Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mazdaspeed3
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
Pages: 1, 2
mung35
Yeah, drove one today. Fell completely in love with it. Searched for it and didn't find it on the Cool Wall. Hence, I'm adding it.

Engine: 2.3L
* 263hp @ 5500RPM
* 280 ft-lbs. @ 3000RPM
Drivetrain: FWD
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Curb Weight: 3153 lbs.
MSRP: $22,340 - $24,055

trail_boss2
Frozen, this is the car I plan to buy towards the start of winter after I am finished with medic school.
anubis
When on earth are they going to do a bloody 3 door! That car would look so much sportier and nicer if it was a 3 door! Still a good looking car would be nice too see a 3 door though! Definately one of the nicest looking 5 doors!
redlinehappiness
It's awesome, especially for the price. Mazda has a hit here.
eighteenseconds
As much as I hate to say it..I can admit it's cool, I just do not like it one bit. Sorta like the Miata. Why wrap such a good package in such a boring exterior? :<

I know I know..the whole general public not liking super modern concepty designs, but still..doesn't look as slick as it should.
clarkma5
Uncool. I'm normally not one to say something like "this has too much power for a front wheel drive car"...but, this has too much power for a front wheel drive car. The idea that they cranked up the power so much that they had to limit torque in the lower gears offends me, BECAUSE in order to get that much power they ended up with an engine that's got the world's fattest midrange, but is soft on the bottom and runs out of steam well before redline, not to mention notable turbo lag, which hurts response. So basically what they did is that they ruined a good engine by giving it so much power that it upsets the chassis, and then artificially restrained it. Bad Mazda!
mung35
I'm hard pressed to find any contender for this car at it's price.
clarkma5
I'll take a WRX over it, even if it's slower. It's a nicer overall package. But before either of those choices, I'll stick to my GTI.
moe
It's uncool I guess, though I voted cool (someone change that please). It's still just a tarted up econobox, and lately I've been thinking less and less of cars like that, with the exception of the GTi and the Cooper S. The GTi has real heritage, and the Cooper S...well it's just damned cool
clarkma5
QUOTE(moethepaki @ May 7 2007, 02:48 AM) *
It's uncool I guess, though I voted cool (someone change that please).

Changed for ya
dukenukem
-s
Way too much power for the front wheels to handle
Kinda boring looking

+sEnough power to entertain you
Just boring enough to keep the yuppies flocking to the GTi
Very very attractive and comfortable interior

Overall its cool.
Mitlov
Necessary or not, limiting engine power in the first two gears is not cool. For me, that bumps an otherwise frozen car down to cool.
b0mb3r
QUOTE(mung35 @ May 6 2007, 10:07 PM) *
I'm hard pressed to find any contender for this car at it's price.

Actually due to the reasons that you have explained above, WRX is quicker; from 0 to 60. WRX gets spanked at high speeds.

And for that it is uncool. In all the comparisons, MS3 gets picked over GTI but many editors say the GTI is a better car happy2.gif
Mitlov
QUOTE(b0mb3r @ May 9 2007, 08:45 PM) *
In all the comparisons, MS3 gets picked over GTI but many editors say the GTI is a better car happy2.gif

Better /= cooler.
b0mb3r
QUOTE(Mitlov @ May 9 2007, 07:52 PM) *
Better /= cooler.

correct, I voted uncool because of the first 2 gear problem keke.gif
mung35
QUOTE(b0mb3r @ May 9 2007, 08:58 PM) *
correct, I voted uncool because of the first 2 gear problem keke.gif

When I drove it, I really didn't see the need to ever come down to those gears. Third had enough power for everything. Even under engine braking, second was not even worth going to...

Granted from a stand still you will need the lower gears... but I suspect third should be just fine for all the heavy duty acceleration.
Jordan
Have any of you even driven a Mazdaspeed3? Or are you just regurgitating what you read in Road&Track and spitting out Jeremy Clarksons cum after he fucked all of your mouths?
trail_boss2
QUOTE(Jordan @ May 10 2007, 09:51 PM) *
Have any of you even driven a Mazdaspeed3? Or are you just regurgitating what you read in Road&Track and spitting out Jeremy Clarksons cum after he fucked all of your mouths?

