Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 964 RS or Turbo S?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
leif
The thread on the cool wall got me thinking, would you rather have a 964 RS or a 964 Turbo S?

Is more power always better?

(words from Wiki)

In 1992, Porsche produced a super-lightweight, rear-wheel-drive only version of the 964 dubbed Carrera RS for the European market. It was based on Porsche's 911 "Carrera Cup" race car and harkened back to the 2.8 and 3.0 RS and RSR models. It featured a revised version of the standard engine, titled M64/03 internally, with an increased power output of 260 bhp (191 kW). A track-oriented suspension system with 40 mm lower ride height, a stripped-out interior that devoid of power windows or seats, rear seats, air conditioning, sound deadening or a stereo system and new racing-bucket front seats were part of the package. The trunk hood was made of aluminium. Available were a heavier Touring variant (with sound deadening, undercarriage protection and power windows) and a N/GT racing variant with a stripped, blank metal interior and a roll cage.

(words from the cool wall)

The 964 Turbo 3300, with all the necessary modifications to be used in competitions, in 1991 won the IMSA Supercar Championship against the Chevy Corvette and the Nissan ZX, thanks to Hurley Haywood. This racing version of the 964 Turbo 3300 has taken to the built of a laboratory-car, presented at the 1992 Geneva Motor Show with the name "911 Turbo S". But there was so much interest for this car, that the Porsche Factory decided to make a limited production run of it (80 cars). With a dry weight of 1290 kilos, the 911 Turbo S is at least 180 kilos less than its production counterpart; It went on a weight reducing exercise much like that of the Carrera RS, racing seats, no eletric windows, central locking, reduced soundproofing and rear seat and doors opened from the inside by a simple pull strap. Further weight is trimmed by using ultra-light Kevral doors, bonnet, engine cover and rear wing, and there is no underbody protection.
marcos_eirik
With money no object it would clarely be the Turbo S, though it is significantly more expensive than the normal RS. There is also a wide body, homologation special of the RS, it's called the RS 3,8, recogniseable by it's big bi-plane rear wing (Big picture 1, big picture 2) Had it been that, then the choice would have been a lot more difficult, but the standard 964 RS is just not up to the Turbo S. The RS with it's naturally aspirated engine is perhaps the more driver-friendly car, compared to the horsekick power-delivery of the Turbo S, however being able to master the Turbo S' power should be a thrill in itself I believe.
clarkma5
leif please stop being such a porsche fanboy, it's obnoxious. I hate the idea of my favorite brand being polluted with the likes of you.
350Z
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 4 2007, 02:36 PM) *
leif please stop being such a porsche fanboy, it's obnoxious. I hate the idea of my favorite brand being polluted with the likes of you.

That was awesome.
leif
sorry clark, you gotta share it with me...
clarkma5
Porsche fans accept no substitute for intelligence, leif, even blind fanboyism.
leif
Grow up clark...its getting old.
trail_boss2
QUOTE(leif @ Mar 5 2007, 08:53 AM) *
Grow up clark...its getting old.

I think you just need to accept the fact that no one here likes you and go away.

edit: I think the following quote from another thread pretty much sums it up leif, you are annoying, obnoxious, borderline retarded and to be honest you are pretty fucking ugly (plutonic). I think you need to sit back and take a look at yourself when you A - Cant even get along with people on the internet because you are so obnoxious you can even annoy the piss out of people thousands of miles away, and B - I am going to assume that you have no real friends to talk to since you resort to talking to your wifes husbands about cars instead or your own group of friends. Its not bothering me if you stick around so much that it will affect my life outside of this little computer but holy shit leif the fact that this has been going on for some months now and you still dont fucking get it just blows my mind.

QUOTE(leif @ Mar 4 2007, 11:31 AM) *
As well as being full of ppl who know their shit, the range of info is also really diverse...much better than talking to Jen's friends husbands about cars...
leif
TB, I'll help you get it.

There are a lot of people on DS I enjoy; there are others I couldn't care less about. Dakian, WRSX and you are in the second group...unfortunately Clarkma is entering that group; he used to be a really cool guy. The plusses of DS far outweigh the negatives created by people like you.

My IRL friends couldn't give a shit about the cars I like...and Jen's friends husbands are a different kind of car enthusiast all together. I have mechanic friends who like the kinds of cars I do, but I rarely get to see them these days on account of how much time I spend at the University.

If you don't like me, thatís fine...it doesn't bother me one bit...but quit being a pain in the ass and pointing out the obvious...just put me on ignore and be done with it. I would prefer that to this obnoxious immature interruption of my threads.
clarkma5
Leif, we don't care what you get out of it, you're annoying the rest of us.

Sadly ignore on the forums doesn't work too well. It doesn't remove you from the conversation properly like it does in IRC. It merely replaces your words with a link that you feel compelled to click so you can read the train wreck of words that it hides.
eighteenseconds
All this pussy-ass whining and bitching is far worse than Leif's threads.
White RSX
Rofl, I like how leif posts about Dakian and I when we didn't even say anything.

That all you've got?
Cyclone
WOW COULD THIS THREAD GET ANY MORE FUCKING CHILDISH!?

QUOTE(eighteenseconds @ Mar 5 2007, 07:15 PM) *
All this pussy-ass whining and bitching is far worse than Leif's threads.

Totally agreed.

OH NO CLARKMA MIGHT BAN ME NEXT
krazykohla
Hmmm...

Porsche 964 Turbo S
And I have no problem with Leif.
Phix
QUOTE(krazykohla @ Mar 11 2007, 08:05 PM) *
Hmmm...

Porsche 964 Turbo S
And I have no problem with Leif.

It doesn't matter anymore since he's banned and gone for good so now lets all move on.... to our next target.
speedyK
There is another option: Get a 964RS that Ruf have converted to turbo power.

911s don't really do anything for me, but my mate has one of the above. In the following video title it says 420bhp. it has been measured since then and is actually 437bhp.

Put it this way, on the straights I can't keep up...

>Chasing Ruf 964RS Turbo<
slip
QUOTE(speedyK @ Mar 13 2007, 03:04 PM) *
There is another option: Get a 964RS that Ruf have converted to turbo power.

911s don't really do anything for me, but my mate has one of the above. In the following video title it says 420bhp. it has been measured since then and is actually 437bhp.

Put it this way, on the straights I can't keep up...

>Chasing Ruf 964RS Turbo<

love the vids, watched a few
one
Complete bitch move. If leif pisses you off, ignore him. Seriously, I didn't expect clarkma to act like an asshole. It was great how he just completely attacked leif when he clearly has done nothing.

AGAIN, complete bitch move on clarkma's/trailboss' side.
Phix
QUOTE(one @ Mar 14 2007, 01:54 AM) *
Complete bitch move. If leif pisses you off, ignore him. Seriously, I didn't expect clarkma to act like an asshole. It was great how he just completely attacked leif when he clearly has done nothing.

AGAIN, complete bitch move on clarkma's/trailboss' side.

Welcome to DieselStation.

Leave any sort of logic at the door. Thank you.
dukenukem
As they say, if the admin wants to screw you .. well just make sure he is wearing a condom tongue.gif
Windshield
I didn't find anything annoying about leif. Other than his inability to type coherently.

QUOTE(clarkma)
leif please stop being such a porsche fanboy

^^^ I find this reply weird, It doesn't seem to me that leif gave an opinion in this thread. (About Porsche)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.