Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Festiva "SHO"
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
UserDrew
Ebay Auction

moe
Holy crap, you do realize the Festiva used to be a Kia Pride right? This is so awesome.
UserDrew
Forums are running slowly for me.

3.0litre (Im guessing) SHO V6 with 220hp and 200 ftlbs in a car that weighs 598 pounds. Awesome. But it's still a festiva.
PAULIE_D
^ 598 kg?

Roughly 1400 lbs I think. Not too shabby.
McKhaos
Still FWD ?

PASS .
milkmandan
QUOTE(McKhaos @ Aug 28 2006, 06:36 AM) *
Still FWD ?

PASS .

With a midmounted transverse engine, I doubt it. Also the fact there's no driveshafts visable in the front underbody picture...
Marien
Q: Can it be used on the highway? Does the air conditioning work and where is it located? Is it still a front wheel drive?

A: It certainly can be used on the highway but keep in mind it is fairly noisy due to location of engine.I've been told there is a noise barrier made for this car that can be installed but I know nothing about it.It is rear wheel drive. Thanks
fiber optic
Haha me likey...a lot.
Phix
What's the point if the chassis blows?

Which brings me to my next question: does the chassis blow?
UserDrew
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Aug 28 2006, 02:24 AM) *
^ 598 kg?

Roughly 1400 lbs I think. Not too shabby.

725 kg, about 1600 lbs. I forgot to enter the 1.
z0ne
The American version of the Clio... thumbs_up.gif in my book
Mr b00st
it's an automatic?

DS_Skeptical2.gif
porschedream
SHO me the money!
fiber optic
QUOTE(Phix @ Aug 28 2006, 11:22 AM) *

Because it's awesome and probably.
moe
QUOTE(Phix @ Aug 28 2006, 07:22 PM) *

To my knowledge the Festiva is a rebadged Kia Pride which itself was based upon a Mazda 121 preceding the Ford Fiesta-based model; and the awkward, quirky, but lovable sedan 121. So it's a really, really old platform, and is probably shit.

Mazda 121

Kia Pride
XdrewsiferX
QUOTE(McKhaos @ Aug 28 2006, 03:36 AM) *
Still FWD ?

PASS .

If you look at one of the under body photos you can see that it is not FWD anymore they swung the motor around 180 degrees so it is backwards. It all works out!

QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Aug 28 2006, 12:13 PM) *
it's an automatic?

DS_Skeptical2.gif

The SHO only came in auto except for the very rare first year. The autos they do have are great one able to handle a lot of power. I have a friend who is putting out around 320hp in his and has no issue on the stock tranny.
Windshield
Aren't these things called Shoguns?
UserDrew
SHOguns where limited in number and not produced by ford. I don't know if this is an authentic shogun or not. Only 7 SHOguns were made. It also says in the auction that it's a replica SHOgun.
Megadeus
QUOTE(XdrewsiferX @ Aug 29 2006, 08:23 AM) *
The SHO only came in auto except for the very rare first year. The autos they do have are great one able to handle a lot of power. I have a friend who is putting out around 320hp in his and has no issue on the stock tranny.

The 3rd gen SHOs w/ the Yamaha V8s only came w/ an AT. The 1st & early 2nd gen SHOs were only available w/ MT until Ford added the AT option in '93 for the 2nd gens. AT-equipped 2nd gens came w/ a 3.2L V6 vs. the 3.0L in the MT cars.

The real Shoguns were built by Chuck Beck (famous for his 356 Speedster & 550 Spyder replicas). They had box flares front & rear along w/ other exclusive bodywork, 5-speed MT, wider front track since they replaced the Festiva suspension parts w/ SHO parts, a racing fuel cell under the hood instead of a transplanted OEM one, 2-point roll bar that was part of the new rear structure for the SHO drivetrain.

Leno bought a silver one, was featured in a few car mags. He added NOS and used it as a daily driver. On his first day as the new host of the Tonight Show, he drove the Shogun to the studio and did a burnout on camera in what was claimed to be Johnny's old parking space.
RallyCat909
Hell, Id rally....I mean I drive the wheels off that mug.
PBB
SHOguns are one of those rare cars that manage to be really badass and lame at the same time. And, gawd, I want one. DS_Naughty2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.