Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dodge Charger convertible
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Car Sightings
Diesel
saw this on my way to work this morning. probably a custom job.. but it sure looked like it was done right.

Phix
Looks incredibly awkward. :/
clarkma5
That does not look like it was "done right" AT ALL.
Cyclone
If by "done right" you mean "Looks like someone just put a canvas on top of the already existing roof" then you are right.
Diesel
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Mar 9 2007, 10:12 PM) *
If by "done right" you mean "Looks like someone just put a canvas on top of the already existing roof" then you are right.

look at it carefully. you can see the support bars running across the canvas. as well as the chopped rear behind the windows, as well as the smaller "convertible'ish" rear window
clarkma5
QUOTE(Diesel @ Mar 9 2007, 10:57 PM) *
look at it carefully. you can see the support bars running across the canvas. as well as the chopped rear behind the windows, as well as the smaller "convertible'ish" rear window

You mean...the things that make a convertible top function? Yeah, I'd imagine that most things are made out of their constituent parts.

I suppose diesel's idea of a bad convertible conversion is feathers glued to twigs.
Synesthesia
Looks like poo. It's so sad how uncool this car is as compared to the original charger...
aenox
ugly top + ugly rims = sick.gif
Megadeus
Geez, like the Charger isn't ugly enough as is. tongue_crossed-eyes.gif

Looks like it's built by Newport Convertible Engineering. Check out the gallery, especially the Escalade and Excursion convertibles. head.gif
Phix
Cue Diesel posting "You guys are all assholes who bitch and complain about everything. This is clearly an automotive masterpiece with exquisite engineering which rivals that of manufacturers who make convertibles straight from the factory. Clearly, I'm the only one with my head screwed on straight."
BombedMonkey
I think Diesel ment its good for what it is... doing a convertible modification can't be too easy (Its a four door too).

I know it doesn't look OEM, but it probably looks a lot better with the roof down too.
krazykohla
Looks more like a hairdo than a convertible top...
Diesel
QUOTE(BombedMonkey @ Mar 11 2007, 02:17 AM) *
I think Diesel ment its good for what it is... doing a convertible modification can't be too easy (Its a four door too).

I know it doesn't look OEM, but it probably looks a lot better with the roof down too.

that's exactly what i meant. it doesn't look like a hack job, and looks like it was done correctly. but whether it should have been done in the first place is another issue. damn ugly.
RockStaRRR
THEY SHAOULDA NEVER GAVE YOU N****RS MONEY!!! [/Dave Chappelle]
fiber optic
QUOTE(RockStaRRR @ Apr 3 2007, 02:37 PM) *
THEY SHAOULDA NEVER GAVE YOU N****RS MONEY!!! [/Dave Chappelle]

Dude, wacky Wednesday is not until tomorrow.
WardLarson
the car's color fucked it up... i think it would be better with the top down.
Tony Two Shoes
QUOTE(Megadeus @ Mar 11 2007, 01:21 AM) *

Looks like it's built by Newport Convertible Engineering. Check out the gallery, especially the Escalade and Excursion convertibles. head.gif

WTF? I wouldn't let those wackos touch my Nissan. And people are letting them hack-up Astons, Ferraris, NSXs, etc...
Asher
What a coincidence! I saw a 300C convertible yesterday. It flew by in the other lane with the top down, though.
Mazdaspeed

ill side with diesel on this one in that they good conversions...
PAULIE_D
IMHO, 4-door convertibles are totaly pointless. Not to mention they look rather awkward too.
White RSX
Rivets partially on the outside and partially on the inside are incredibly tacky, but I guess that's the only way that would work with four seats and four doors.
slip
from the same tards who brought you a rolls royce pick up

i'll admit their stuff looks well done, but really.... why?
nsx_23
Well, I've seen someone turn an old jag into a pick-up, but a rolls-royce?

I suppose rednecks appreciate the soft ride of the roller, but need the luggage space to carry all their beer and shotguns............
moe
I'll be impressed if they cut it down and turn it into a coupe.
Renesis
QUOTE(Megadeus @ Mar 11 2007, 02:21 AM) *

their SUV's look quite good actually

but as for cars, thumbs_down.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.