Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ferrari FXX
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Car Sightings
Tirminyl
While on my business trip to St. Louis, I HAD to stop by and see the FXX. I even went twice. It was so beautiful to see in person!!!!

It has a roof mounted rear camera. The LCD is mounted on the dash.

You can see the camera on top and the heat shielded window

Notice the hook. Yes, this car has been tracked.

idiot
haha I was thinking you saw it on the streets in the wild..

it would have probably caused accidents because everyone would be looking at it
midnightdorifto
It's not street legal, so don't expect that any time soon.

It's Mario Glesejes car. Big time business owner in St. Louis (my hometown). He was down for the meet in Miami. The Bentley dealership over there on Chesterfield Airport Road is nice, isn't it?
TexanBerettaGT
Mmmmmm Fxx gorgeous car.
Tirminyl
QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ Apr 30 2006, 12:23 AM) *
It's not street legal, so don't expect that any time soon.

It's Mario Glesejes car. Big time business owner in St. Louis (my hometown). He was down for the meet in Miami. The Bentley dealership over there on Chesterfield Airport Road is nice, isn't it?

It was cool. Im not into Bentleys but thankfully they had some F-Cars and a Lotus Esprite that screamed out of the parking lot.
darinzon
ahh the stripe is so gay! otherwise...i like it.
quazi22
I think it would look better w/o the stripe too.
DB9
i live in st. louis where did u stay ?
Tirminyl
QUOTE(DB9 @ Apr 30 2006, 06:14 PM) *
i live in st. louis where did u stay ?

I actually stayed in Chesterfield and worked in St. Louis.
DB9
happy2.gif nice i live in chesterfield also
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(DB9 @ Apr 30 2006, 06:18 PM) *
happy2.gif nice i live in chesterfield also

You go to highschool? Marquette? Lafayette?

<--lived in Creve Coeur for 17 years, I'll be back in 3 weeks.
Tirminyl
Small world.
Mazdaspeed
yea... i think the normal enzo looks 82137982476x better. i had the headlights, and the exhaust is gay.

..not that i wouldnt take it
midnightdorifto
Read an interesting discussion between some Enzo owners on F-chat. They were complaining about the price - north of 2.5M USD - saying that they could purchase one of the newer F1 cars for between 500K and 1M USD less.
Tirminyl
QUOTE(Mazdaspeed @ May 2 2006, 12:46 AM) *
yea... i think the normal enzo looks 82137982476x better. i had the headlights, and the exhaust is gay.

..not that i wouldnt take it

Your gay. Sitting side by side, the FXX is ungodly better looking. Thats when personal preferance comes in, so your not really, gay. I just sayed that to spark more interest in my post.

QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ May 2 2006, 01:08 AM) *
Read an interesting discussion between some Enzo owners on F-chat. They were complaining about the price - north of 2.5M USD - saying that they could purchase one of the newer F1 cars for between 500K and 1M USD less.

The car is 1.8mil. Stop reading those ebay posts.
tune

Are the those tailights (the little LED looking things at the bottom)?
Tirminyl
Yes, they are.
Boxster17
I still think it's ugly since it's based off the Enzo, but it is better looking than it.
Tirminyl
QUOTE(Boxster17 @ May 2 2006, 12:31 PM) *
I still think it's ugly since it's based off the Enzo, but it is better looking than it.

Pictures of the Enzo or FXX are so-so...but see it in person, mmmm.
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(Tirminyl @ May 2 2006, 04:25 AM) *
Your gay. Sitting side by side, the FXX is ungodly better looking. Thats when personal preferance comes in, so your not really, gay. I just sayed that to spark more interest in my post.
The car is 1.8mil. Stop reading those ebay posts.

I got the price wrong, but you can still suck my balls. biggrin.gif
DB9
QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ Apr 30 2006, 06:30 PM) *
You go to highschool? Marquette? Lafayette?

<--lived in Creve Coeur for 17 years, I'll be back in 3 weeks.

Burroughs, but i know some guys that go there
Tirminyl
QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ May 2 2006, 05:34 PM) *
I got the price wrong, but you can still suck my balls. biggrin.gif

Bah, im a board whore so I already read that post a while ago tongue.gif
Boxster17
QUOTE(Tirminyl @ May 2 2006, 02:03 PM) *
Pictures of the Enzo or FXX are so-so...but see it in person, mmmm.

