Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lots of Hate
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic > Legends
Pages: 1, 2
leif
I'm sure alot of other ppl have noticed, it seems that alot of threads these days break down to the same people saying the same shit about one another...often not nice stuff either.

Its kinda funny, as it involves alot of the #dieselstation crowd.

I know we're typically critical of one another...but there seems to be alot more of it lately than usual, and it seems to be alot more serious than I have ever seen it before. I know I'm not the best liked person here, but I think the forum is kinda suffering cuz of this...call me a panzy, but if you don't like somone's idea, great, talk about that...if you don't like someone, as far as I'm concerned don't post in a thread just to say so...

After all, you can be hostile, rude and offensive on #dieselstation if you feel a need to be...

This thread is kinda pointless, but I thought I would just post my observations.
Cyclone
Shut up hippy
DakianDelomast
Leaf, seriously, go evolve or something.
arnge
well , i know what you mean .

and they are ........ i 'd better shut up or i will be attacked too biggrin.gif
herkalees
I agree with you.
infinity
To quote the band War:

"why cant we be friends...why cant we be friends...why cant we be friends....why cant we be friends?"
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(infinity935 @ Feb 5 2007, 03:30 PM) *
To quote the band War:

"why cant we be friends...why cant we be friends...why cant we be friends....why cant we be friends?"

Because you're an insult to the human race.
herkalees
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Feb 5 2007, 03:51 PM) *
Because you're an insult to the human race.

Could you do us a favor and make a list of the members that are on your shit list?
clarkma5
Anyone who talks, herkalees.
herkalees
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Feb 5 2007, 04:24 PM) *
Anyone who talks, herkalees.

Apparently.
Phix
McKhaos put it best...

This is just a cyclical inherent hatred within DS. Right now we're in a heavy-hate cycle then we'll go back to easy cruising only to come back to this point again.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(herkalees @ Feb 5 2007, 04:05 PM) *
Could you do us a favor and make a list of the members that are on your shit list?

Actually I was thinking about doing that.
clarkma5
How about a list of people who aren't? It'd be much shorter.
DakianDelomast
There's only like 3 people that are on the active list. Other people I just scald when they say something stupid.
infinity
People that are a threat to the intelligence on Dieselstation: Leif, Infinity935, and KrazyKhola. Please avoid these people at all costs.

haha... Dakian you're a funny one! dance.gif
leif
I think Peter's just threatened by people who don't sit down and agree with him.
redlinehappiness
I think this is hilarious. You guys should have your own T.V. show.
one
i like everyone.
Phix
QUOTE(one @ Feb 5 2007, 10:09 PM) *
i like everyone.

Why do you eat puppies? sad.gif

I heard the cuter the puppy the more tender it is...
herkalees
I corrected your little mistake...
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Feb 5 2007, 06:14 PM) *
There's only like 3 people that are on the active list. Other people I just scald when they say something stupid.
Phix
^*golf-clap*
Diesel
yeah.. some of you guys are bringing me down MANNN..
infinity
QUOTE(Diesel @ Feb 6 2007, 03:15 PM) *
yeah.. Dakian is bringing me down MANNN..
thumbs_up.gif
Phix
QUOTE(Diesel @ Feb 6 2007, 03:15 PM) *
yeah.. infinity935 bringing me down MANNN..

Why? Because you're encouraging this to go on.
trail_boss2
QUOTE(infinity935 @ Feb 6 2007, 06:52 PM) *
thumbs_up.gif

Dakian is not the only one that hates you. The majority of us here think you are a douchebag.
green73ta
Hello.

I am The Voice Of...

Oh fuck it.
Phix
QUOTE(green73ta @ Feb 6 2007, 07:11 PM) *
Hello.

I am The Voice Of...

Oh fuck it.

You're such an awesome guy. XD
one
QUOTE(leif @ Feb 5 2007, 07:20 AM) *
I'm sure alot of other ppl have noticed, it seems that alot of threads these days break down to the same people saying the same shit about one another...often not nice stuff either.

