Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now THIS is a Blower Bentley
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
PBB
Looks pretty tame on the outside...

eek.gif

Supercharged Chevy 502 (that's 8.2 liters) on big nitrous. The GM TH400 transmission, 4-link rear suspension and Ford 9" differential are serious drag racing equipment.

Yours for only 60 grand...

As much as I love a lot of pushrod swaps, this does nothing for me. If it had a stick shift, it'd be cool. As is, meh.
infinity
Seems blasphemous in a Bentley, even though I'm sure it goes like hell.
Mr b00st
i don't think it seems blasphemous; it's not like there was a refined high tech V8 in the bentley in the first place.
Mazdaspeed
i like it.. it would sound cooool
infinity
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Dec 19 2006, 02:29 AM) *
i don't think it seems blasphemous; it's not like there was a refined high tech V8 in the bentley in the first place.

Supercharged Chevy 502 (that's 8.2 liters) on big nitrous. The GM TH400 transmission, 4-link rear suspension and Ford 9" differential are serious drag racing equipment.
...in a Bentley?

Seems fairly blasphemous to me. Or at least sacrilegious.
BlackJack
I don't see ANY use of this......thing that they even call a Bentley anymore.
JINXJAY
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Dec 18 2006, 11:29 PM) *

QUOTE(infinity935 @ Dec 19 2006, 02:12 PM) *
...in a Bentley?

what would you prefer, a turbocharged '62 425 Buick V8 ??????????????
infinity
QUOTE(JINXJAY @ Dec 20 2006, 01:56 PM) *
that doesn't even make sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PBB
QUOTE(JINXJAY @ Dec 20 2006, 01:56 PM) *

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Backed by a TKO-600, please.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(infinity935 @ Dec 19 2006, 05:12 PM) *
...in a Bentley?

Please pull your head from your ass. Bentleys have uses gigantic turbo V8s for ages now so putting another giant FI V8 is not at all out of the ordinary.
JINXJAY
QUOTE(JINXJAY @ Dec 20 2006, 10:56 AM) *

QUOTE(infinity935 @ Dec 20 2006, 11:56 AM) *
that doesn't even make sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the V8 that is used in rolls and bentley is the 425 buick (not even a wildcat) motor bought from them as a part of a deal with the all alloy buick 215 for rover.

anyway stick on TBI and a turbo and you have the turbo R.

it's still the same old castings and still not a great engine..............

p.s. the box behind it is TH400 with the "W" bellhousing to suit a buick, so even the trans is not that odd a swap.

what did impress me was he's got rid of the crappy rolls suspension, thats an improvement......

loser.gif
infinity
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Dec 21 2006, 11:15 AM) *
Please pull your head from your ass. Bentleys have uses gigantic turbo V8s for ages now so putting another giant FI V8 is not at all out of the ordinary.

Yes, I know that, but a "Supercharged Chevy 502 (that's 8.2 liters) on big nitrous. The GM TH400 transmission, 4-link rear suspension and Ford 9" differential are serious drag racing equipment." in a Bentley?

Even if Bentleys have used huge turbo V8s since the beginning of time...they have never been meant for "serious drag racing"...which is what i found to be silly considering its a Bentley.
PBB
Given that this Bentley is a 5000 pound limo, it might as well be made faster in a straight line 'cuz it sure won't be turning much better.

Interesting bit on the 425, I assume Rolls Royce used the same engine as well?
Mr b00st
QUOTE(infinity935 @ Dec 19 2006, 05:12 PM) *
...in a Bentley?

im just saying, it's not like they took out a wonderful, modern and refined powerplant. the bentley motor is still a 6.75L pushrod iron block single turbo deal, that doesn't make that much power. I'm sure a 502 is nowhere near as smooth but still, you have to admit this is a neat swap.
infinity
I mean...i guess so? It just seems so out of place to slap that thing in essentially a limousine. I know Bentleys stock motors aren't exactly refined by any means, this just seems outlandish to me. Who knows. DS_Skeptical2.gif
JINXJAY
you can do a lot with a Bentley dance.gif dance.gif dance.gif dance.gif the Mentley Insanne

this car was built by Andy Saunders based on a £3000 write off. and using parts from 14 DIFFERENT motors.

doesent sound like a good start does it.............

but read on.

The striking model includes bits from a Volvo, Suzuki, Range Rover, Mercedes and even an old Austin Maestro & Montego.

The boot lid is from a Ford Focus, glass roof from a Merc, headlights from a Range Rover, Mazda MX5 petrol cap, leather seats from a Volvo S60, door mirrors from an Audi TT, spoilers from an MG Maestro. The paint was designed for Metros.

Andy, 40, bought the rusty shell of an 1983 Bentley Mulsanne for £3,000 and fitted it out with scrap parts worth £12,000.

And after 900 hours of work over seven months, he has dubbed his mad motor the Mentley Insanne!

His labour of love is now thought to be worth £50,000.

The garage owner, of Poole in Dorset, said: ďEvery time Iím at a service station a businessman comes up and asks if itís a new prototype.Ē

Andy is now exhibiting it at car shows in Europe.

show car sounds better!!!!!!

i really like this car.. after seeing it in the flesh i have to say it is awsome.........
infinity
The striking model includes bits from a Volvo, Suzuki, Range Rover, Mercedes and even an old Austin Maestro & Montego.

The boot lid is from a Ford Focus, glass roof from a Merc, headlights from a Range Rover, Mazda MX5 petrol cap, leather seats from a Volvo S60, door mirrors from an Audi TT, spoilers from an MG Maestro. The paint was designed for Metros.

STUPID head.gif head.gif head.gif head.gif

DO NOT WANT bleh.gif
Steve McQueen
why would you use that engine in a bentley? it make much more sense in a muscle car
PBB
QUOTE(Steve McQueen @ Dec 27 2006, 05:39 PM) *
why would you use that engine in a bentley? it make much more sense in a muscle car

Read the thread, the only real differences between this new engine and the original are turbo -> supercharger, more displacement and nitrous. They're both huge, forced-induction, pushrod, boat anchor V8s.

Why, with one of the coolest namesakes in history, do you suck so bad?? X.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.