Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the hell is this?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Synesthesia

This very well may not be new to some of you, but holy shit is this ugly. Does anyone have more info on it?
leif
link no worky
Synesthesia
QUOTE(leif @ Dec 28 2006, 12:32 AM) *
link no worky

That's irritating. See if that fixed it.
clarkma5
It's the Rinspeed Bedouin. It's a hydrogen-powered 996 Turbo-based blingy pickup truck 2-seater sports car thing.
skr
I think i've seen a video on this, and this thing is loaded with teh blingage.
potatoboy666
Hammond drove it on TopGear, you'll have to find the vid somewhere.
Asher
Rinspeed press photos are the best.
Pinecone
It still doesn't explain the pointy hooded people in the back.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Pinecone @ Dec 29 2006, 10:04 AM) *
It still doesn't explain the pointy hooded people in the back.

The rinspeed is crazy enough that people in pointed hats in one of their advertisements should not confuse you.
Cyclone
Maybe they're Dink Dink's.

God damn I hate everything Rinspeed creates. This is ugly :|
speedyK
I took these pics of it at the Rinspeed stand at the Klausenpas Race memorial in September.

Not the most subtle of cars with its flip paint and weird rear hatch, but more practical than a stock 911 (better rear headroom and the rear hatch).

You can click on the Bedouin links here ("Concept cars" on the left) for pics, vids, etc.:

>clicky<
Cyclone
Who actually cares about rear headroom in a 911? Those back seats aren't there to be used for anything else but to toss shit in.
clarkma5
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Dec 30 2006, 04:47 PM) *
Who actually cares about rear headroom in a 911? Those back seats aren't there to be used for anything else but to toss shit in.

Uhh the bedouin has nothing to do with rear headroom. It's got a rear cargo area that converts to a small pickup bed. It's only a 2 seater.
Cyclone
QUOTE('SpeedyK')
more practical than a stock 911 (better rear headroom and the rear hatch).

QUOTE('clarkma5')
Uhh the bedouin has nothing to do with rear headroom. It's got a rear cargo area that converts to a small pickup bed. It's only a 2 seater.

And you're wrong clarkma, it's a 4 seater.

QUOTE('Rinspeed')
Seating capacity : 2 + 2
clarkma5
Wow, that pickup bed is itty bitty then.
PBB
Wouldn't being rear engine kill the "pickup bed" aspect anyway?

Edit: Yes.

Looks like the "bed" can be used or rear passengers can be hauled but not at the same time. X.gif

Double edit: Here's an animation showing how the bed and rear heatch unfolds: http://rinspeed.ch/pages/cars/bedouin/pre-bedouin-ani2.htm
clarkma5
Ah, I knew the pickup bed killed the rear seat space. I just didn't know it converted like that.
Synesthesia
Wow that's pretty wild. This thing has got to cost a fortune.
krazykohla
That's obviously Porsche's love child with a gorilla......

QUICK...SOMEBODY KILL IT BEFORE IT REPRODUCES!
Synesthesia
Haha I just saw the TopGear in which this (and some other cars by Rinspeed) was featured. What a bunch of psychos. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.