Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche GT3 RS with Gumbal 3000 sticker
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Car Sightings
Matt_L
Spotted in the old port of Montreal! Noticed the Nürburgring sticker too? Man I love Porsches :heart:

And one pic I think turned out great

duality
You make even normal situation/locations look absolutely beautiful. The photos are superb, just like the car. First one is my fav biggrin.gif
Asher
Nice! It's got Connecticut plates, too!
arnge
how did u give it that crisp and slightly blurry effect ?
Matt_L
Thanks duality!

arnge, what do you mean by "crisp and slightly blurry effect ?"?

It was taken with my 18-17mm F3.5-4.5 @ ~F4, that might be the reason?
WardLarson
it's nice and all but it should have spinners
eraser_rx
anyone has a high res pic of the nurburgring logo? tongue.gif
infinity
Did you do anything to the coloring in pic 1?
Matt_L
Yes a little bit.
nismo
QUOTE(arnge @ Nov 19 2006, 11:16 AM) *
how did u give it that crisp and slightly blurry effect ?

The camera is focusing on the car and not the background...
leif
Um, I dont think its an RS, seeing as how the 996 RS wasnt sold in North America.

Furthermore I think its funny that an American car would have a "'ring" sticker on it, considering it would be highly unlikely that this car has seen Europe since it was assembled, unless of course he took European delivery.
Mazdaspeed
cool find.

leif... he's a Porsche owner... if he wanted to goto the nurburgring... he probably did. id take my miata if i could afford it. but im a lowly miata owner.
Cyclone
QUOTE(leif @ Dec 1 2006, 11:29 AM) *
Um, I dont think its an RS, seeing as how the 996 RS wasnt sold in North America.

Furthermore I think its funny that an American car would have a "'ring" sticker on it, considering it would be highly unlikely that this car has seen Europe since it was assembled, unless of course he took European delivery.

I'm sure the car was imported. It has a freakin Gumball sticker on it which it wa sprobably a part of. so I'm sure its been on the ring a few times
Matt_L
Didn't gumball was all around the world last year? And if I'm not mistaken (sp?), they did go on the 'ring. Anyway, I think the car is georgous.
Moogle
Hey guys,

Was directed to this thread by a friend of mine.

I am the owner of the car, and work for Porsche Motorsport Asia.

The car has indeed been imported, and has been around the world a few times. Europe for the Gumball 05, Asia for a private track series based in Shanghai/Hong Kong. Nurburgring spring of last year.

I believe the gentleman who took those pictures was driving an older 5 series, I was actually inside the Auberge Hotel having some lunch smile.gif

We also went to the lovely F1 Circuit for a few laps...

It's funny to see this picture! smile.gif

In any case, Montreal was and is amazing...

leif
is it a true RS?

If so how did you insure it in the US? I was under the impression the RS was never federalized for the Us. Also your car has the bumper from the American version of the Non RS GT3...the one with the two bumps on either side of the licence plate, and a non factory roll cage, from what I can see. (not to mention the non standard paint colour, and wheel colour...but I'm sure Telequipment would take care of those things for some added coin)
Moogle
Yes it is, and there have been a handful of GT3 RS's brought into the USA under special "low mileage"/"show car" (heheh) clauses.

Edit (as per your edit):

*The Bumper is required as part of the homologation,

*The OEM roll cage in the RS is not street legal in the USA and has been removed in favour of another harness supporting OEM the tequipment.

*I have lighter BBS motorsport rims, which were swapped for plain ones for the winter/potholes in the City.
leif
I thought the show and display permits were only given to older cars, like the Porsche 959 Bill Gates bought, which inspired him to persue the change of law.

Hum, there are atcually a few RS's for sale in the US. Cheapest one I found was $108,000 which is only $9,000 more than a 2003 GT3 went for new.

I guess some ppl bought them and didnt like the limmitations of the show and display regulations, and are dumping them...too bad.
AJ01
Definitely a real RS...

Matt, watch out for us again in the coming months (when it gets warmer) - we are in Montreal quite often, and the Auberge du Vieux-Port in Old Montreal is our team's preferred lodging destination. So look out for the same group of Porkers!

Look out for a possible private exhibition of late model Porsches (almost the whole current Porsche product line) at Mont-Tremblant next summer. smile.gif

Cheers,

Alfie
leif
AJ01, this meet wouldn't be during the GP would it (I have a conference in Montreal right fater the GP...so im goin' this year fo-sho)
Moogle
AJ is at work (hahaha)

We usually go right before or after the GP, its far too crowded at that time.

We are planning 3-4 trips next year, probably once a month starting in May/April
leif
do you only accept late model cars in your clique?

once the PhD. is done, and I get paid a living wage again I plan on replacing the RX-7 with a 914 or a 3.0SC.

You probaly know this, but durung the GP Montreal shuts down the streets perpendicular to St. Cathrines, and gives them to local car clubs to display their vehicles...the porsche display is always beautiful, BMW usually has a FW chassis or two on display...its quite an event.
Matt_L
QUOTE(Moogle @ Dec 5 2006, 04:40 PM) *
I believe the gentleman who took those pictures was driving an older 5 series, I was actually inside the Auberge Hotel having some lunch smile.gif

We also went to the lovely F1 Circuit for a few laps...

It's funny to see this picture! smile.gif

In any case, Montreal was and is amazing...

Haha it was me indeed! I was with 3 girls and they were "wtf are you doing!!!!". I told them I had to take pictures of one of the nicest Porsche (and rare) I've seen in MTL!!! Congrats, the car is georgous! Next time you pass by Montreal, PM me or call me (see you pm), and I'd be glad to do a photoshoot either on the Gilles Villeneuve's track or around town, I know some nice spot!

QUOTE(AJ01 @ Dec 5 2006, 05:08 PM) *
Definitely a real RS...

Matt, watch out for us again in the coming months (when it gets warmer) - we are in Montreal quite often, and the Auberge du Vieux-Port in Old Montreal is our team's preferred lodging destination. So look out for the same group of Porkers!

Look out for a possible private exhibition of late model Porsches (almost the whole current Porsche product line) at Mont-Tremblant next summer. smile.gif
Cheers,

Alfie

Same here! When you pass by montreal, Pm me! And next summer I might be an "official" photographer for some events at Tremblant and Autodrome St-Eustache, so we might see each other next year!
leif
it was very nice of him to call your DD an "older 5 series"
nismo
QUOTE(Matt_L @ Dec 5 2006, 11:01 PM) *
I was with 3 girls

baller. biggrin.gif
Matt_L
Hey! It can still looks good... in a certain way tongue.gif

leif
its ghetto-tastic...if you put an M5 engine in that thing it would be the coolest car on DS
Phix
Greatest. Car. Ever.
Synesthesia
Greatest. Photography. Ever.
Westwood Hoover
that was damn cool
i know Nürburgring is great for racers,and drive on it with Porsche 911 GT3 RS will be fantastic.Even if it's a 996

I love Porsche forever~~~

I spotted a Cayman in my city. It must be the first sports car here,haha!
leif
QUOTE(Westwood Hoover @ Dec 24 2006, 05:30 AM) *
that was damn cool
...Even if it's a 996...I love Porsche forever~~~

your not one of those "air cooled or nothing" morons are you?
porschedream
QUOTE(Moogle @ Dec 5 2006, 08:19 PM) *
AJ is at work (hahaha)

We usually go right before or after the GP, its far too crowded at that time.

We are planning 3-4 trips next year, probably once a month starting in May/April

Awesome, next time you come to montreal you must let me know!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.