Its kinda funny, as it involves alot of the #dieselstation crowd.

I know we're typically critical of one another...but there seems to be alot more of it lately than usual, and it seems to be alot more serious than I have ever seen it before. I know I'm not the best liked person here, but I think the forum is kinda suffering cuz of this...call me a panzy, but if you don't like somone's idea, great, talk about that...if you don't like someone, as far as I'm concerned don't post in a thread just to say so...

After all, you can be hostile, rude and offensive on #dieselstation if you feel a need to be...

This thread is kinda pointless, but I thought I would just post my observations.

In all honesty though, yes. Too much bullshit. Leif is being the most mature out of most of the crowd here.

This drama is starting to get really really gay.

And not the Clarkma5 gay.
Phix
QUOTE(one @ Feb 6 2007, 10:31 PM) *
In all honesty though, yes. Too much bullshit. Leif is being the most mature out of most of the crowd here.

This drama is starting to get really really gay.

And not the Clarkma5 gay.

Uh... you've been on dieselstation for long enough to realize this is pretty much the norm.
one
QUOTE(Phix @ Feb 6 2007, 08:07 PM) *
Uh... you've been on dieselstation for long enough to realize this is pretty much the norm.

Yeah, I have. But it's been on everyone. That's what made DS so fun.

Now it's just basically on Leif.
PAULIE_D
It's good to take or receive the odd jab here and there. All in good fun. But when it becomes commonplace in almost every topic thread and the razzing evolves into full-fledged negativity, it brings the forum down.

Teasing.. ok.

Hating... makes me cringe.
infinity
QUOTE(trail_boss2 @ Feb 6 2007, 07:10 PM) *
Dakian is not the only one that hates you. The majority of us here think you are a douchebag.
...why? ...seriously.
one
Ehh. I'm tired of all this stuff. No wonder the forum never grows.

Anyways, I'm banned from IRC as well, so oh well. I'm out.
Phix
QUOTE(one @ Feb 7 2007, 02:10 PM) *
Ehh. I'm tired of all this stuff. No wonder the forum never grows.

Anyways, I'm banned from IRC as well, so oh well. I'm out.

You should be unbanned now. A certain unnamed member banned you and forgot to unban you. No, it wasn't me. I still remember our agreement.
Cyclone
I hate all you fuckers. emot-fuckoff.gif emot-fuckoff.gif emot-fuckoff.gif
Diesel
boston.gif haters.
Phix
Won't SOMEONE think of the children!?
herkalees
Its nice to see all this talk is in vain.
krazykohla
GROUP HUG!

Well... minus Dakian of course.
PBB
Having been on DS for about 3 of the 3.5 years these forums (V2.0) have existed, here's the truth, as I see it, about the perceived hatred here. This may be a shocking revelation to some and what others have figured out long ago.

DS had been a very small community for quite a while. As opposed to most other forums that are dependent on growth by new members for success, DS is dependent on the wallpaper section. Over 90% of the traffic on DS is through the wallpaper section, not the forums. I've often likened the forums to being a daycare at a successful corporation. These forums have never been the center attraction of DS, they're more of a fringe benefit.

Being that an increasing number of members wasn't the central purpose of the forums, it gave the established members full discretion to flame, roast, heckle, run off and indiscriminately ban whoever they percieved to be of little value to the community. If only 1 out 10 people actually turned out to not be an asshat and hung around, that was just fine. Since the rate of members joining every week was quite low, it make weeding out the idiots quite an obvious task and often an entertaining diversion.

It should also be noted that the systematic removal of those perceived to be worthless dolts, combative loudmouths or just annoying as hell was/is not confined to the newly joined. There's a decent list of people with 1000+ posts who have been driven off via constant heckling or banned outright. Noone is ever really "grandfathered in." That's what mr_b00st realized when everyone started giving him shit, he was on the "DS doesn't need this person anymore." hitlist. So he rolled over and played bitch, claiming he was no longer going to participate in the regular forums. Of course, he's already back with his santimonious finger-wagging and VW nutswinging.

