Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Badass Racecar
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
PBB

I can't find the original Ebay listing for this car but I remember from the listing that this car weighs less than 2000 pounds and has to carry 600+ pounds of ballast to make minimum race weight.
Hawt.gif :heart: drool3.gif
Mazdaspeed
thats fucken awesome
herkalees
I bet it is speedy.
skr
I love STACK gauges.

oh and the car is fucking badass too.
z0ne
F'ing amazing! I bet it sounds awesome and accelerates like crazy due to it's lack of weight and slicks.
Synesthesia
I love how pictures randomly do not work for me. Could you post a link?
PBB
As noted in the original post, I can't find the source of the pics. Any trouble you're having with pics loading is on your end, the host is reliable and working fine right now.
clarkma5
Though I understand that it's good to be below minimum race weight so you can choose where the ballast goes...600 pounds!? That's just overkill.
PBB
Yes, overkill it is. In the Ebay listing, (which I'm still trying to find, I doubt it exists anymore) the seller mentioned that car regularly won it's class. laugh.gif whistle.gif
DakianDelomast
Not a whole lot of RX-7 left in there boss. And ballast isnt always a bad thing because there's advantages to getting to choose where your weight goes.
moe
Hawt.gif
Dr. Strangelove
Id just bolt steel plates to the bottom of the car.
FirestarterCL
eBay listing is here, saw this at another forum. It's just nuts.

Such a sweet car, for the low, low price of $50,000.
redlinehappiness
That's awesome
z0ne
QUOTE(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270036672682)

Question: What is the smaller level infront of the shift knob? It is facing towards the red ignition button.
clarkma5
QUOTE(z0ne @ Oct 12 2006, 04:51 PM) *
Question: What is the smaller level infront of the shift knob? It is facing towards the red ignition button.

My guess is reverse lockout, but I'm not sure.
mitch_f1
WOW, that's AMAZING....i cant get over the amazing cars in America. It coincides with this find last night:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-E30-M3...1QQcmdZViewItem

LOOK AT THE QUALITY IN THAT, amazing, I just wish I was over there, and wish i had the $ tongue.gif
moe
QUOTE(mitch_f1 @ Oct 13 2006, 12:29 PM) *
WOW, that's AMAZING....i cant get over the amazing cars in America. It coincides with this find last night:

LOOK AT THE QUALITY IN THAT, amazing, I just wish I was over there, and wish i had the $ tongue.gif

I wouldn't buy a car on ebay unless the seller had damn near a 100% feedback level...the guy selling that BMW's is pretty low.
Dr. Strangelove
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm E30 M3!!
z0ne
QUOTE(mitch_f1 @ Oct 13 2006, 05:29 AM) *

BBS :heart:
DakianDelomast
The E30 M3 isn't really that great of a car..
mitch_f1
TAKE THAT BACK *cries
moe
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 13 2006, 10:31 PM) *
The E30 M3 isn't really that great of a car..

Autocar magazine says:
Highly tuned four-cylinder delivered scorching performance but the real magic lay with the wonderfully sharp and adjustable chassis.

Autocar > Dakian
leif
Crazy guy who peed in his pants > Dakian

I kid...I kid
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Oct 16 2006, 04:50 PM) *
Autocar magazine says:

Autocar > Dakian

It was good for its time but now its just a big car with a fairly small 4 cylinder engine. The performance leaves a lot to be desired.
leif
I have a soft spot for under-powered cars with exceptional chassis.

Did the E30 M3 really have ajustable suspension?

If so I think It will be on the short list.
PBB
I'm honestly not sure what's meant by "adjustable chassis," the E30 M3 didn't come stock with an adjustable suspension. By today's standards, it's just one of the better 80's shitboxes and parts are expensive as hell. It's possible to spend enough money to get 50 horsepower out of the S14 to buy a 600 bhp crate LS1.
moe
Adjustable chassis...not suspension Leif. It means the cars had a very usuable chassis, as in it's suitable for a bunch of different situations. The Z06 would be an example of a not-very adjustable chassis, it's only great on the track.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Oct 17 2006, 04:02 AM) *
Adjustable chassis...not suspension Leif. It means the cars had a very usuable chassis, as in it's suitable for a bunch of different situations. The Z06 would be an example of a not-very adjustable chassis, it's only great on the track.

DUCK!
moe
GOOSE?
leif
moe, I think you are mixing up ajustable with versitile.

Ajustable means you can make changes...I have never heard the word used in the context to which you are refering.
moe
QUOTE(leif @ Oct 17 2006, 03:29 PM) *
moe, I think you are mixing up ajustable with versitile.

Ajustable means you can make changes...I have never heard the word used in the context to which you are refering.

I'm not Leif. In that context, that's what it means.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.