Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: White Skyrhine GT
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Car Sightings
nismo
Well, apparently the owner of a graphics shop owns this, and I saw it there back when it was totally stock. It used to be somewhat attractive. Then my friend messages me to show me what it looks like now. tard.gif

Ugh. Poor skyrhine.
duality
That just fucking ugly.
Cyclone
Stop spelling it like that >_<
nismo
But that the fanboy way!
Jekyll_2005
ah, thats a shame.... bleh.gif
z0ne
sick.gif there are so many things wrong with that sad.gif
DakianDelomast
I kinda like it.
PBB
At least that didn't happen to a good car.

Is that an S15 Silvia hood badge? Sure looks like it...
clarkma5
The back is stupid (retarded wing and ridiculous skirt) but I like the front a lot and the wheels are pretty sharp. I'll rate the side skirts as inoffensive and overall call it cool but flawed.
Mr b00st
wretched.
darinzon
QUOTE(nismo @ May 1 2006, 09:51 AM) *
But that the fanboy way!

you mean the "german" way
Megadeus
QUOTE(PBB @ May 1 2006, 07:09 PM) *
At least that didn't happen to a good car.

Is that an S15 Silvia hood badge? Sure looks like it...

Hard to tell in the pics, but the RWD R34s used an 'S' badge on the hoods too. The S15 'S' is more like a lightning bolt, while the R34's looks like an angular 'S'.

And I really hate that drift-style body kit on that white Skyline.
Mazdaspeed
wow... first skyline i didnt like. a lot.
Halflifehavock13
I like what they did to the front bumper (reminds me of the r32). But other than that, bleh.
infinity
Thats honestly one of the most hideous spoilers i've ever seen. The rear end of this car totally ruins it. The front/sides/rims aren't that bad though. Someone should try chopping the back, i bet it would look decent with a new rear end.
skyboard
Hahaha

That spoiler looks like a boomerang or somethin

How could you ruin a perfectly good Skyline? head.gif
infinity
it looks like a park bench gone wrong
soarer
at least he didnt wreck a GTR, only a crappy GTS-T
leif
I thought the only way to get R34s in the US was to import them through moto-rex...is this one of them?
clarkma5
There's more than one US skyline importer...I know there's one not too far from where I live.
nismo
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ May 1 2006, 10:00 PM) *
I kinda like it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Drift kit, but the front lip got cracked, so he repaired it with stickers (basically concealed the crack) then the tint is HIDEOUS. If it were flat black, it would kick ass. If he lost the spoiler, got flat black tint, and painted the front lip white to match the rest of the car (after painting it white), I would like it.
fiber optic
remove body cladding and hideous wing
win
Megadeus
QUOTE(leif @ May 3 2006, 12:59 AM) *
I thought the only way to get R34s in the US was to import them through moto-rex...is this one of them?

Not anymore. Motorex went under and former owner Hiroaki Nanahoshi was arrested recently and is under investigation for various charges.
fiber optic
QUOTE(Megadeus @ May 3 2006, 07:52 AM) *
under investigation for various charges.

Let me guess, importing contraband?
leif
^there was a refugee in the trunk of every car he imported.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(Megadeus @ May 3 2006, 08:52 AM) *
Not anymore. Motorex went under and former owner Hiroaki Nanahoshi was arrested recently and is under investigation for various charges.

They never were. A person could import their own skyline and convert it completely independent of the fucktards at motorrex.
Megadeus
QUOTE(fiber optic @ May 3 2006, 09:38 AM) *
Let me guess, importing contraband?

Probably could have kept the company afloat a little while longer if he did.

Fraud and theft definitely, also heard about assault, extortion and kidnapping.

QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ May 3 2006, 04:41 PM) *
They never were. A person could import their own skyline and convert it completely independent of the fucktards at motorrex.

Anybody can import one, getting it actually street legal is another problem entirely. Newest model an individual could easily import and drive on the street under the 25 year old rule is the R30.

