Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiesmann GT
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
PBB

Wiesmann is a small carmaker from Germany and their latest offering is the Wiesmann GT, a small coupe powered by a BMW V8. The chassis employs an aluminum monocoque a la Lotus and a handcrafted FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) body. Designed as a true Grand Touring car, the GT places an emphasis on long-distance comfort and style. Though with it's performance tuned suspension, manual transmission and willing V8, the GT can wake and play when asked.

Wiesmann plans to beginning importing cars to the US in 2010. Source

Specifications and Performance
Engine type: BMW V8
Displacement: 4.8L (4799 cc)
Horsepower: 362 bhp @ 6300 RPM
Torque: 364 lb/ft @ 3400 RPM
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Curb Weight: 2800 pounds
0-60mph: 4.6 seconds
Top Speed: 174 mph

Personally, I think it's a sexy little car and would love to have one. It's certainly cool with it's good-looking lightweight body and proven BMW drivetrain. But it just doesn't have the panache and pedigree to be Frozen. A simple Cool it is.
infinity
I love everything about it...except the front end (more specifically, the grill). A better front end and this thing would be frozen, but my vote will have to go cool.
clarkma5
It's cool, but when it had the M3's I6 it was frozen.
leif
No car with the important dails in the middle will ever be cool.
Mazdaspeed
love the interior... but no airbag? or is it stuffed in there somehow?
clarkma5
Nope, no airbag. Those europeans really live on the edge.
PBB
*Those very low-production carmakers really live on the edge.
tune
Cool for a squatter, but damn it's ugly.
Dr. Strangelove
Frozen, It just is, don't argue with me.
moe
Definately cool. It's just so different from anything else you see on the road. I saw the convertible and loved it.
Mitlov
Frozen on looks alone. The car looks amazing. Love the long hood, rear-set cabin, and fluid lines.
UserDrew
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Dec 6 2006, 01:00 AM) *
Nope, no airbag. Those europeans really live on the edge.

No airbags, but it comes standard with a pussy magnet!

I voted in this ages ago and I can't remember if I voted for Cool or Frozen. Probably cool because the location of the location of the dials on the dashboard suck.
ExoticTuner
Frozen doesn't do this thing justice. I was lucky enough to sit in one of these, and the interior is stunning in the flesh
anubis
Its definatley cool apart from the interior too much tan leather not enough brushed alloy for me!
eighteenseconds
I fucking hate this thing. So much.
Dr. Strangelove
This one has been contested since December 5th, time to put it to bed.

Ice cold, frozen. Even you guys who say you hate it, if you saw it on the road what would you say.

"Oh cool! a Wiesmann GT!"
Thats what I would say.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.