Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru Legacy (2005+)
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
clarkma5
MSRP: $20,795-$33,995 (MY07)

Engines
2.5L NA H4, 168 HP and 166 ft.-lbs. of torque (175/169 later)
2.5L Turbo H4, 250 HP and 250 ft.-lbs. of torque (243/241 later)
Drivetrains
Standard AWD
5-speed manual, 4-speed auto (NA engine), 5-speed auto (Turbo engine), 6-speed (Spec B)

Body Styles: 4-door sedan, 4-door wagon
Weights: 3200-3530 lbs.

Phix
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Asher
No mention of the 6?

Cool, but only with the turbo.
PBB
Is the Legacy a good car? Definitely.
Is it a cool car? Definitely not.
However it doesn't overpromise and is sporty enough to stay out of the MJU bin. Just uncool.
infinity
Spec B - Frozen.
Turbo - Cool.
NA - Uncool.

Average = cool = my vote.
leif
I voted cool...but I am Heavily biased...and I wouldnt have bought one if I thought it was uncool (a legacy in general...I don't own a 05+...yet.
dukenukem
Uncool. They seem too much like outbacks with lowered suspensions.
clarkma5

I don't think I've seen voting more middle of the road than that.
PBB
It was
about a minute ago.
clarkma5
yarrrr
dukenukem
I am in your pollz, disturbing your distributionz
clarkma5
QUOTE(Asher @ Dec 5 2006, 06:45 PM) *
No mention of the 6?

in the states, the H6 is only available in the Outback, not the Legacy.
moe
There's no such thing as a cool mid-size sedan.

Though it's cooler than most of its competitors.
dukenukem
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Dec 14 2006, 01:34 PM) *
There's no such thing as a cool mid-size sedan.

Though it's cooler than most of its competitors.

M5 ? RS6? E55 AMG ?
moe
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Dec 14 2006, 11:08 PM) *
M5 ? RS6? E55 AMG ?

Ok in terms of dimensions those are midsize sedans I guess, but they're luxury performance sedans. Not midsize family sedans like the Legacy, that said I forgot about the Spec B, and the Mazdaspeed 6...those aren't really dull. The Spec B would get a cool...the stock one isn't.
Asher
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Dec 11 2006, 08:09 PM) *
in the states, the H6 is only available in the Outback, not the Legacy.

Ah...gotcha.
Cyclone
It's not frozen but it's not uncool. It gets a cool, I'd possibly maybe buy one if I were in the market for a nice AWD sedan that didn't cost $50k
Mr b00st
it's cool. not frozen.
Keitero-sama
No Wagon Spec B in the States makes me cry and therefore, vote it only cool.
skr
It's not flashy unlike its impreza relatives, It's a decent performer(as long as it's turbo equipped), and it's a bit discrete if you ask me. You can't go wrong with having one.

It's also awd, and if the Fiat Panda can be cool because of 4wd, than this car can be cool because of awd.
DakianDelomast
Its uncool, but its the coolest pedestrian transport.
mung35
Okay, I actually really like these cars. Always been a fan of the high powered, well-rounded, station wagon. Looks sexy too, IMO. The other day Clarkma and I were in downtown and i noticed this over a 996 Turbo parked behind it. Kinda sad.

With that said, the fact that it's a wagon can never make it frozen but it is cool.
mung35
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Dec 11 2006, 03:14 PM) *

I don't think I've seen voting more middle of the road than that.

Check now...
clarkma5
yes I know.
Mazdaspeed
i think its cool... its very attractive, very tunable turbo motor, AWD... in fact i plan on buying one after school for a "normal car" and tuning it for 300ish whp...

EDIT: that it unless Subaru destroys its good styling, which it probably will sad.gif
Pinecone
lm positive you'd be buying it used, right?
UserDrew
I'm pretty sure I saw Michael Jackson driving one of these.
Jonathan
Def cool car. Buddy just picked one up (photo below). Great potential in the power department, handles well for a family sedan, and good value for money imo. thumbs_up.gif There's even a exclusive forum for the owners - legacygt.com

b0mb3r
its alright. I voted uncool. Does not really invoke any emotions; its just a car.
ExoticTuner
A nice car to drive, and shows that subaru can design a good looking car for once....
Dr. Strangelove
If you picked up a girl in one of these things, what would she say?

Uncool, if not MJU.
infinity
QUOTE(Dr. Strangelove @ Apr 23 2007, 11:46 AM) *
If you picked up a girl in one of these things, what would she say?
"Wow this is a really nice car. Oh, you can drive stick? Thats sexy...take me back to your place for a night of hot sex." DS_Naughty2.gif
clarkma5
A girl's reasonably liable to like this. I don't go by what girls like, most of them have shitty taste in cars anyway.
krazykohla
Loved the '05 model year, and still love the styling of it. It's a pretty speedy "people transport" if you ask me, but for that price, methinks I'd rather try for an STi. Still, the Legacy to me is my favorite design for a Subaru.

^^Old photoshop
Dr. Strangelove
Given they don't know anything about cars, but this isnt a question of how good a car is. This is about how cool it is. Sometimes how good a car is enters into how cool a car is, but it is much more about the oppinion of the masses.
slip
i think we can all agree that it's a good car, but

*yawn*

uncool
Mitlov
My bias on this thread should be obvious, but here goes.

I voted cool: the flat four has a lot of character (even in 2.5i form, but it's awesome in GT form). You can actually hear the engine, unlike most cars of this genre. And it's easy to get the car sideways on a dirt road, which is eminently satisfying. Full-time AWD without electronic nannies is cool smile.gif My beefs with this car (the rattles, the noise on the highway, the cramped rear seat, the not-always-composed suspension) have everything to do with how good it is and little to do with how cool it is.

Anyway, hi again folks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.