Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
BombedMonkey
Asher
I like the pickup-towing-a-big-ass-trailer-like mirrors.
BombedMonkey
The mirrors are stock, however they're usualy black. smile.gif
Phix
QUOTE(Asher @ Feb 22 2007, 05:38 PM) *
I like the pickup-towing-a-big-ass-trailer-like mirrors.

Yeah, uh, mirrors are stock like BombedMonkey mentioned not to mention they're huge like that because you can't see ANYTHING OUT THE BACK. I'm surprised you've never noticed it. It's the same on the Murcielago coupe, too.

Anyway, this car is absolutely hideous in that colour and those awful, awful wheels.
BombedMonkey
I really like it.... its such an attention grabber.

Heres another picture...
Asher
QUOTE(BombedMonkey @ Feb 22 2007, 05:52 PM) *
The mirrors are stock, however they're usualy black. smile.gif

QUOTE(Phix @ Feb 22 2007, 05:56 PM) *
Yeah, uh, mirrors are stock like BombedMonkey mentioned not to mention they're huge like that because you can't see ANYTHING OUT THE BACK. I'm surprised you've never noticed it. It's the same on the Murcielago coupe, too.

Eh...never noticed them before. And the orange is kinda nasty, same as the F430.
slip
I like.

Lambo's are all about showing off and being noticed anyhow, I think orange is perfect for it.
Phix
QUOTE(BombedMonkey @ Feb 22 2007, 06:11 PM) *
I really like it.... its such an attention grabber.

lol, what?

And a stock Murcielago roadster isn't? If you drive a Murc Roadster and you still feel like it doesn't grab attention like this ugly ass orange one then you might have an attention whore complex.
BombedMonkey
QUOTE(Phix @ Feb 22 2007, 05:36 PM) *
lol, what?

And a stock Murcielago roadster isn't? If you drive a Murc Roadster and you still feel like it doesn't grab attention like this ugly ass orange one then you might have an attention whore complex.

I'm just saying, with the bright orange, you'd be able to see it from a mile away.

Heres a stealth version. rishi.gif
darinzon
Wow. I used to think black wheels looked good. Not anymore.
hexagone
I sincerely love (some) cars that have body-color matched wheels.

This is one example, and I think the car looks dope.

Things I'd do without however: The body colored mirrors, and the orange trapezoid under the headlamps. Leave those as they are stock. But the wheels are tehhh secks
Phix
QUOTE(hexagone @ Feb 23 2007, 01:26 PM) *
I sincerely love (some) cars that have body-color matched wheels.
This is one example, and I think the car looks dope.

Things I'd do without however: The body colored mirrors, and the orange trapezoid under the headlamps. Leave those as they are stock. But the wheels are tehhh secks

You used the word 'dope' to describe the car.

That completely invalidates your opinion on it and any future opinions on things you may have in the future regarding anything else.
eighteenseconds
with the exception of the orange on the wheels, it's fucking badass, even for a stupid convertible.
Mazdaspeed
is it me or do ALL lamborghini owners have the wheels painted to match body color?
BombedMonkey
QUOTE(Mazdaspeed @ Feb 23 2007, 02:04 PM) *
is it me or do ALL lamborghini owners have the wheels painted to match body color?

Funny you mention, my buddy has a Gold Diablo 6.0 SE(1 of 20 gold SEs in the world), and hes about to paint the wheels the same color of the car. I'll post up pictures when he does. thumbs_up.gif
slip
QUOTE(BombedMonkey @ Feb 23 2007, 04:38 PM) *
Funny you mention, my buddy has a Gold Diablo 6.0 SE(1 of 20 gold SEs in the world), and hes about to paint the wheels the same color of the car. I'll post up pictures when he does. thumbs_up.gif

Can't wait.
Some friends you have, just out of curiousity, what do you have in your own garage?
BombedMonkey
QUOTE(slip @ Feb 23 2007, 10:08 PM) *
Can't wait.
Some friends you have, just out of curiousity, what do you have in your own garage?

