Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jaguar E-Type
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Car Sightings
Uwe
V12 brit power which I saw today. drool3.gif

Phix
Wow, they made automatics back then? :O

(Yes, I know automatics were invented in the late '40s/early '50s. Shut up.)
slip
what a sexy car, i love that body.

the grill is hideous compared to the one of the early models
Marien
Why does it have a red rear numberplate? Aren't German plates white with black numbers/letters at the front and back? It looks Belgian this way tongue.gif
Phix
Isn't that a EU standardized plate?
Uwe
QUOTE(Marien @ Mar 4 2007, 10:08 PM) *
Why does it have a red rear numberplate? Aren't German plates white with black numbers/letters at the front and back? It looks Belgian this way tongue.gif

You are right with german plates having black characters. But this is a so-called 07 number which is reserved for historic cars with a minimum age of 30 years. They have red characters.

And yes, being called a belgian driver is a bad insult even here. wink.gif
Uwe
QUOTE(Phix @ Mar 4 2007, 10:57 PM) *
Isn't that a EU standardized plate?

The EU standardization is restricted to the blue sidebar carrying the national sign. Every country can choose how the rest of the number plate can look like. Even though more and more countries are switching to black characters on white. Apart from the Dutchies. wink.gif
UserDrew
My late grandfather had one of these bad boys in the early 80s. I never saw it first hand but I am told it was a green color or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.