Most likely the second option.
Phix
QUOTE(Jordan @ May 10 2007, 09:51 PM) *

Excuse me?

Wow, this is pretty fucking hypocritical coming from you... considering what you said in the Volvo C30 thread in the cool wall...

Have you driven one? With the sport suspension at least, and the T5 AWD they are fast and fun as hell.

http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?...st&p=336801

At least the Mazdaspeed3 is out while you go off jerking off about the C30 and speculating about it with your own idea of what the car will be like.... asshole. But, hey, I guess you're just spitting out all the Volvo fanboyism jizz in your mouth.
Cyclone
What a douchefag.
mung35
QUOTE(Jordan @ May 10 2007, 06:51 PM) *

I completely agree. When you're driving the MS3, you don't notice any of those things. You're wondering how the hell you're already doing 90 and where a cop could hide.
Mitlov
QUOTE(Jordan @ May 10 2007, 06:51 PM) *

I've never seen Top Gear and I don't read R&T. I read C&D, which ranked the MS3 top out of five sports compacts last month. It's an incredibly GOOD car, no doubt. But there's something inherently uncool about a car that limits its power to make itself more controllable, even if the overall effect on handling and performance is good.
Jordan
Yep. I didnt pick it apart. I said it should be a fun car. If saying that a fun car is fun to drive is being a fanboy then everyone that has ever wanted to have fun while they drive is a fan boy. None of you guys are some highly experienced car testers. You cant rate somthing because it isnt as pure as a fucking Carerra GT or somthing. The Mazdaspeed3 is a fucking great car for what it is. a 30,000 dollar fucking sports sedan.

"welll hmmm its not as cool cause blah blah torque this and that" maybe if you fuck ass queers actually went out and WORKED on a fucking car, and could possibly shed some technical light onto why what they did is pointless or not needed i'd give you a shred of respect. but you fuckheads sit at your computer all day on a CAR forum and do fucking NOTHING that deals with cars. oh ok, so clark put a shortshifter in his car. yeehaaa. well look at you. you OBVIOUSLY know what you are talking about when it comes to every aspect of cars. get out there and experience cars. you dont know SHIT and will never because you are too much of pussies to work on a car yourself and actually KNOW what you are t alking about. numbers just pour out of your fucking mouth. 267 horsepower this, "i'll stick to my GTI"... fuck off! you'll stick to your GTI cause you can't afford anything else. so you'l just cover it up and act like its the greatest car in the world. I would be suprised if you've ever worked on a car for more than two days collectively. i bet your hands are so fuckign soft from all the lotion you use to jack off to your fucking GTI that a tool would rip your little hands to shreds.
ANYBODY can look at cars online, look at the specs and say the stupid, blanket statments you pussies say.

god damn. you guys are the biggest group of posers i've ever SEEN!. you dont do anything!

Mitlov. I never meant to include you in this. you dont suck.

Cylcone. You are a fucking nerd. you will die alone because you are a creep.
White RSX
Idiocy: Its whats for dinner.
clarkma5
...I'll stick to my GTI because for the price it's a great, cohesive machine to drive that acquits itself in a wide variety of driving scenarios which I personally find myself in. I never said it was the best car money no object, nor was that meant to be inferred. Part of the reason I would stick to my GTI is that, for the extra money, I don't consider the MS3 to be sufficiently better. Does that make you happier?

Jordan, you may work on cars but you're ill-equipped to discuss the theory behind their operation, at least relative to others on this forum. In any case, cool is a matter of principle first and practice second, so I suggest you calm down and learn to take other opinions with a grain of salt. Goodness knows I down a teaspoon when you talk.
Jordan
QUOTE(White RSX @ May 10 2007, 09:23 PM) *
Idiocy: Its whats for dinner.