R32s & R34s aren't even on NHTSA's approved import list anymore, only the '96-98 R33s. And those models still need OBD-II to pass emissions. To get an R32 or R34 street legal, an individual would have to front the money for crash testing extra cars & EPA cert. testing, as well as getting OBD-II working on the R34s.
Phix
QUOTE(soarer @ May 3 2006, 02:45 AM) *
at least he didnt wreck a GTR, only a crappy GTS-T

Hey, the RWD Skylines are just as awesome. tongue.gif
BiGG B
that back bumper just makes it horrible.
PBB
QUOTE(Megadeus @ May 3 2006, 10:25 PM) *
R32s & R34s aren't even on NHTSA's approved import list anymore, only the '96-98 R33s. And those models still need OBD-II to pass emissions. To get an R32 or R34 street legal, an individual would have to front the money for crash testing extra cars & EPA cert. testing, as well as getting OBD-II working on the R34s.

How does this affect all the R32s and R34s already in the country? Aren't they exempt since they've already been certified as road legal?
Megadeus
I'd guess the R32s & R34s already "legalized" should be fine, since they have all the necessary paperwork. I doubt that NHTSA would send out stormtroopers to confiscate them all.

The other R32s & R34s that were awaiting work and stuck in impound lot limbo, I think I read that NHTSA would try to help those owners, but who knows.
Cyclone
Is any one else bothered by Nismo always calling it a Skyrhine? The first time its okay but after several times you start to think hes a bit stupid or something ;p
Phix
QUOTE(Cyclone @ May 16 2006, 12:59 AM) *
Is any one else bothered by Nismo always calling it a Skyrhine? The first time its okay but after several times you start to think hes a bit stupid or something ;p

Well, it IS nismo.
fiber optic
QUOTE(Cyclone @ May 15 2006, 11:59 PM) *

something something something nobody really cares
White RSX
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ May 1 2006, 06:00 PM) *
I kinda like it.

I do.

It's really JDM and VIP style. Fits the car.
wilch
that guy needs to pull that wing off.

That's the stock rear wing btw...
trail_boss2
QUOTE(wilch @ Jun 1 2006, 06:44 AM) *

I have never seen a skyline with that wing.
Phix
QUOTE(wilch @ Jun 1 2006, 06:44 AM) *
that guy needs to pull that wing off.

Stock?

Stock.

Before I call you a complete fuckwad let me show you a picture. smile.gif

The wing on that abomination of a Skyline is aftermarket, fuckwad. smile.gif

I do believe a nismo wing. No, that isn't stock.
PBB
The wing on the sky Skyline nismo posted is a Nismo R34 GTT wing, it's not stock equipment in any market.

This is the stock wing on GTTs, it's a single plane version of the GT-R wing Phix posted.

So you're both wrong. smile.gif
wilch
fuckwad aye? smile.gif

How bout you compare apples with apples. That is a GTR fuckwad. Kinda different.

Nismo = available from factory, and factory = "stock equipment".

So excuse me dickwad, may I call you dickwad? lol eh, ah well. You guys are too funny.

It's an ugly stock wing tongue.gif
I still say he needs to take the fucking thing off the car.
nismo
Actually, if you want nismo accessories in japan, you have to order it seperately, then take your car to nismo to install. Or just buy cars straight from nismo.
wilch
lol! You guys are too funny
PBB
QUOTE(wilch @ Jun 1 2006, 07:45 PM) *
Nismo = available from factory, and factory = "stock equipment".

rolleyes.gif Just because a part is made by Nismo doesn't mean it's "stock" from Nissan just like STi parts aren't automatically OEM Subaru. Provide proof that an R34 GT-T was available directly from a NISSAN dealer with that hideous wing attached and you'd be correct. Until then, you're just talking out your ass.
Bracken
sad.gif why!
wilch
OMG You guys are such hardcore keyboard warriors!

My main point was and still is he needs to take that wing off the car.

Man this is the last time I venture outside the photography section of this forum. Too many little geeks looking for a fight outside of it.
White RSX
QUOTE(wilch @ Jun 1 2006, 04:35 PM) *
My main point was and still is he needs to take that wing off the car.

Man this is the last time I venture outside the photography section of this forum. Too many little geeks looking for a fight outside of it.

Who the fuck says geeks anymore?
trail_boss2
Dont even venture to the forums at all, you were proven wrong and now you cant handle it.
Autovisie
QUOTE(wilch @ Jun 2 2006, 02:35 AM) *

We are Samurai... The keyboard cowboys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.