Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Its here!
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
Pages: 1, 2
dukenukem
So yeah, i did take the plunge into the oceans of lunacy and bought a 2006 STI. I know am gonna get shit for chosing the Silver grey color and white wheels but overall it looks quite awesome in person. Plus, it doesnt stand out as boy racery in this color so it shouldnt stand out in front of every single cop on the road.

Sorry about the lack of pictures right now but i will rectify it as soon as i get home. biggrin.gif

Sorry about the crappy cellphone pics. I promise to get some half decent pictures real soon.
leif
Good choice...If they weren't so expensive here in canada I might consider picking one of those up!

Cant wait for pictures.
A32
That is awesome. I can't wait to see the pics.
NorthPoint
Congratulations.

Now go and buy lots of anti-theft devices.
McKhaos
I hate you .
Spike23
Awesome yea, get your anti theft stuff in check. =)
z0ne
You got SGM on .. white? huh.gif
dukenukem
i did get the uprated security sensor and probably will get lojack soon enough.
goota
DUKEEEEEEE YESSSSS

i cant wait for pics man!!! XD
Benny
you beat PBB to it !!
Pking688
Nice, make sure to keep the speed in check.
dukenukem
Updated

I love my parents biggrin.gif
z0ne
CGM isn't my favourite colour for the STI, but, awesome anyway! Just wait for 1,001mi to roll around and all hell will break loose! Congrats on the purchase, Mihir!
porschedream
Awesome car! Duke, your next job is to go get the Cobb Tuning stage 1 kit. It's just an ECU chip that gives you a quality 20hp gain. It's worth it though, but you will start having to run 94 octane. You'd alsomight want to consider a turboback exhaust from Tanabe, owh my the sound is produces drool3.gif

I have a friend who has an 02 WRX with a Cobb Stage 1 and 2, Tanabe turboback exhaust 1" lowered wit the STi hood scoop, my god is it ever fast and sexy.
Benny
QUOTE(porschedream @ Aug 13 2006, 03:22 PM) *
Awesome car! Duke, your next job is to go get the Cobb Tuning stage 1 kit. It's just an ECU chip that gives you a quality 20hp gain. It's worth it though, but you will start having to run 94 octane. You'd alsomight want to consider a turboback exhaust from Tanabe, owh my the sound is produces drool3.gif

I have a friend who has an 02 WRX with a Cobb Stage 1 and 2, Tanabe turboback exhaust 1" lowered wit the STi hood scoop, my god is it ever fast and sexy.

tongue_crossed-eyes.gif tanabe
:heart: R*SR
z0ne
The only decent thing Tanabe makes is springs. Boo to their exhaust kits.
Mazdaspeed
all wrx exhausts sounds similiar anyways... sexy as hell
Dylan
You're terrible at chosing colors. That is all.
PAULIE_D
Awesome. Congrats! But if I were you, I'd ditch the roof spoiler.

P.S. It makes me jealous to see how affordable these cars are in the U.S.

My friend bought a 2004 STi brand new and it ended up costing him $53,000 Canadian including freight & taxes and interest on his loan payments.
dukenukem

some relatively better pics.

Thanks for the comments guys biggrin.gif
moe
Dude I'm going to give you man sechs for this...good color choice btw...
z0ne
Turbo-back exhaust.
FMIC.
Cobb ECU flash.
Intake.
SS kit.
Lowering springs.
And, for the love of god, no BOV.
Pking688
It still has the intercooler spray button right??
z0ne
Duh.
Benny
QUOTE(z0ne @ Aug 14 2006, 08:31 AM) *
Turbo-back exhaust.
FMIC.
Cobb ECU flash.
Intake.
SS kit.
Lowering springs.
And, for the love of god, no BOV.

he doesnt need the FMIC the STi TMIC is good for atleast 350hp.
z0ne
It looks better and gets better airflow. Plus, if he's got the money, why not?
moe
Btw...that roof spoiler...is it functional?
clarkma5
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Aug 14 2006, 01:01 PM) *
Btw...that roof spoiler...is it functional?

yes it is.
Benny
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 14 2006, 05:01 PM) *
yes it is.

