Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Couple Sightings and a Question
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Car Sightings
Synesthesia

Okay so this Infinity-Skyline business, I know, is old news, but I'm still not sure I get it. There's nothing official about these "Skylines"? They're just G35s with varying degrees of modification and badge changes? Looks good at least...

Pretty decent looking RX-7, I think. I wanted to hear it go, but alas, no movement. I see it nearly ever day too, but it's always parked.
Phix
Wow, I love that RX-7.

The G35 is a Skyline in Japan. It's as simple as that. In North America it's sold as a G35.
infinity
Is the "350GT" badge stock on Japanese skylines, too? I dont see why anyone would want that AND Skyline on the back of their G35/Skyline.
skr
That's the R34's successor. Our Infiniti G35 is just a rebadged Nissan Skyline GT350.
nismo
QUOTE(skr @ Oct 4 2006, 02:25 PM) *
That's the R34's successor.

unsucessful =/
Synesthesia
QUOTE(skr @ Oct 4 2006, 02:25 PM) *
That's the R34's successor. Our Infiniti G35 is just a rebadged Nissan Skyline GT350.

So then you're saying this one is an import?
Dr. Strangelove
Probably just a G35 with JDM logos.

Edit* Yup, its left hand drive.
PBB
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Oct 11 2006, 12:46 AM) *
So then you're saying this one is an import?

In Japan, there is no Acura, Infiniti or Lexus. The seperately branded luxury cars in the US are all sold under the same name in Japan. Lot's of people here in the states think it's shit hot to rebadge their cars to JDM specs. So Acura RSXs become Honda Integras, Lexus IS300s become Toyota Altezzas and, as you've seen, Infiniti G35s become Nissan Skylines.
Synesthesia
QUOTE(Dr. Strangelove @ Oct 11 2006, 02:12 PM) *
Probably just a G35 with JDM logos.

Edit* Yup, its left hand drive.

Oh yeah, duh. blush.gif

QUOTE(PBB @ Oct 11 2006, 07:15 PM) *
In Japan, there is no Acura, Infiniti or Lexus. The seperately branded luxury cars in the US are all sold under the same name in Japan. Lot's of people here in the states think it's shit hot to rebadge their cars to JDM specs. So Acura RSXs become Honda Integras, Lexus IS300s become Toyota Altezzas and, as you've seen, Infiniti G35s become Nissan Skylines.

Haha alright, I got it. Morons...
fiber optic
QUOTE(PBB @ Oct 11 2006, 06:15 PM) *
Lot's of people here in the states think it's shit hot

That's only around 99 degrees, slightly higher if you have a fever.

The wing on the RX7 seems a bit wild, is that stock?
clarkma5
Ewww mille miglias on that RX-7. Clean looking perhaps, but god they are terrible wheels.
350Z
I don't think that spoiler is stock.
Megadeus
QUOTE(PBB @ Oct 11 2006, 04:15 PM) *
In Japan, there is no Acura, Infiniti or Lexus.

Lexus Japan wave.gif
PBB
*In Japan, there is no Acura, Infiniti or up until August of 2005, Lexus. wink.gif
That's still 302,895 vehicles that could be rebadged to their JDM equivalent.
Synesthesia
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Oct 19 2006, 02:25 PM) *
Ewww mille miglias on that RX-7. Clean looking perhaps, but god they are terrible wheels.

Yeah, don't they look so cheap?

QUOTE(350Z @ Oct 19 2006, 02:33 PM) *
I don't think that spoiler is stock.

No way that's stock.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.