Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1960 Plymouth Valiant
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
UserDrew
The Plymouth Valiant was an automobile manufactured by the Plymouth division of Chrysler Corporation in the United States from 1960 to 1976. It was created to give the company an entry in the compact car market which was emerging in the late 1950s. The vehicle was brought to the US from Austrilia such as the Holden Manaro was brought to the US. It sported a 225 Cubic inch Slant-6 (which was bolted onto an FR-A body platfrom)that had an output of somewhere between 101 to 115 rwhp. The slant-6 engine pushed the 2,700 lb car from 0-60 in 13 seconds with the 3 speed manual or 0-60 in 16.7 with the automatic. 8 Valiants where raced at daytona in 1961 they all placed in the top 8. The Torsion-Aire suspension was quite advanced, with lengthwise unequal-length control arms and torsion bars up front and the de rigeur leaf springs in back giving the car a great ride.

clarkma5
My friend had a '72 Valiant Scamp with the slant-6 (I think it was the 198) and it had run and run for ages and ages by the time he had sold it (at least 350,000 miles on its original engine and tranny, though the tranny was starting to slip pretty bad at that point...)

I dunno, I think they're cool. There's something cool about having an old american car that wasn't a muscle car but was still worthwhile.
fiber optic
It's cool in that at one time this was considered a compact car. That and the sound of the big steel doors closing on these old American beasts is one of my favorite sounds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.