Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No longer a moderator?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Forum Issues > Issues & Suggestions
White RSX
Well fuck you too.
Diesel
sad.gif didn't mean to hurt your feelings bro. just wanted mods who are more "behind the scenes" and less confrontational. but i guess your reaction justifies my actions.
White RSX
Behind the scenes? I post like once or twice. Anyways, I wash my hands of you.

Edit: Also, the only moderation I have done for the past several months was rename threads, move threads, lock threads.
DakianDelomast
Oh so I guess you like the SS type of moderators that randomly delete confrontational posts and fuck around with people's personal information.

THAT'S COOL.
porsche944
who gives two shits if you are a moderator or not, now you dont have to deal with the hassle of "renaming and moving threads". The fact that you all are complaining about it completely justifies his decision anyways. Go hang out with some real people and the ability to rename threads and herd strangers on the internet might not seem so important
DakianDelomast
Stfu pothead.
trail_boss2
Theres nothing wrong with being confrontational anyways. Are you trying not to hurt peoples E-feelings?
porsche944
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Aug 22 2006, 02:12 PM) *
Stfu pothead.

Well in your defense, you do bring great insight into every thread you post in. I mean it must have been years since ive seen something insightful/inteligent come from you. Keep up the good work, but make sure you start new posts in the right forum because you wont be able to move them afterwords wink.gif
White RSX
QUOTE(porsche944 @ Aug 22 2006, 10:08 AM) *
who gives two shits if you are a moderator or not, now you dont have to deal with the hassle of "renaming and moving threads". The fact that you all are complaining about it completely justifies his decision anyways. Go hang out with some real people and the ability to rename threads and herd strangers on the internet might not seem so important

Personally I'd prefer to have myself as a moderator because I felt as though I knew I was doing my job. But now we have no muscle behind the moderation. Go ahead and take your Schutzstaffel style moderators, however it won't go over well. Insults and playful shots are the nature of the internet, and there's no stopping it. I would rather our banter be in public rather than behind a veil of PMs.

You're destroying the very foundation that this forum was built upon - fun.
Cyclone
I actually agree with White RSX. I thought all the mods were doing a good job and if you ask most of the members they agree too. Why change shit when things are going fine? I think this decision was very lame and not thought out. It wasn't even discussed with any of us which I also think is unfair. Sure this is your forum but remember pissing off the people that try to help you run it doesn't make it a better place.
clarkma5
I thought a lot more of White RSX as a moderator before this thread. I don't think I quite care for his all-knowing tone on what DS is and should be, as that tends to discourage discussion on the moderating team for major changes.
White RSX
If you lost respect for me as a moderator you're reading the thread wrong.
Diesel
QUOTE(White RSX @ Aug 22 2006, 12:24 PM) *
You're destroying the very foundation that this forum was built upon - fun.

i really don't wanna get into it.. buy the reason for the recent changes was because of exactly THAT.

The forums weren't FUN.

I noticed that almost every thread had some sort of name calling, insulting, downward spiral and i wasn't like it at all. It's not very welcoming to new users. While i understand that arguments and differences of opinions are the lifeblood of every forum, insults and general "you're stupid dumbshit" is not. And the way to change it, is by leading by example.

So a change in leaders is where we need to start. All the current mods are NOT confrontational, and NOT quick to hurl insults.. and are usually pretty level headed.

Don't take this decision personally.. it's for the good and growth of the forums.
Cyclone
Well of course there is going to be confrontation when majority of the mod crew were some of the top posters on the board........................
dukenukem
stop whining bitches.
Phix
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Aug 22 2006, 09:38 PM) *
stop whining bitches.

ditto

no point in crying over spilt milk
Dylan
QUOTE(Phix @ Aug 22 2006, 10:07 PM) *
no point in crying over spilt milk

Uhh, sorry about that. That's not milk.
White RSX
QUOTE(Diesel @ Aug 22 2006, 03:20 PM) *
That

I have not said "You're a stupid dumbshit." or anything of the like. While your changes may seem proper, they are not. Cyclone may be an ass, but he got stuff done. Who moved and locked the spammer invasion? Cyclone. I have as of yet to see any proof as to how I am a confrontational mod besides my posts. Cyclone? Sure, I could see why you would strip him of his power, he's abused his power here and there, but as for myself, custodial work at best. Find me ONE action I took that would make me lose my moderation of this forum.
ShinRa
pervert dylan.
porschedream
Yay for E-Drama
White RSX
Actually drama isn't this dry.