I have seen it in person and I still find it ugly. Don't really like many Ferrari's and these newer models seem to be getting worse.
Phix
QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ May 2 2006, 02:08 AM) *

The thing with Ferrari is that all the money they make they dump a lot of it into their racing programs. That Japanese driver who used to race the Ferraris and then crashed and was on fire (you all saw the vid. yes, that one in the rain.) was saying how whenever somebody buys a Ferrari they're helping Ferrari's motorsports as well whether they realize it or not.

The FXX may cost 2.5m but I suspect that the majority of that money will go into further development of the car. I mean, the whole purpose of the FXX was to be part of a racing cars development, right? An F1 car is already engineered and already raced and already near its peak of perfection. The FXX is like a piece of half-molded clay and that 2.5m would go towards buying the biggest fuicking clay oven you can imagine to finally mold and bake the clay into perfection.

Just my two testicles.
Tirminyl
QUOTE(Boxster17 @ May 3 2006, 09:46 PM) *
I have seen it in person and I still find it ugly. Don't really like many Ferrari's and these newer models seem to be getting worse.

All hope is lost for you. Maybe I find function over form to be my basis for beauty.

QUOTE(Phix @ May 3 2006, 10:10 PM) *
The thing with Ferrari is that all the money they make they dump a lot of it into their racing programs. That Japanese driver who used to race the Ferraris and then crashed and was on fire (you all saw the vid. yes, that one in the rain.) was saying how whenever somebody buys a Ferrari they're helping Ferrari's motorsports as well whether they realize it or not.

The FXX may cost 1.8m but I suspect that the majority of that money will go into further development of the car. I mean, the whole purpose of the FXX was to be part of a racing cars development, right? An F1 car is already engineered and already raced and already near its peak of perfection. The FXX is like a piece of half-molded clay and that 1.8m would go towards buying the biggest fuicking clay oven you can imagine to finally mold and bake the clay into perfection.

Just my two testicles.

Phixed. Honestly, the FXX is nothing more than a test car for Ferrari to collect racing data and apply it to future production/race cars.
Phix
QUOTE(Tirminyl @ May 4 2006, 07:45 AM) *
All hope is lost for you. Maybe I find function over form to be my basis for beauty.
Phixed. Honestly, the FXX is nothing more than a test car for Ferrari to collect racing data and apply it to future production/race cars.

Huh... coudla sworn I read 2.5m. Oh well.
Tirminyl
QUOTE(Phix @ May 5 2006, 02:13 AM) *
Huh... coudla sworn I read 2.5m. Oh well.

You did, but he was wrong biggrin.gif
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(DB9 @ May 3 2006, 05:27 PM) *
Burroughs, but i know some guys that go there

I think the world just got a little smaller.

<-- '04 Country Day grad.
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(Phix @ May 3 2006, 07:10 PM) *

The FXX may cost 2.5m but I suspect that the majority of that money will go into further development of the car. I mean, the whole purpose of the FXX was to be part of a racing cars development, right? An F1 car is already engineered and already raced and already near its peak of perfection. The FXX is like a piece of half-molded clay and that 2.5m would go towards buying the biggest fuicking clay oven you can imagine to finally mold and bake the clay into perfection.

Just my two testicles.

They call those "production mules" and they never are sold to the public. Ferrari just decided to make a few more prototypes and sell them when they're finished abusing them to cover expenses.

Function over form? Yes. I do like that idea. But Ferrari is in this one for the profits.
DB9
QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ May 5 2006, 09:30 AM) *
I think the world just got a little smaller.

<-- '04 Country Day grad.

Holy Fuck do u realize i could've like walked by u and not even know who the hell you are?? Wow
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(DB9 @ May 6 2006, 07:12 PM) *
Holy Fuck do u realize i could've like walked by u and not even know who the hell you are?? Wow

I went to every Bombers v. Rams game during my high school career. I'd be willing to be that's possible. What year are you?

P.S. I ran cross country with the kid that owns the SL65 at my old school.
Easton
In my opinion it looks like an Enzo riced up by japanese teenagers.

