001-2003, taking first place in 2003. It has a strong resemblance to and shares almost the same technology with the Audi R8. The Speed 8 marked Bentley's return to racing after a 73 year absence.

TECHNICAL SPECS
The most developed version of the Bentley Speed 8 was powered by a 4.0-liter V-8 producing 600 hp, mated to a 6-speed manual transmission giving it a top speed of 215 mph (344 km/h). The car weighed 900 kg (1984 lb) in line with the minimum weight mandated for the LM GTP class of the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Category -LMGTP
Constructor -Bentley Motors Limited
Designer -Peter Elleray
Chassis -Carbon fiber and aluminum honeycomb monocoque, carbon roll hoop integrated with roof structure
Suspension (front) -Independent double wishbones, pushrods, torsion bar, telescopic dampers
Suspension (rear) -Independent double wishbones, pushrods, torsion bar, telescopic dampers
Engine -Audi 4.0 liter 90-degree V8 twin-turbo, mid-engine, longitudinally mounted
Transmission -Bentley X-trac 6-speed sequential manual with Megaline pneumatic actuation
Tires -Michelin Radial
Phix
Besides solely existing as a form of brand advertising I give it a frozen. It's a bloody proper race car.
nismo
Uhh... do race cars count for the cool wall?
ExoticTuner
Revived an old Le Mans competitor, so frozen from me
GTR
QUOTE(nismo @ May 19 2007, 01:08 PM) *
Uhh... do race cars count for the cool wall?

Yeah... Dedicated Factory Race Cars count for the cool wall.
WardLarson
thanks week-old member for telling us how the forum works.
350Z
What vehicles are allowed to be posted in the Cool Wall? Examples in Italics.
Production cars, trucks or SUVs from any country or year. Ligier JS4, Volkswagen Thing, Audi RS4, Mazda REPU, Mercedes Benz Unimog, Ford Model A
Performance cars are to be posted in seperate polls if there are significant differences from the base model. Dodge Neon and Dodge Srt-4, Buick Regal and Buick GNX, Audi A4 and Audi RS4 would all be seperate polls.
Cars with significant differences between generations should be posted in seperate generations. First Generation Chevrolet Camaro and Third Generation Camaro
Tuner cars from well known companies that are available for public sale. Brabus, Lingenfelter, TechArt
Kit cars if they were or are currently available for sale. Ariel Atom, Factory Five Racing GTM
Concept cars if they were not put into production but were running and drivable. 1973 Rotary-powered Corvette, Ford GT90, Chrysler ME-412
User's Rides if they are significantly modified from stock. Any and all modified cars owned by a DS user.
Dedicated Factory Racecars. Porsche 917, Subaru STi WRC

There you go he just took a look in the rules, so stop being a dick Ward.
WardLarson
350Z get your head out of your ass and try re-reading my post. I was saying thanks to GTR for showing us how it works while at the same time showing the ignorance of the people that have been around a long time that didn't even know the rules.

so stop being a dick, 350Z.
350Z
No you wern't you were giving him shit just like you tried to do in your stupid new members thread.
WardLarson
Never said anything about GTR in my stupid new members thread. Re-read that too.
350Z
Fine fine.
GTR
whoa whoa relaxx
I just want a friendly poll.. no arguing..
doesn't matter anyway.. I bet the Speed 8 poll is gonna close if this gets out of hand.
head.gif
350Z
Quiet boy, this doesn't concern you.
GTR
dry.gif
Just tell someone to shut up and let this poll continue in a friendly manner.
Marien
QUOTE(GTR @ May 21 2007, 12:47 AM) *
dry.gif
Just tell someone to shut up and let this poll continue in a friendly manner.

bitchfight.gif

Anyway, on topic!
I really love almost any racing car in British Racing Green, and winning Le Mans is also a definite plus. But because it actually is 'just' an Audi I'll go for just Cool
WardLarson
QUOTE(350Z @ May 20 2007, 03:46 PM) *
Quiet boy, this doesn't concern you.

LOL

Marien that emoticon is great as well.
GTR
whoa whoa whoa..
who voted disgustingly uncool on this one
350Z
I did, I don't think race cars can be cool.
GTR
dry.gif I don't think people will agree on that.. if they're talking about this one. not Disgusting, at least
350Z
Am I not entitled to have a different opinion to you?
GTR
yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. I'm just assuming that people might or might not vote, judging by the current results
DB9
Frozen.
Tony Two Shoes
QUOTE(350Z @ May 20 2007, 07:35 PM) *
Am I not entitled to have a different opinion to you?

QUOTE(GTR @ May 20 2007, 07:38 PM) *
yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. I'm just assuming that people might or might not vote, judging by the current results

Opinions are like assholes...
nismo
QUOTE(WardLarson @ May 20 2007, 01:24 PM) *
350Z get your head out of your ass and try re-reading my post. I was saying thanks to GTR for showing us how it works while at the same time showing the ignorance of the people that have been around a long time that didn't even know the rules.

so stop being a dick, 350Z.

Uhh, I simply asked. I didn't say anything rude. I didn't know, and I never frequent this forum, so I asked. Get over yourself.
darinzon
QUOTE(350Z @ May 20 2007, 08:28 PM) *
I did, I don't think race cars can be cool.

Explain yourself. Now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.