Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dodge Viper or Chevy Corvette?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
krazykohla
Any year, any comparisson. You have to choose between them!

Halflifehavock13
They both have their times. But because my driving skill does not come anywhere close to being able to handle the viper, I'll take my z06 please.
krazykohla
I'm pretty undecided about this one myself, and would have to get into both of them and drive them around a bunch to decide, but at this point I'm still loyal to the Viper!
Synesthesia
Corvette because of the Z06.
clarkma5
new 600 HP Viper Coupe > C6 Z06 > new 600 HP Viper Roadster > old 510 HP Coupe > C6 Coupe > old 510 HP Roadster > C5 Z06 > C6 Roadster > C5 Coupe > 2nd Gen Viper Coupe > C4 ZR1 > C5 Roadster > Any other Viper > Any other corvette
moe
I'll take the latest Z06 please, thanks. If not, the original Vettes...I know nothing about them, but they look damned cool.
Phix
C6 Z06.
eighteenseconds
Stingray.
AgaBoogaBoo
I've never driven a Viper, but the impression I'm getting from people is that it doesn't handle very well outside of a straight line. I'd take the Viper, sell it, buy a Corvette, and have cash left over.
Dr. Strangelove
I have driven one of the older Viper GT-Ss recently on a racetrack. I wasnt pushing very hard, but let me tell you. That car can turn. It is a little heavy and a little soft, but the same can be said of most American cars. Lots of grip and actually the power wasn't all that brutal. I have been in lightly moded Evos that give more sense of neck snapping acceleration. The strange thing about driving that car is that the acceleration doesn't really stop. It just keeps going at an alarming rate. Having said all of that, I wouldprobably pick the Z06 C6. I have not driven one yet, but from what I have been told it is a more dedicated car, and I like that. There would be a serious test drive session involved though. smile.gif

Edit* Don't believe me about the Vipers abilities, check out their racing history. Especially their sucess in the Le Mans series.
marcos_eirik
I'll go for the Corvette, preferably the Z06. That is said to be the most user friendly of the two, as well as actually also the fastest, if the track is a bit bent... And frankly, I don't think the Viper is worth the extra outlay over the Z06, baring in mind the performance.

So out of these I'll have s black Z06 with black wheels...
krazykohla
Damn O_o and that thing is even in snow!
slip
If money were no object, the new 600-hp viper would be my choice. Even if it doesnt quite outperform the z06, i see vettes on a daily basis, and frankly I'd rather have the more scarce car. To me, the viper has more personality.
BombedMonkey
Viper... way cooler, louder, and more rude.... considering I won't be taking my "precious" to a track.

It would be an awesome in-city car.

(These wheels would be changed smile.gif )
BombedMonkey
QUOTE(krazykohla @ Feb 19 2007, 02:51 PM) *
Damn O_o and that thing is even in snow!

You think thats impressive?

A McLaren LM - 1 of 5 in the world in the snow! (Sorry, extremely off topic)

clarkma5
^^ Awesome fucking pic
PAULIE_D
Although my penis would probably grow an extra inch if I owned a new Viper, I'd opt for the C6 Z06... a few years ago, I would have chosen the Viper.... but now, the 'Vette is much more desirable (in terms of overall aesthetics / driving enjoyment / satisfaction.
krazykohla
^^^*saves picture*

If I ever saw one of those in person....I think I'd pass out. Or explode. >.<

Only place I have that car is Test Drive Unlimited =D
Synesthesia
You have any more photos Bombed?
Cyclone
For all around fun I'd get to ZO6

To look like an insane dick with a small penis who enjoys spinning tires, I'd get the Viper
clarkma5
I think everyone here is completely overestimating just how wild the Viper is.
Phix
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Feb 20 2007, 08:11 PM) *

I heard the Viper runs on baby guts and devil'ed testicles.
BombedMonkey
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Feb 20 2007, 05:01 PM) *
You have any more photos Bombed?

Nope. sad.gif

QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Feb 20 2007, 07:11 PM) *

A V10 2 seater with lots of HP/Torque? How can you say people are over estimating the Viper when the Corvette is obviously the poll winner?

Secondly, the Viper is obviously a lot more wild than 99.9% of the members rides.... exterior and powerplant. Its mostly the Vipers exterior that gives it that "wild, im gonna kill you" look. It's got way more attitude than the Z06 or any Corvette in my opinion.
clarkma5
They're overestimating how wild it is, which means they're underestimating how good it is. The car is a lot more refined and capable as a performance car than anyone's giving it credit for. Word from the journalistic press is that the 3rd gen SRT-10 is a wonderful track tool, not just a hooligan car made to smoke tires.
BombedMonkey
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Feb 20 2007, 07:51 PM) *
They're overestimating how wild it is, which means they're underestimating how good it is. The car is a lot more refined and capable as a performance car than anyone's giving it credit for. Word from the journalistic press is that the 3rd gen SRT-10 is a wonderful track tool, not just a hooligan car made to smoke tires.

