Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koenigsegg CCX
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
BurningSky
I don't think anyone started a thread about this yet. I'm suprised, 'cause I'm pretty sure it's in production. But anyway, this thing's a beast.

Check it out --> http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/ccx.asp?submenu=10

Some very quick stats...

Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 3.2 seconds
Top speed: 395+ km/h (245+ mph)
Standing Quartermile: 9.9 seconds, end speed 235 km/h (146 mph)
Braking distance: 31m (100-0 km/h)

Dry weight: 1180 kg (2601 LBS)

Engine:

Koenigsegg V8 cast aluminium, 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts.
Displacement: 4.700 cm3

Power output: 806 Bhp at 6.900 rpm
Maximum torque: 920 Nm (678ftlb) at 5.700 rpm

Standard price: 540.000 USD + VAT & ex works Fully equipped: 600.910 USD + VAT & ex works

http://www.koenigsegg.com/graphics/ccx_tech_organge_rear.jpg

Koenigsegg's previous model, the CCR holds the record for the fastest production car out there. Sounds pretty frozen to me...
Phix
I've got ten of these in my garage. Next to my Veyron. Also, frozen.
clarkma5
It just seems like a quick-fix answer to the Veyron, which isn't very cool. Now, the CCR was cool because it was like "Hey, we're going to make our awesome supercar...EVEN FASTER! JUST 'CUZ!" but the CCX is all like "plz do not compare me to the Veyron, plz plz plz" and so it fails at being cool. Also, the X in the name is just lame. X always fails at being cool because it's used by doofuses, like the people behind the XFL or anything labeled XTREME.

I would vote uncool because of all that but it's still awesome and swedish and ridiculously fast and has a name that's hard to pronounce for everyone but me. So, cool.
duality
Fucking Freezing...you can never get tired of those doors :-)
Espen
Frozen on performance alone... looks better in person when you can inspect the perfect carbon weave, the lovely intricate and perfectly finished CNC machining and the furious engine note. What a monster biggrin.gif
imisplacedmine
CARBON FIBER WHEELS. Need I say more.
idiot
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Apr 11 2006, 02:51 AM) *
It just seems like a quick-fix answer to the Veyron, which isn't very cool. Now, the CCR was cool because it was like "Hey, we're going to make our awesome supercar...EVEN FASTER! JUST 'CUZ!" but the CCX is all like "plz do not compare me to the Veyron, plz plz plz" and so it fails at being cool. Also, the X in the name is just lame. X always fails at being cool because it's used by doofuses, like the people behind the XFL or anything labeled XTREME.

I would vote uncool because of all that but it's still awesome and swedish and ridiculously fast and has a name that's hard to pronounce for everyone but me. So, cool.

X is better than R dance.gif
BurningSky
That last link was supposed to be a picture. biggrin.gif Here it is:

Mmmm... drool3.gif
moe
Frozen. A car like this really can't be anything else, unless it's poorly engineered and can't do anything but go quickly in a straight line...
bankE46
are there any real pictures of this car yet? all i see is very nice renders.
BurningSky
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Apr 11 2006, 01:21 PM) *
are there any real pictures of this car yet? all i see is very nice renders.

A couple...
Phix
I love those doors.
Cyclone
Uncool.

The reason being is that I'm not nearly as excited about the CCX as I was the CC or even the CCR. Even if it is better and faster, its boring.
clarkma5
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Apr 12 2006, 12:42 AM) *
Uncool.

The reason being is that I'm not nearly as excited about the CCX as I was the CC or even the CCR. Even if it is better and faster, its boring.

Yeah, I feel that way about it too. When the CCR was announced I was like GOD THAT'S AWESOME. But this is somehow just totally meh.
BurningSky
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Apr 12 2006, 03:44 AM) *
Yeah, I feel that way about it too. When the CCR was announced I was like GOD THAT'S AWESOME. But this is somehow just totally meh.

Even though the changes are slight, it's making an awesome car more awesome. Why does that mean it suddenly sucks?
PBB
^ Because the "more awesomeness" isn't very significant and completely not worthy of the hype. It's just attention whoring.

I voted Uncool for that reason.
DakianDelomast
Its still a hypercar done right. And it still weighs about a thousand pound less than a Veyron.
soarer
wouldent you be pissed off if you just bought a CCR?
bankE46
cars like this are just so great in their own sense, its almost like koenigsegg is a little nasa, creating some of the most clever, groundbreaking crafts that man has ever concieved of. cars like this are milestones of sorts in my mind, steps that man has taken in the development of his capabilities and aesthetic senses.
BurningSky
QUOTE(soarer @ Apr 12 2006, 08:54 PM) *

Sure, it'd suck. But if you were looking at there website, they've been whispering about it for some time.
350Z
QUOTE(soarer @ Apr 12 2006, 04:54 PM) *

Thats why I dont like it, because it belittles the CCR and the C8S which are still both massively fast.
bankE46
QUOTE(The Nissan 350z rocks @ Apr 13 2006, 09:35 AM) *
Thats why I dont like it, because it belittles the CCR and the C8S which are still both massively fast.

how can it belittle them? i dont think the fastest car in the world is a massive difference over the 3rd fastest car in the world. tongue.gif whats the difference in the top speeds, like 6 or 7 mph or something? you'd never be able to even compare the two cars on anything except a massive test track, so for all intensive purposes, if you own a koenigsegg in the first place, you dont need to worry about other cars belittling you, even another koenigsegg.
PBB
That would be "intents and purposes", Mr. Capitalization. tongue.gif
350Z
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Apr 13 2006, 07:43 AM) *
how can it belittle them? i dont think the fastest car in the world is a massive difference over the 3rd fastest car in the world. tongue.gif whats the difference in the top speeds, like 6 or 7 mph or something? you'd never be able to even compare the two cars on anything except a massive test track, so for all intensive purposes, if you own a koenigsegg in the first place, you dont need to worry about other cars belittling you, even another koenigsegg.

Maybe it's just me.
jbzonda
frozen, its hot, why wouldnt u want one!
Windshield
The car has yet to get any MJU votes, so its frozen.
b0mb3r
Always loved the design of this car, it is one mean looking car.

What I find interesting is that their website offers english and russian as the language choices. Are there that many russians buying these things?
trail_boss2
friggidy frozen
BurningSky
QUOTE(Windshield @ Apr 15 2006, 09:40 PM) *
The car has yet to get any MJU votes, so its frozen.

No longer! What a loon whoever that was. biggrin.gif
trail_boss2
QUOTE(BurningSky @ Apr 26 2006, 01:05 AM) *
No longer! What a loon whoever that was. biggrin.gif

If you voted MJuncool just to spite then you are a fucking douchebag.
Smartdriver
Absolutely Frozen! thumbs_up.gif

Is a serious and exclusive alternative to the Italian supercars.
skyboard
Definetly Frozen

The CCX is a friggin beast and like Smartdriver said a nice alternative to an Italian exoitc
ExoticTuner
Its a fabulous car. The shape is so interesting to look at, and a great example of form following function. Sounds awesome too

Frozen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.