It should also be noted that, with very few exceptions, the photography section has been exempt from all the above. It's always been Easton and the photographers in their little sandbox while Clark, Dakian, Cyclone et. al. run around everywhere else.

That background explains the environment that has pervaded DS for so long and brings us to the present. Gone are the days when 3 people a week joined, now it's more like 5 a day. What's recently been happening is that people are joining too quickly for the old system to work, what was once a concentrated display of disdain is now just noise. There's too many people around for some to really realize that they need to post a lot less or just shut up altogether. It's simple: if you feel like you're being hated by most people, just stop posting for awhile or at least change how you're posting. There's nothing wrong with lurking a forum to see how it works.

And yes there is a lot of fake "hate". The regulars here have been heckling each other for time immortal and many newbs can't tell the difference. Calling a person from India a "stinky curryass Iranian" would be highly insulting in nearly all circumstances but Duke gets called that almost weekly. It's just the way DS is, and really, it's just the way male bonding is. To borrow the catchphrase from the Comedy Central Roasts, "We roast the ones we love."

As for claims that the hate is all coming from #DS, that's where almost all the oldschool regulars who are ingrained with the above hang out together. It's not really a secret that much of the inner workings of DS take place on IRC and IMs. That's a part of the community for many here.

To address specific people:

leif: Wish as you might, you do not fall under the "We roast the ones we love" clause of heckling or initiation. See the above paragraph about how noone, no matter how veteran, is exempt from being driven off for being an annoying loudmouth. A year vacation from DS would be perfect for you.

infinity: You're damn annoying, talking alot and saying nothing. Lurk a lot more and post a lot less. And definitely make an effort to forumulate opinions that are grounded in reality and can supported by fact.

Anyone else feeling hated: It's simple: if you feel like you're being hated by most people, just stop posting for awhile or at least change how you're posting. There's nothing wrong with lurking a forum to see how it works.

Cliffnotes: This place is chockful of elitist assholes who hate rampant willful ignorance.
White RSX
QUOTE(PBB @ Feb 7 2007, 06:47 PM) *
See the above paragraph about how noone, no matter how veteran, is exempt from being driven off for being an annoying loudmouth.

HAW HAW! I'm still here! boston.gif
green73ta
I don't recall getting heckled or even anyone trying to run me off when I was a noob.

Buncha fuckin' pussies!
Phix
QUOTE(green73ta @ Feb 7 2007, 10:04 PM) *
I don't recall getting heckled or even anyone trying to run me off when I was a noob.

Buncha fuckin' pussies!

No, seriously, you're just so fucking awesome. XD
Cyclone
QUOTE(green73ta @ Feb 7 2007, 10:04 PM) *

Buncha fuckin' pussies!

Because you're not a dumbass. In fact me and phix were just talking about how incredibly cool you are. Not all noobs get shit, only the ones that join and show a sign of weakness.

In fact I think you won the DS member cool car of the year, or came close, right?
Phix
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Feb 7 2007, 10:25 PM) *
Because you're not a dumbass. In fact me and phix were just talking about how incredibly cool you are. Not all noobs get shit, only the ones that join and show a sign of weakness.

In fact I think you won the DS member cool car of the year, or came close, right?

No, he won it.
redlinehappiness
It should also be noted that the systematic removal of those perceived to be worthless dolts

E-Genocide?
PBB
QUOTE(redlinehappiness @ Feb 7 2007, 10:30 PM) *
E-Genocide?

Yes, exactly. Welcome to DS.
green73ta
Just as I thought...

Pussies, suckups and girliemen.
White RSX
QUOTE(green73ta @ Feb 7 2007, 08:50 PM) *
Just as I thought...

Pussies, suckups and girliemen.

<-- And an asshole
infinity
Welp, guess I'll just be "lurking" on DS now. Glad you guys are so welcoming to people genuinely interested in discussing and learning more about the automotive world.

Last emoticon I'll use on DS so i'll make it worth it:

boston.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.