My friend actualy has 5 or so Lamborghinis. (And usualy goes through 10+ a year)

He owns:

Miura
Murcielago
Diablo SV
Diablo SVR (With American Flag Painting)

Just bought:
White Diablo
Gold Diablo 6.0 SE

He sent me this picture today, he is wondering if he should paint his wheels black or white, so he painted an old pair of wheels he had for an idea...

Should have the 2001 wheels painted gold pretty soon..... hopefuly pictures tommorow or the next day.
Synesthesia
Not all Lamborghinis are attractive, that's for sure. Your friend should branch out a little bit too...
Phix
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Feb 25 2007, 09:31 AM) *
Not all Lamborghinis are attractive, that's for sure. Your friend should branch out a little bit too...

The man has a passion for Lamborghini. Logic or other peoples perspectives on Lamborghini products do not factor into his decision making and living. When people get married to a brand, they get married to that brand.
slip
Great pics bombedmonkey
not too many miura's around!

can't wait to see the gold one
Synesthesia
QUOTE(Phix @ Feb 25 2007, 06:14 PM) *
The man has a passion for Lamborghini. Logic or other peoples perspectives on Lamborghini products do not factor into his decision making and living. When people get married to a brand, they get married to that brand.

Not rational. tongue_crossed-eyes.gif wink.gif

This is your second "slightly modified" orange Italian supercar. I dislike both with passion.
BombedMonkey
Still no update on the Gold wheels for the Gold SE. I hope it happens soon! whistle.gif

I find it hard you guys would walk up to a person with an orange Murcielago or 430, and have the courage to say "Yuck, I hate your car, and its orange.... by the way I drive a Taurus. thumbs_up.gif"

I hope you'd lot less judgemental than you are on in-ter-net. Seeing and hearing it in real-life is a completely different thing. Raspberry.gif
Phix
QUOTE(BombedMonkey @ Feb 26 2007, 10:26 PM) *
Still no update on the Gold wheels for the Gold SE. I hope it happens soon! whistle.gif

I find it hard you guys would walk up to a person with an orange Murcielago or 430, and have the courage to say "Yuck, I hate your car, and its orange.... by the way I drive a Taurus. thumbs_up.gif"

I hope you'd lot less judgemental than you are on in-ter-net. Seeing and hearing it in real-life is a completely different thing. Raspberry.gif

Just because a car costs more than a $100,000 does not mean I HAVE to like it or I have to HIDE my opinion on the matter.

I love the Murcielago and if I ever saw something like this in person I'd most definitely tell them that I love your car but not in that colour or those wheels. I don't see anything courageous about it either. I'm not about to suddenly suck up to some guy who go hide in some corner and stare at the car.

And who fucking cares what kind of car a person drives? Why does that have to do anything with a persons tastes or opinions? If something appeals to that person then it appeals to them. If it doesn't... it doesn't.
BombedMonkey
The comment was mostly towards Synesthesia. I'm just saying.... it's easy to make a judgement on a car over the internet.

QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Feb 25 2007, 08:31 AM) *

He has branched out into other cars. He has worked up the ladder to the point of owning Lamborghinis. I dont see anything wrong with that, considering he owns a security buisness and now sells exotics for a living.
Synesthesia
QUOTE(BombedMonkey @ Feb 26 2007, 11:16 PM) *
The comment was mostly towards Synesthesia. I'm just saying.... it's easy to make a judgement on a car over the internet.
He has branched out into other cars. He has worked up the ladder to the point of owning Lamborghinis. I dont see anything wrong with that, considering he owns a security buisness and now sells exotics for a living.

You showed us a picture of a car and asked us what we thought of it. Why is required for me to like it? I don't like it. I think it's gaudy. I think stock rims and a less orange color would suit it better. Deal.

And by branching out I meant perhaps trying out a Porsche, or a Ferrari. To me it would be more interesting to own a variety of high performance cars from different manufacturers. But Phix is right really, exotic car ownership doesn't really have to be logical. Your friend just doesn't go about it like I would.
BombedMonkey
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Feb 27 2007, 12:33 AM) *
And by branching out I meant perhaps trying out a Porsche, or a Ferrari. To me it would be more interesting to own a variety of high performance cars from different manufacturers. But Phix is right really, exotic car ownership doesn't really have to be logical. Your friend just doesn't go about it like I would.