Wild in that way.... I see...

Okay, just got confused in what you were trying to say... I agree with you though. I picked the SRT-10 cause I think it would be a lot more fun in the city considering there is no track where I live. The C6 just seems a lot more generic to me, but that doesn't mean I don't hate it, or think its crappy. I just prefer the Viper... its more my style.
Blue Devil
A viper will always win in the WOW factor that's a fact. With that said... I will take the new "SS" aka "Blue Devil" corvette anytime if money wasn't an issue. But it is... so i will eventually upgrade to a used C6 Z06 without a doubt. I already got 30k on my C5 Z06... 30k miles of smiles and joy! smile.gif
Eventually i will get one just like this one....

drool3.gif
and yes.. i am biased towards the chevy! smile.gif Raspberry.gif
VT STI
Viper
krazykohla
QUOTE(Blue Devil @ Feb 28 2007, 10:30 AM) *
and yes.. i am biased towards the chevy! smile.gif Raspberry.gif

Just let me borrow your vette for a few days and I'll be able to make my final decision... whistle.gif
RJN
You already know. biggrin.gif
Phix
QUOTE(RJN @ Mar 11 2007, 02:43 AM) *

I don't. WTF kind of reply is that? You come back after like 80 years and expect everyone to remember every little detail?
350Z
His reply in this thread confused me no end too.

http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?showtopic=20776

QUOTE(RJN @ Mar 7 2007, 07:41 AM) *
tune at it again, huh? yeah.gif rishi.gif

LOL, sweet emots.

???????
Cyclone
QUOTE(RJN @ Mar 11 2007, 02:43 AM) *

Actually, no one cares.
VVTL-i GT-S
never much of a domestic fan, but corvette is my choice.

motorweek just had a comparison test of shelby mustang, corvette z06, and viper. corvette out perform the mustang and viper...
Pinecone
Corvette.
Blue Devil
QUOTE(VVTL-i GT-S @ Mar 12 2007, 06:43 AM) *
never much of a domestic fan, but corvette is my choice.

motorweek just had a comparison test of shelby mustang, corvette z06, and viper. corvette out perform the mustang and viper...

ugh... the mustang?? I don't even know how that car got into that comparison. idiot.gif
clarkma5
because it has 500 HP and is american. The mags have frequently tossed the hot 'stangs into the ring with the 'vette and 'viper despite the severe price difference.
ExoticTuner
A Lingenfelter-tuned Z06 please.

Actually, one of these won't be bad

http://windingroad.com/reviews-page/katech...k-corvette-z06/
krazykohla
QUOTE(Blue Devil @ Apr 9 2007, 02:10 PM) *
ugh... the mustang?? I don't even know how that car got into that comparison. idiot.gif

In the last MT comparisson between the three that I read, the 'stang actually got 2nd....trailing the vette and leading the viper.
slip
QUOTE(krazykohla @ Apr 10 2007, 07:19 PM) *
In the last MT comparisson between the three that I read, the 'stang actually got 2nd....trailing the vette and leading the viper.

I read the same article. I've always thought motor trend just disliked the viper
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(slip @ Apr 10 2007, 08:19 PM) *
I read the same article. I've always thought motor trend just disliked the viper

Several years back, they voted the viper as america's sports car (over the corvette).
krazykohla
I haven't touched my MT and Automobile for a while, but I wonder how the comparisson with the new model Vette and Viper would do...
Tony Two Shoes
You know it all depends on what you want. If you want a daily-driver, or a car that can be driven around town comfortably, then the Vette may be the way to go. If you want a car for the strip and the track, then the Viper may be the way to go.

I don't feel that either car is superior to the other. Even though they are very close in price, performance, etc... they perform different tasks very well.

With that said, I vote for the Vette.
Synesthesia
QUOTE(Tony Two Shoes @ Apr 14 2007, 10:25 AM) *
You know it all depends on what you want. If you want a daily-driver, or a car that can be driven around town comfortably, then the Vette may be the way to go. If you want a car for the strip and the track, then the Viper may be the way to go.

I don't feel that either car is superior to the other. Even though they are very close in price, performance, etc... they perform different tasks very well.

With that said, I vote for the Vette.

The corvette is supposed to have appalling interior/comfort. Are you telling me the Viper is worse??
Tony Two Shoes
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Apr 14 2007, 06:36 PM) *
The corvette is supposed to have appalling interior/comfort. Are you telling me the Viper is worse??

Well, I've never driven either one, so this is all speculation. But from sitting in both of the cars and what I've read in car mags, that is the conclusion I've come to. Like everyone else, I could be wrong about this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.