Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rice or Nice?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
PBB
No specs just pics.

Personally, I'm pulling out the R card on this one.
The stiff armed pimp hand on top of the steering wheel sums this car up perfectly.
Too cool fo' school!
green73ta
I'm undecided on this one but leaning away from rice. It's just too clean and nicely done. I can do without the wing, though. Maybe something like a small ducktail spoiler on the back, kinda like the old style 2nd gen camaros had.

darinzon
rice, because the silver mesh up front, and that stupid pointless little hole in front of the front wheels.
and the hood
DZ302
RICE.
ScottChu
QUOTE(darinzon @ Mar 28 2006, 01:36 PM) *
rice, because the silver mesh up front, and that stupid pointless little hole in front of the front wheels.
and the hood

what he said, not liking the wierd hole thing on the side of the front bumper

evolve > this
trail_boss2
Fried Rice

Fried>Steamed IMO
Spike23
Fried....rice but dropped on the ground.
BlackJack
its on the fence between nice and rice...i like it but there are some factors that points out the rice...the silver wipers...the wing...bumper is too big.

undecided.
PBB
Third pic was the dead giveaway.
Painting the stock calipers to match the bangin' bodykit = rice in my book.
TrueSlideXL
Nothing adds up on that car. The sideskirts don't flow, the front bumper line is different, and dual exhausts on an s40 are useless. That's an I-5, why split the exhaust runners?
goota
hardcore rice.
TexanBerettaGT
I dunno what to say. Part of me likes it, part of me doesn't. The kit doesn't flow, the rear bumper is too gaudy, and the wing is too STI.
Jekyll_2005
HAHAHAHA, Its Sweedish Rice! laugh.gif
imisplacedmine
Stiff armed pimp hand at the twelve o'clock posistion on the steering wheel (as PBB said)

Tiny brakes and painted stock calipers

Body kit doesn't completely match the color of the car

Mesh and the overall uselessness of the body kit

Lame-o vented hood

Side markers that aren't level

Silver wipers

Dual exhaust when it's not needed

Banner sticker across the top and the various other stickers

Gross mirrors

A wing that doesn't belong

Odd looking eyelids

All that equals Rice with a capital R in my opinion.
Mazdaspeed
ricey spoiler. ricier mirrors.
Jordan
rice... thats not how swedes do it...
PBB
Just found more pics:

I do like this pic.
imisplacedmine
Too much silver, ZE GOGGLES DO NOTHZING
UserDrew
I wouldnt classify it as rice. I do not like the spoiler and the hood, but compared to what people do to their cars this is definatly NOT rice.
duality
rice rice rice
Phix
Oh my GOD that thing is an abomination!
moe
Not bad, I don't like the eyelids and the front bumper is definately rice, but the rest is very nicely done.
darinzon
i could kind of see how some people could say that the bodykit was ok looking...but that hood is just fucking disgusting.
moe
I didn't notice the hood before. It is pretty bad. Actually, looking at the car more closely...I'm not so convinced anymore. He should've just lowered it, and put those rims on it, and left it at that.
nismo
QUOTE(Phix @ Mar 31 2006, 03:29 AM) *
Oh my GOD that thing is an abomination!

It's not like the cars was awesome in the first place....
UserDrew
This is more rice than that:
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detaili...79&pgno=5&srt=1

7,000 lbs of boost baby!
z0ne
4F4F anyone?

and i LOL'd at the 7000lb of boost.

which sparks this question: is there a "maximum" boost a given engine can "handle"? like, will putting 100psi blow the engine manifold apart?
Jordan
100psi would probably blow EVERYTHING apart. he probably mean 7.000 pounds of boost but forgot the . Or he is really a dumbass. However, big semis and stuff run high psi numbers, but then again it isnt a honda with more than likely stock internals.
Marien
over 10,000k in performance parts.

laugh.gif
z0ne
QUOTE(Jordan @ Apr 5 2006, 05:10 AM) *
100psi would probably blow EVERYTHING apart. he probably mean 7.000 pounds of boost but forgot the . Or he is really a dumbass. However, big semis and stuff run high psi numbers, but then again it isnt a honda with more than likely stock internals.

i'm going to go with dumbass.
XdrewsiferX
QUOTE(Marien @ Apr 5 2006, 02:20 AM) *
laugh.gif

thats really not that hard to do i did that my self in my focus.

But as for 7k boost whistle.gif yea ok.... Maby he means 7.0lb boost? OOORRR maby he payed 3k for the wing and 3k for the fiberglass kit and the rest went into a coffee can on his stock piping and a cool speaker in his engine bay that goes PSSSST! when he shifts?
goota
QUOTE(UserDrew @ Apr 4 2006, 07:27 PM) *
This is more rice than that:
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detaili...79&pgno=5&srt=1
7,000 lbs of boost baby!

"more than double stock horsepower!"

so it has like 200hp. thats pretty crappy for 7,000 lbs of boost =[
imisplacedmine
QUOTE(XdrewsiferX @ Apr 5 2006, 07:05 PM) *
thats really not that hard to do i did that my self in my focus.

Marien was probably laughing at the fact that he said he spent over 10,000k in parts. 10,000k would be 10,000,000. He should have either said 10k or $10,000, not 10,000k.

Why did you spend 10k on a focus?
Jordan
same reason i've spent 2000 on a 240... cause we like our cars!
PBB
And 10 MEELYUN dollars to pimp my civic.
fallon
i actually kinda like that volvo... it's a kinda right on the line, the hood could be different and the wing could be a bit smaller. All the same it seems to fit fairly well and look fairly nice
Cyclone
Lose the hood, body kit and wing and it'll be nice.
BurningSky
QUOTE(nismo @ Apr 1 2006, 01:50 PM) *
It's not like the cars was awesome in the first place....

Most of what people said is true...but all in all it's definitely more interesting than the original car. Though...it's a Volvo. Who the hell tunes a Volvo...that alone should give it rice status. Or maybe I've just never seen a nicely done Volvo...
Advent
Kill it with fire!
infinity
...seriously?

great addition to a nice recent topic.
wilch
They've ruined a euro.

Ricey veilside'ishside skirts and front bar.
Lancer EVO'ish rear wing.

Meh, each to their own. There's nothing tough looking about that car.
goota
Holy Bump Batman.
WardLarson
lol this is months old...

I call it rice. I really did like it until I saw the "better" view of that nasty fucking hood... useless intake holes are a nice way to make your car look like ass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.