Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skoda Octavia
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
xchox
0 TDI PD vRS is an impressive piece of engineering. With 170bhp under the bonnet, this car certainly doesnt hang around. The headline figure with this model isnt the power output but the maximum torque output of 350Nm. The BMW 330i, the Ford Focus ST, the Mercedes SL350, the Porsche Cayman S, and the Subaru Impreza WRX all fail to top this figure.

FACTS AT A GLANCE FOR THE GASOLINE

Price: 17,500
Done Deal Price: 16,667
Insurance group: 15
Value after 3 years: 7,800 (45%)
Engine: 4-cyl turbo, 1,984cc
Power: 197bhp@5,100rpm
Torque: 207lb ft@1,800rpm
0-60mph: 7.2secs 40-60mph (4th): 4.3secs
Max speed (claimed): 149mph
Braking (70-0/30-0): 45.6/8.6m

FACTS AT A GLANCE FOR THE DIESEL

CAR: Skoda Octavia vRS TDI range
PRICES: 18,370-19,220 on the road
INSURANCE GROUPS: 15E [est]
CO2 EMISSIONS: 157g/km
PERFORMANCE: Max Speed 140mph / 0-60mph 8.2s
FUEL CONSUMPTION: (combined) 48.2mpg
STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES: ABS, ESP, brake assist, twin front and side airbags
WILL IT FIT IN YOUR GARAGE?: Length/Width/Height, 4572/1769/1462mm

And from Diesel Stations Wallpaper Gallery... The WRC Edition:

leif
Need more info on it!
xchox
sorry about that. Posted info on both versions of the vRS
clarkma5
Heh I think it's pretty fucking cool, though a lot of that is probably because we don't get them here.

Wasn't the Octavia WRC car one of the biggest rally cars in history?
dukenukem
The Skoda Octavia that was sold in india was my favourite car available at that time. It had the muscularity and the composure of a tank and it actually drove very well ! I think its cool.
tune
Despite some amusing and good advertising, I still think Skoda is looked down on in Europe, but I think the vRS version of the Octavia is cool and I thought the WRC was pretty cool and the Fabia.
Phix
I really don't know much at all about it besides Skoda's WRC outings.

The Octavia was never very good and the Fabia was just terrible.
PBB
Does absolutely nothing for me. Uncool by default. mellow.gif
xchox
QUOTE(Phix @ Dec 20 2006, 06:18 PM) *
I really don't know much at all about it besides Skoda's WRC outings.

The Octavia was never very good and the Fabia was just terrible.

The Octavia was the biggest and heaviest rally car of all time. So it is understandable that it never faired well. The Fabia on the other hand never had the backing of the Octavia, and then lost corperate backing when sold to Red Bull.

It is a shame really considering Skoda won 10 Rally Championships in a row!
moe
Bland, and mildly sporting to drive. A lot of bang for your buck, but that doesn't make it cool. Oh, and Skoda's will never be cool. They may have gone from building crap cars to good ones, but I can't ever see them being cool.

EDIT: The old vRS (the one pictured) wasn't a diesel if I remember correctly. It used the 1.8T used in so many other VAG cars. The Fabia vRS was a diesel warm hatch, although the fairly recent, all-new Octavia may have a sporty diesel variant, not sure. I could never be bothered to care about the new Octavia since it looks almost identical, and is still bland but dymanically competetent. And that blue Octavia...that's not a factory effort or anything, it's just riced-out.
infinity
It's essentially the same thing as a Jetta, no? Those first couple of pics make it look just like a Mk4 Jetta.
clarkma5
QUOTE(infinity935 @ Dec 23 2006, 01:17 PM) *
It's essentially the same thing as a Jetta, no? Those first couple of pics make it look just like a Mk4 Jetta.

It's actually based on the '98-'05 Passat B5 platform.
infinity
Oh interesting. Thats funny cause i thought it looked a tad bit bigger than the Mk4 Jetta, but the body looked so similar - especially the grill/headlights and the shape of the rear. Thanks for the enlightenment thumbs_up.gif
clarkma5
Actually, no, it is based on the MkIV Golf/Jetta platform, I was mistaken.
infinity
Gotcha. Gracias.
Keitero-sama
Faster than a MkIV GTi. Cool!
tune
Skoda are shadowed by their old image these days, unfortunately.
Mr b00st
QUOTE(Keitero-sama @ Dec 26 2006, 10:59 PM) *
Faster than a MkIV GTi. Cool!

...no it isn't.
moe
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Feb 1 2007, 10:06 PM) *
...no it isn't.

There was an anomaly with Autcar's test car. The car they road tested put out some ridiculous acceleration figures (where it was faster than the GTi), but every model they got a hold of after, was never quite as fast. They even went as far to say that the test car may have had the 225BHP engine from the TT.
Mr b00st
that would be hard to miss; the TT225 has twin intercoolers, a larger turbo (K04 vs K03s...)... yeah.
moe
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Feb 16 2007, 08:22 AM) *
that would be hard to miss; the TT225 has twin intercoolers, a larger turbo (K04 vs K03s...)... yeah.

Whatever the case, Autocar's initial test car was a lot faster (faster than the GTi) than any examples they got a hold of later...and they used that car a lot a in giant-killer features.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.