Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "For Sale" section
Dieselstation Car Forums > Forum Issues > Issues & Suggestions
leif
I would like to see a "for sale" section, so we can keep everything in one place.

I would recomend making a rule that you need 100 posts before you can make a new topic in the "for sale" section, that way you wouldnt have maountains of idiots from everywhere trying to sell us shit.

I know everyone is busy with the stuff they already do, if you wanted to try it out for a little while I would be willing to voulenteer be a local mod
høgh
It have been suggested and denied before.
Synesthesia
Would this just be for vehicles/vehicle related?
BlackJack
I'm not a fan of it seeing as there wouldn't be a lot of threads regarding sales.
xchox
I say its alright as long as you meet a criteria such as:

Must have 100 posts - prevent idiots from joining just to sell stuff

Must only sell a complete vehicle or project car - no one wants that cookie cutter mom was gonna throw out

Must include a decent picture of the vehicle with DSF user name in the picture not photo shopped - Hey theres a skyline on ebay for 10G im gonna sell it on DSF for 14G and cut a profit

And other then that I cant see the harm!
leif
I have just noticed more and more members are trying to sell their stuff on DS, and its all over the place. If there was a dedicated section it would be easier to sell the item, and de-cluter things a little bit.

And I don't hink there should be a limmit on what you sell...just buyer beware...and thats it!
Diesel
honestly.. we don't have enough members to justify a for sale section.
infinity
Perhaps a pinned "for sale" thread in the off-topic section would suffice?
dukenukem
what if i want to sell your soul ?
Phix
Really, I don't see 'a bunch of members selling stuff all over the place'... it's more like one or two members selling something once a month. Does that confuse you like the WRC coverage?

Honestly, leif....
White RSX
Shut the fuck up.
PBB
QUOTE(leif @ Dec 20 2006, 11:10 AM) *
I would recomend making a rule that you need 100 posts before you can make a new topic in the "for sale" section, that way you wouldnt have maountains of idiots from everywhere trying to sell us shit.

Way to look out for DS, leaf. In ten years when there's actually a demand for this, you can say you thought of it first.

QUOTE(infinity935 @ Dec 20 2006, 03:42 PM) *
Perhaps a pinned "for sale" thread in the off-topic section would suffice?

That's an even worse idea.
trail_boss2
YOU CAN DO ITTT EEEEEEBAYYYYY
infinity
QUOTE(PBB @ Dec 20 2006, 06:50 PM) *
That's an even worse idea.

Why is that? Wouldn't have to make a whole new thread...plus pinned topics are rarely used anyways. Seems perfect for those of us who wouldn't mind a for sale section.
Cyclone
Solution: Just post a thread in off topic that has "FS:" at th beginning of the name. Example "FS: Clarkmas used panties". Everyone (except for b00st, hes an idiot) should know what the 'FS:' means.
PAULIE_D
I have a 5-pack of used "wife beater" shirts for sale. They are highly desirable as they have been worn / washed so many times that your chest hair will actually poke through the worn-thin fabric. Very classy look. The ladies will not be able to resist!

Bonus: one of the shirts has a free spaghetti sauce stain included as an added bonus.
Cyclone
Do you accept paypal?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.