it stablizes the air that goes over the rear wing if im correct? like the vortex generators on the evo MR
dukenukem
Anyone think a $350 short throw shifter is a good investment ? that includes installation.
Benny
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Aug 14 2006, 05:25 PM) *
Anyone think a $350 short throw shifter is a good investment ? that includes installation.

is it the factory installed one?
dukenukem
QUOTE(Benny @ Aug 14 2006, 07:27 PM) *
is it the factory installed one?

yep
z0ne
Duke: I've been told the SPT SS isn't bad, but that the KART-BOY one is 50x better. They are super easy to install, even a brown man can do it.
leif

Now its duke's car!

(yes I'm Jealous!)
z0ne
...what?
clarkma5
It's a tissue box, z0ne.

Because duke is indian. har har.
dukenukem
QUOTE(z0ne @ Aug 14 2006, 07:32 PM) *
Duke: I've been told the SPT SS isn't bad, but that the KART-BOY one is 50x better. They are super easy to install, even a brown man can do it.

But it goes against my policy of physical labour ... but i guess its about time a learn it blush.gif
z0ne
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 14 2006, 11:52 PM) *
It's a tissue box, z0ne.

Because duke is indian. har har.

Like I said on IRC, of all the images of tissue boxes that Google Images comes up with, leif chooses the one that best resembles an acid-induced MS Paint project ... tard.gif

QUOTE(dukenukem @ Aug 14 2006, 11:54 PM) *
But it goes against my policy of physical labour ... but i guess its about time a learn it blush.gif

It will take .. 35-50min tops if you aren't a retard.
Easton
OMG! CONGRATS!!!

GREAT Choice of colour IMO biggrin.gif Silver is really the best.
z0ne
CGM != PSM. Or for those not in the Subaru community: Crystal Grey Metallic(duke's colour) does not equal Platinum Silver Metallic.

CGM is darker.

Edit:

PSM, left. CGM, right.

PAULIE_D
Re: Leif's tissue box photoshop

C'mon now... most hardcore Indian-types have to encase their tissue boxes in an ornate gold coloured box. And don't forget the matching crown air freshener for the dashboard.

-----------------------------

QUOTE(Easton @ Aug 15 2006, 12:45 AM) *
OMG! CONGRATS!!!

GREAT Choice of colour IMO biggrin.gif Silver is really the best.

C'mon now..

I don't want to diss Duke but blue exterior with gold wheels is the only choice in my opinion.
clarkma5
White with Gold is far and away my favorite STi color combo, especially on the '06s.
z0ne
As much as I'm not ususally a fan of white cars, Aspen White on bronze looks amazing on the 2006 STI's.
moe
Blue with gold to a Subaru what red is to a Ferrari...it just HAS to be done...that said I still think Duke's color is great...then again my car is about the same color...
Mr b00st
took me about an hour to install my short shift kit.

the only hard part is lining up the splines on the selector shaft. It can be a bitch.
fiber optic
I'm going to visit and demand a ride.
Import vs. Domestic
Goddamn f*cking greedy-arse Canadian manufacturers... if it was priced appropriately, I'd be able to buy one up here!

That's my way of saying congratulations, I'm jealous! drool3.gif

And you'll get no knocking of your choice in colour from me. I like the colour for the same reason as you... less detection from the po-po. Speaking of which, are you going to keep the rear spoiler (s) or go for a stealthier look?
dukenukem
QUOTE(Import vs. Domestic @ Aug 16 2006, 11:37 PM) *
Goddamn f*cking greedy-arse Canadian manufacturers... if it was priced appropriately, I'd be able to buy one up here!

That's my way of saying congratulations, I'm jealous! drool3.gif

And you'll get no knocking of your choice in colour from me. I like the colour for the same reason as you... less detection from the po-po. Speaking of which, are you going to keep the rear spoiler (s) or go for a stealthier look?

the spoiler is here to stay ! though i am gonna get dark tinted windows soon
midnightdorifto
Saturday - you learn how to heel-toe and get some decent pictures.
z0ne
20-30% tint should do the trick, Mihir. You don't want to look like some rapper in an Escalade.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.