I just want physical proof.
DakianDelomast
Spurious reasoning at its finest.
clarkma5
God, you shaws are all uppity ain'tcha?
midnightdorifto
midnightdorifto for moderator '06.
dukenukem
QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ Aug 22 2006, 11:10 PM) *
midnightdorifto for moderator '06.

PciturezZ
White RSX
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 22 2006, 08:02 PM) *
God, you shaws are all uppity ain'tcha?

You act as though you're not next Clark.
Diesel
UGH. ONCE AND FOR ALL. THE DECISION HAS BEEN MADE.

IT WAS NOT PERSONAL SO DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY.

I FELT THERE NEEDED TO BE A CHANGE. SO I FUCKING CHANGED IT. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.. TOUGH. THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY.

I have been feeling like the forums are filled with anger and resentment and not very welcoming. Especially towards new members. Most especially towards noobs. I want the forums to grow, and multiply and bring more people with different views and opinions. But the current state of DS prohibits that.

So i decided to change the people in power. Simply, those 3 mods names stood out in my head. Maybe not WRSX so much, but in any event, the decision has been made. I'm not telling you to change the way you act on the forums, i'm just changing the people who represent DS.
DakianDelomast
Translation, Diesel is a greedy bitch who got high and fired all the mods that did shit and is now going to be inconsistent and stick with his decision. Good game.

Well, not me, I didn't do anything, but I thought that was the point behind my job.
porsche944
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Aug 22 2006, 07:27 PM) *
Well of course there is going to be confrontation when majority of the mod crew were some of the top posters on the board........................

... top posters of spam, insults, and annoying gifs of cats dancing
moe
I think you need some brown moderators...*nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* you know to keep the forum all politically correct and all...
porsche944
i dont understand what all the fuss is about having to be a moderator, if you have to beg for it *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* you probably dont deserve the position
moe
QUOTE(porsche944 @ Aug 23 2006, 08:45 PM) *
i dont understand what all the fuss is about having to be a moderator, if you have to beg for it *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* you probably dont deserve the position

Uhh...I didn't really want to be a mod, but that's cool...
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(porsche944 @ Aug 23 2006, 01:45 PM) *

I suggest you quit at life while you're ahead.
duality
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Aug 23 2006, 09:50 AM) *
I suggest you quit at life while you're ahead.

Talking about rules...you probably make the most negative remarks on this forum ^^
DakianDelomast
Thanks.
trail_boss2
QUOTE(porsche944 @ Aug 23 2006, 01:01 PM) *
... top posters of spam, insults, and annoying gifs of cats dancing

I guess you missed the fact that it was a fucking OFF TOPIC forum.
porsche944
haha i can't beleive you all get so worked up over this stuff, a top poster who posts primaraly in the "fucking off topic forum" is not the best contributor to the forums
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(porsche944 @ Aug 23 2006, 06:47 PM) *
haha i can't beleive you all get so worked up over this stuff, a top poster who posts primaraly in the "fucking off topic forum" is not the best contributor to the forums

I can promise you that there are pieces of sod that have contributed more to this forum than you have. smile.gif
Phix
Dakian, weren't you the one who gave up your own modship/adminship (whatever it was) a while ago because you knew yourself you'd just abuse your power back then? But you just ended up the local mod for a rarely used 'Cool Wall' sub-forum and didn't do much (nor really have the power to do much beyond that forum) and now I don't get it why you're here bitching.
DakianDelomast
I could get less than two shits about my modship, but I'm more arguing for the sake of my brother WRSX and cyclone. The only difference for me now is people wont accuse me of being a mod when I wasn't.
clarkma5
OMFG guys, seriously, it's diesel's board, he pays for the bandwidth, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. He didn't like how his moderating team was running things, so he CHANGED things. As far as I'm concerned, diesel could change the forum into something about knitting and we'd be forced to either take it or leave it.

As a personal aside, I'm not about to stand here and assume my adminship is safe. If diesel wants me gone I'd like it known that he can get rid of me and I'd be fine with it; it's not like I come here much anyway. However, as long as he sees fit to entrust me with the job, I will do the best I can.

I think this thread is far too retarded to continue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.