Good one you fucking dipshit. Great retort. I am so glad you sat there for 5 minutes and went with the short and snide remark. Next time, take that time to pull your own cock out of your own ass instead. You'll feel better AND i wont have to read what your shitty personality thinks is funny.
clarkma5
Jordan has clearly replied to WRSX's snide remark with maturity and respect, and without resorting to anything profane or childish. WRSX, I demand you apologize to Jordan for the injustice you have dealt him immediately!
White RSX
Nice moves! Next time just hit the X in the corner of the screen and all these mean people on the internet will go away.
Jordan
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ May 10 2007, 09:27 PM) *
...I'll stick to my GTI because for the price it's a great, cohesive machine to drive that acquits itself in a wide variety of driving scenarios which I personally find myself in. I never said it was the best car money no object, nor was that meant to be inferred. Part of the reason I would stick to my GTI is that, for the extra money, I don't consider the MS3 to be sufficiently better. Does that make you happier?

Jordan, you may work on cars but you're ill-equipped to discuss the theory behind their operation, at least relative to others on this forum. In any case, cool is a matter of principle first and practice second, so I suggest you calm down and learn to take other opinions with a grain of salt. Goodness knows I down a teaspoon when you talk.

You are SUCH A TOOL! Who are you? A nobody. you waste your time on fucking dieselstation a nameless forum online blabbing about cars you'll never drive for what? I am learning the shit you guys act like you know what you are talking about. you are a FAKE. you're a loser! you're a nobody who thinks you know it all. WHO ARE YOU?
clarkma5
Umm...who are you? Arguing with a tool on the internet who claims he knows it all but knows nothing...why don't you go work on something, increasing your already massive knowledge base?
White RSX
And who might I ask are you?

Perhaps you should step back and assess this situation more clearly before you find yourself in a pit of snakes.
Jordan
haha. who am i? someone who is bored as fuck and wanted to stir your weak little ego up. look at that! you can stop pacing around your computer room "my name is clarkma5! my name is clarkma5. MY NAME IS CLARKMA5"

btw, i never said i had a massive knowledge base. i just have the balls to actually do somthing with my life instead of waste it acting like i am the shit. people laugh at people like you when you leave the room.
White RSX
And suddenly this has transferred into a conversation about life? Honestly, come back when you age a couple years, I'm pretty sure a nine year old can tread this ground better.
clarkma5
...you've got a really warped perception of me.
one
OMG THE TENSION IN THE AIR
Jordan
Boy you guys sure scared me straight.

Hahaha. pit of snakes? how can somthing that i dont care about effect me as a "pit of snakes" would?

I love how much you guys suck. Its great. Truly great. Well maybe i'll check in on you guys in 10 years just to make sure you haven't done anything productive. I dont think i'll be surpised.
clarkma5
Because the only acceptable definition for productivity is to fix cars. God forbid I do something like, ya know, get my engineering degree or something.
one
QUOTE(Jordan @ May 10 2007, 08:48 PM) *
Boy you guys sure scared me straight.

Hahaha. pit of snakes? how can somthing that i dont care about effect me as a "pit of snakes" would?

I love how much you guys suck. Its great. Truly great. Well maybe i'll check in on you guys in 10 years just to make sure you haven't done anything productive. I dont think i'll be surpised.

dude. just calm down.

like, i don't have any beef with you or anything, but dude...just calm down. props that you can work on your car, but some people just like to keep their cars stock.
White RSX
Jordan, I will state this plainly.

There will be no colorful language, and no fun wording for you to try to read into.

I have worked on more cars than you will in a lifetime. These cars win shows at that! I've sanded body panels for days, my hands are calloused to the point where a screwdriver will fit right in. For 19 years I've been around cars, and for at least 10 I've had a hand in working on them. I rebuilt my own car, I help with friends' cars. More importantly than all of that though...I'm not a douche about it.
clarkma5
Hi one! wave.gif

QUOTE(White RSX @ May 10 2007, 09:53 PM) *
More importantly than all of that though...I'm not a douche about it.

