Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vanwall GPR V12
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
clarkma5
Hard to find info. for this...but...

Specs:
-~350 HP 6.0 liter 6-carb XJS V12
-4-speed E-type gearbox (5 or 6-speed available)
-Lightweight rolled aluminum construction
-0-60 in 4.5 seconds
-Top speed of 150 MPH
-~1000 kg weight (2200 pounds)
-Starts at 50,000 pounds

In summary, the Vanwall GPR V12 is a replica of the 1958 F1 Championship winning car, though not a very faithful one. For starters, it has triple the displacement and triple the cylinder count of the original, has had its proportions changed for various reason, has fatter and smaller diameter wheels, etc. A couple customers have even ordered them with Ferrari V12s, so, all in all, it's hardly an authentic machine. It is, however, beautiful, and beautifully built...the rolled aluminum body is extremely expensive but just exquisite to behold. It's also very fast, with a bespoke retro cockpit and reasonably benign handling. So how cool is it?

Phix
You bet your dirty ass this is frozen.
Cyclone
This car is frozen. Seriously, you really cant get any cooler than a road legal modern version tube of death. Especially with a V12 powerplant! drool3.gif I bet this car is a blast!
PBB
Any car that looks like a pissed off torpedo is solidly Cool. Road legal, undeniably Frozen. I want one with a J-ported 13B 'twist my shoulder blades, though.
clarkma5
QUOTE(PBB @ May 25 2006, 06:37 PM) *
Any car that looks like a pissed off torpedo is solidly Cool. Road legal, undeniably Frozen. I want one with a J-ported 13B 'twist my shoulder blades, though.

it's front engined.
Asher
It's cool, but it's frikkin' heavy. 50,000 pounds? tongue.gif

Hehe, I'm so damn funny.
Yeah, it's cool.
PBB
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ May 25 2006, 09:38 PM) *
it's front engined.

I know. I'm just saying if I were to be buying a pseudo-replica vintage Gran Prix car, it would be mid-engined and rotary.
Windshield
Those tire lookalike fenders are kinda lame. Its about as cool as a Shelby Cobra replica, which is not much at all. Uncool.
clarkma5
QUOTE(Windshield @ May 25 2006, 07:00 PM) *
Those tire lookalike fenders are kinda lame. Its about as cool as a Shelby Cobra replica, which is not much at all. Uncool.

Yeah, I think the tire tread fenders are dumb; they're basically the only part of the car I don't like.

As for comparing it to a Cobra replica...at least this doesn't scream "LOOK AT MY MIDLIFE CRISIS CAR".
Phix
clark you should set it up so that anyone who votes anything besides Frozen gets an automatic permaban. :o
dukenukem
Its a fake. Its beautiful but its still a fake. Uncool.
midnightdorifto
+1 for dukenukem. Annoyingly phoney.
trail_boss2
I voted uncool. The car doesnt look like it would be that fun to drive and its ugly as hell, it reminds me of the ambiguously(sp) gay duo car.
clarkma5
QUOTE(trail_boss2 @ May 26 2006, 12:28 AM) *
I voted uncool. The car doesnt look like it would be that fun to drive and its ugly as hell, it reminds me of the ambiguously(sp) gay duo car.

Ok, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but how on earth could a 360 HP V12-powered open-wheel F1-style car that weighs a metric ton be anything less than a blast to drive?
ExoticTuner
It looks beautiful, and surely it'll be an adrenalin pump for some B-Road blasting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.