Though the back of my head knows that everything is actually functional.

It's an awesome machine but my eyes are hurting rishi
DB9
QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ May 6 2006, 07:54 PM) *
I went to every Bombers v. Rams game during my high school career. I'd be willing to be that's possible. What year are you?

P.S. I ran cross country with the kid that owns the SL65 at my old school.

2010 cry.gif dont laugh
but my mom works at burroughs and ive been going to bombers vs rams since i was small
Phix
QUOTE(DB9 @ May 9 2006, 07:43 PM) *
2010 cry.gif dont laugh
but my mom works at burroughs and ive been going to bombers vs rams since i was small

Hah, too bad you'll be dead by then.
DB9
QUOTE(Phix @ May 9 2006, 03:59 PM) *
Hah, too bad you'll be dead by then.

dead by what?
rollsroyceowner
The Enzo FXX is an amazing automobile. The one up at Bentley St. Louis is number 5 of 29, meaning only 429 Enzo's were ever built, less the one that was destroyed in California. This car is listed at 1.816 million dollars, and to the user who claimed to know who the owner was, I am not so sure about that. I have visited this dealership many times, and the FXX is definitely the rarest car I have ever seen up there. Someone want to lend a non-rich ladue graduate 2 million bucks? I'll scrounge around somehow to pay the insurance... drool3.gif
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(rollsroyceowner @ Jun 4 2006, 01:10 PM) *
The Enzo FXX is an amazing automobile. The one up at Bentley St. Louis is number 5 of 29, meaning only 429 Enzo's were ever built, less the one that was destroyed in California. This car is listed at 1.816 million dollars, and to the user who claimed to know who the owner was, I am not so sure about that. I have visited this dealership many times, and the FXX is definitely the rarest car I have ever seen up there. Someone want to lend a non-rich ladue graduate 2 million bucks? I'll scrounge around somehow to pay the insurance... drool3.gif

If you live in fucking Ladue, you should be able to afford it. biggrin.gif

And I do know who the owner is, he lives in STL and would like to remain low key.
rollsroyceowner
I had a feeling that one was coming, unfortunately I live in Creve Coeur. Did anyone else go to the Plaza Frontenac European Auto Show today? And also, I believe I know who the owner of the FXX is, but I can't be for certain. This particular man had 4 or 5 cars entered in the show this year, including a 550 Barchetta and a 612 Scaglietta, I think I spelled that correctly. Still no takers on the loan? lol, drool3.gif
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(rollsroyceowner @ Jun 4 2006, 03:58 PM) *
I had a feeling that one was coming, unfortunately I live in Creve Coeur. Did anyone else go to the Plaza Frontenac European Auto Show today? And also, I believe I know who the owner of the FXX is, but I can't be for certain. This particular man had 4 or 5 cars entered in the show this year, including a 550 Barchetta and a 612 Scaglietta, I think I spelled that correctly. Still no takers on the loan? lol, drool3.gif

There is maybe one other guy on here who lives in STL (I don't anymore), so I seriously doubt anyone else even knows what Plaza Frontenac is. I know a couple of guys (at least two, a B5 S4 and an E39 M5) who probably went, though.

BTW - http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthrea...t=100204&page=2 might help you on who owns the FXX. biggrin.gif
350Z
Im afraid you got it wrong rolls, Scaglietti is how it's spelt, also more than one Enzo has been totaled I can think of at least three.
rollsroyceowner
It is Mario Gleijeses who owns the car. I drove by his house, which just so happened to be located nearby mine, and he had a 15 car garage at his house. I would imagine it is full of Bentley's, Ferrari's, Rolls Royce's, maybe even a Lamborghini or two. I wonder what else he has, I highly doubt there is a Mclaren F1, however I know that Motorcars International in Springfield, Missouri sold one about a year ago. I wonder if it is located in St. Louis, if it is, that would truly astound me.
Tirminyl
If anyone wanted to know who the owner was I could have told you. Hell, the name is printed on the car.

QUOTE(rollsroyceowner @ Jun 4 2006, 06:58 PM) *
Did anyone else go to the Plaza Frontenac European Auto Show today?

I was in St. Louis this past weekend with some friends and we stopped by today for the Euro show.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.