Never said you had to like it, but I find it hard you'd say that if you seen it in person - that is my opinion.

I dunno if I wasn't clear enough, but by "going up the ladder" I meant he has gone though lots of Porsches and Ferraris. Now hes passed/done with those, and drives Lamborghinis.
Synesthesia
QUOTE(BombedMonkey @ Feb 27 2007, 03:17 AM) *
Never said you had to like it, but I find it hard you'd say that if you seen it in person - that is my opinion.

I dunno if I wasn't clear enough, but by "going up the ladder" I meant he has gone though lots of Porsches and Ferraris. Now hes passed/done with those, and drives Lamborghinis.

Well seeing as I have seen a Murcielago in person I'd probably look at this one and be almost as impressed though disappointed at the gross rims and paint color. And part of me would prefer the hardtop. I don't see what your beef is.

How can one ever be "done with" the F40?
leif
QUOTE(BombedMonkey @ Feb 26 2007, 09:26 PM) *

I have no problem telling someone they ruined their car...
wilch
I like it.
BombedMonkey
QUOTE(BombedMonkey @ Feb 24 2007, 03:44 AM) *
Diablo SVR (With American Flag Painting)

Well, Roy dyno'd the SV-R today.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lmlv32cUCqI

From my e-mail:

"It was about 55 degrees out, Mustang Dyno, 2 good pulls....

*MAX POWER* 398.8HP to the rear wheels @ 6033 RPM 109.8 MPH

*MAX TORQUE* 356.8 @ 5361 RPM 97.9 MPH

Then did 2 1/4 runs....

1st one no good, missed a gear, alittle clutch smoke

2nd one...

Reaction time 0.905 (not bad for and od guy, should be closer to .5)

60' 1.87 29.54MPH
330' 5.28 73.67MPH
660' (1/8) 7.9 95.4MPH
1000' 10.1 111.34MPH

1/4 12.02 119.26 MPH

A true under 12 second car ake down .5 reaction time..."
Marien
As much as I like the Diablo, that paint job is truly horrific.
BombedMonkey
QUOTE(Marien @ Mar 4 2007, 04:51 AM) *
As much as I like the Diablo, that paint job is truly horrific.

It's the only street legal SV-R in North America, hence the American Flag paint job.... its from the factory.

RJN
Rather have a chrome lip on those rims. It's a solid look, but not one I'd prefer.
Phix
QUOTE(BombedMonkey @ Mar 4 2007, 07:39 PM) *
It's the only street legal SV-R in North America, hence the American Flag paint job.... its from the factory.

Synesthesia
Thank you Phix, that was awesome. biggrin.gif
BombedMonkey
Well if you want my official opinion, I don't like the paint scheme either. I'm not even American.... just thought some people might be a little bit more patriotic.
ExoticTuner
The flag paintjob looks a bit too OTT. It'd look nice in yellow with bits of naked carbon fiber showing.

The Orange roadster and the black coupe looks nice, but I'd prefer a coupe in yellow or white with a nice set of silver wheels (or perhaps a set of lowenharts?)
GTR
sweetness. I'll add this to my album of 467 other nice cars. DS_Naughty2.gif
Tony Two Shoes
QUOTE(BombedMonkey @ Feb 26 2007, 10:26 PM) *

Hell yeah, I'm a couch critic. I judge and talk shit about people and their stuff on the internets all day long. But in person I clam up like a choking Alberto Gonzales. j/k

QUOTE(BombedMonkey @ Mar 5 2007, 03:05 AM) *
Well if you want my official opinion, I don't like the paint scheme either. I'm not even American.... just thought some people might be a little bit more patriotic.

I am even American and I find the paint job repulsive. cran.gif thumbs_down.gif sick.gif bleh.gif
skr
QUOTE(GTR @ May 12 2007, 06:36 PM) *
sweetness. I'll add this to my album of 467 other nice cars. DS_Naughty2.gif

WTF?
infinity
Shit I have 463, you JUST have me beat sad.gif

rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.