It's true. Though he's a douche about other things tongue.gif
Jordan
i am not talking about just working on cars.

who am i to judge everything in the world against working on cars. my car is stock as balls.

but these guys bable about cars all the time like they have some fantastical experience. but they dont. they are fakes blowing smoke up eachothers ass. if they spent even one day in the environment they claim to knwo so much about, they'd soon realized that its not about what you read, or what someone told you. its about what you know how to do, and what you've done. a bunch of fakes. their precious little egos are so false and weak that its a shame that they shelter themselves online instead of getting out and experiencing life, not just cars.
White RSX
Who are you to judge anyone in the world besides yourself?

Again, step back and look at what you're saying, you might find that there's quite a bit of hypocracy in there.
one
QUOTE(Jordan @ May 10 2007, 08:56 PM) *
i am not talking about just working on cars.

who am i to judge everything in the world against working on cars. my car is stock as balls.

but these guys bable about cars all the time like they have some fantastical experience. but they dont. they are fakes blowing smoke up eachothers ass. if they spent even one day in the environment they claim to knwo so much about, they'd soon realized that its not about what you read, or what someone told you. its about what you know how to do, and what you've done. a bunch of fakes. their precious little egos are so false and weak that its a shame that they shelter themselves online instead of getting out and experiencing life, not just cars.

okay well. i don't know if you still do drugs, but is getting high and then going to watch a laser floyd show something that needs to be experienced in life? must we all work on cars and spend time with them if we want to have an intelligent conversation about them?

i don't know dude. who are you to judge? what's experiencing life to you?
Jordan
QUOTE(White RSX @ May 10 2007, 09:53 PM) *
Jordan, I will state this plainly.

There will be no colorful language, and no fun wording for you to try to read into.

I have worked on more cars than you will in a lifetime. These cars win shows at that! I've sanded body panels for days, my hands are calloused to the point where a screwdriver will fit right in. For 19 years I've been around cars, and for at least 10 I've had a hand in working on them. I rebuilt my own car, I help with friends' cars. More importantly than all of that though...I'm not a douche about it.

i dunno if you've noticed, buuuuuuuuuuut i havent said one thing about. every specific example is directed at clark. because i think he is a loser and a poser.

i dont really want to turn this into a pissing match about who has worked on cars more. but fucking guys that talk the talk but haven't even crawled the walk piss me off.

and i am bored from math homework and thought i'd fuckin stir it up at the least substantial forum i can think of.
clarkma5
...I'm sorry to say that I have not extensively driven every single car I have some sort of opinion on, no. I have, however, driven quite a few cars and seek out both technical facts as well as varied opinions to fill in the gaps of my knowledge, and I don't feel I ever claim to speak absolute truth about anything. Can you honestly say you do better than that?

The problem, Jordan, with claiming everyone's an idiot is that you put yourself in a position where you have to step up and prove yourself superior to them. I'm guessing you're not really capable of doing that. Which is true of EVERYONE, it's just that the rest of us don't run our mouths like you do, avoiding the problem entirely.
one
QUOTE(Jordan @ May 10 2007, 08:59 PM) *
i dunno if you've noticed, buuuuuuuuuuut i havent said one thing about. every specific example is directed at clark. because i think he is a loser and a poser.
i dont really want to turn this into a pissing match about who has worked on cars more. but fucking guys that talk the talk but haven't even crawled the walk piss me off.

and i am bored from math homework and thought i'd fuckin stir it up at the least substantial forum i can think of.

www.4chan.org
White RSX
Least substantial? Even if they can't walk the walk you don't have to watch them stumble crawling. Only their knowledge gets posted, you asked quite a few questions back in the day and Clark helped you out. Biting the hand that feeds are we?
dukenukem
Raise your hand if you would pass a drugs screen test right this very instant.

*Raises hand*
clarkma5
QUOTE(dukenukem @ May 10 2007, 10:07 PM) *
Raise your hand if you would pass a drugs screen test right this very instant.

*Raises hand*

...does alcohol pass?
dukenukem
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ May 11 2007, 12:17 AM) *
...does alcohol pass?

Drug screens dont check for alcohol thumbs_up.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.