Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noble M12 GTO-3R
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
PBB

The Noble M12 is a two-door, two-seater, mid-engine, rear-wheel drive model, available in three coupe variants (GTO-3, GTO-3R and M400). All versions are powered by modified turbocharged Ford Duratec V6 engines. The standard M12 has a 3.0-litre, twin Garret turbo-charged engine, which produces 310 bhp (231 kW).

All M models have a full steel roll cage, steel space frame, and G.R.P. (fibre glass) composite clam shell body parts. These cars are extremely lightweight and stiff. Although looking to be track derived, the M12 performs very well on both road and track, with surprisingly good ride quality, but a rigid feel. This is achieved by having no anti-roll bars on the car (with the exception of the hardcore M400). This allows suspension to be made hard without making a back breaking ride.

M12 GTO-3R Specifications and Performance
Price: 49,950 (about $90,000US)
Engine: 3 liter V6
Transmission: Getrag-Ford 6 speed manual
Aspiration: Twin Turbochargers
Horsepower: 352 bhp @ 6200 rpm
Torque: 350 lb-ft @ 3500-5000 rpm
Weight: 2380 lbs
Weight/HP: 6.82 lbs per hp
0-60 mph: 3.7 seconds
Top Speed: 170 mph
Skidpad: 1.22+ G's
Full Specs and Review

Basically, this is a cottage industry British supercar that's imported into the US with it's body and engine seperated to circumvent federal crash-testing and emissions laws. It's then assembled and licensed as a kitcar. Lightweight, good looks, enough power to be fast and fun but not too much to overload the tires and chassis. There's a dark blue GTO-3R in my town that's absolute sex on wheels in person. Frozen!
duality
Always liked Noble. This belongs in the frozen section biggrin.gif
clarkma5
I adore the Noble philosophy. It's intelligence before brute force, and it works brilliantly. Plus it just looks so stunning somehow.
Asher
I never really liked Nobles too much, partly because the handling was always described as 'brilliant', and they just look boring.
infinity
Love it all. The M12 is my favorite Noble to date. Frozen for sure.
tune
It has vaulted* areas in the roof for hardcore track day helmet wearers! Cool!

*Couldn't think of the correct term.
midnightdorifto
Whoever voted uncool gets voted off the island. This car sends chills down my spine.
dukenukem
This car proves i am not a blanket british car hater !
leif
QUOTE(tune @ Dec 7 2006, 07:52 AM) *
It has vaulted* areas in the roof for hardcore track day helmet wearers! Cool!

*Couldn't think of the correct term.

its called a gourney bubble...I think...its cuz dan gourney was so freaking tall they needed to make room for him in some cars.

Aparently when he drove F1 he would sit at an angle, cuz his legs were too long if he sat normally...
tune
Aha
GreyGhost
Is this the same as the M400?

infinity
QUOTE(GreyGhost @ Dec 11 2006, 08:48 PM) *
Is this the same as the M400?
No.

See post #4 here.

Edit: Check out this too.
PBB
The M400 looks identical except for the side intakes. Hawt.gif
is2scooby
I love it, but the front end is a little bland. They need something to break up the vast expanse of hood.
GreyGhost
Cool. Thanks for the education.
moe
Frozen. Made even cooler by the fact that they used to at some point (dunno if they do now) use the engines out of the Ford Escape...
speedyK
The bodies are actually made in South Africa and shipped to the UK for completion of the vehicles.

My bro spoke to Lee Noble at a motorshow several years ago and asked him why they used conventional chassis construction when there were weight-saving and rigidity benefits from using a bonded ally tub, like Lotus do. Noble replied that he didn't care what his chassis were made from it could be chocolate for all he cares it just has to do the job! If it works, then people will buy them and everyone is happy!

So, obviously, not only are the cars frozen, but the boss too! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.