Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An events section
Dieselstation Car Forums > Forum Issues > Issues & Suggestions
tune
I have some pics from yesterday at the John Haynes Museum (uploading soon) and it got me thinking would it be a good idea to have an 'events' or 'shows' sub forum; because should this type of thing go in Photography or the Car Garage?

Thoughts?
ZonDa
QUOTE(tune @ May 2 2006, 01:30 PM) *
I have some pics from yesterday at the John Haynes Museum (uploading soon) and it got me thinking would it be a good idea to have an 'events' or 'shows' sub forum; because should this type of thing go in Photography or the Car Garage?

Thoughts?

defanatily, because i know my monaco shots wernt up to the easton chang, purezerg, matt_l and the likes, but it was more than a sighting
DakianDelomast
How about no?
dukenukem
we need more subforums ! i want a sub forums to include all suggestions for new sub forums.
BlackJack
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno.

kthx.

it just cramps the forums more. i love it the way it is now :heart:
PBB
QUOTE(tune @ May 2 2006, 08:30 AM) *

Thoughts?

Definitely not.

Overly specific subforums get practically no traffic. Just look at the old "Request/Offer a Photoshoot" subforums.
350Z
Where should thing's like show pictures go?
bankE46
just use the calendar
350Z
I mean where should we post pictures if we have just been to a motorshow or something similar and have a large amount of pictures to post?
PBB
QUOTE(The Nissan 350z rocks @ May 2 2006, 08:45 PM) *
I mean where should we post pictures if we have just been to a motorshow or something similar and have a large amount of pictures to post?

If the pics are high quality like these, then post them in the Photography section.
If the pics are just average snapshots like these, then post them in the Car Garage.
If the pics are crappy camera pics like these, then post them in Car Sightings.

That appears to be the general rule that most people follow.
infinity
Maybe a pinned topic in the photography subforum?
clarkma5
Yes, we have a calendar for a reason.
moe
QUOTE(PBB @ May 3 2006, 04:04 AM) *
If the pics are just average snapshots like these, then post them in the Car Garage.

Average huh? Not bad considering I took them with my phone's camera.
tune
How do you use the Calendar to post pictures?

Also, my pictures do not relate to an event, so I will post them in the Car Garage anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.