HP
415 hp @ 7600 rpm

HP/Liter
115.3 hp per liter

0-62 mph
4.3 seconds

Top Speed
clarkma5
Top speed is more than 186 because the 996 GT3 did 190 and this is even faster...

Anyway, it's a stripped out 911 with track-ready mechanicals and a sweet engine with an 8400 RPM redline that makes it the highest specific output naturally aspirated engine money can buy outside of the 2.0 liter S2000 that isn't even sold in the US anymore (we get the 2.2, of course).

It's probably at the top of my dream car list, regardless of price. I'll go out on a limb and call it frozen then.
midnightdorifto
N/A performance Porche.

Absolute zero.
dukenukem
Uber fucking cool.
duality
0 Kelvin
moe
Is that even a question? Frooooooooooozen!
leif
At first I thought it was a bit over styled for a Porsche...but every time I look at it I like it more and more.

and the performance...this thing is gonna leave every other track day special in its dust (even though DZ wont admit it!)...at least untilk the F430 CS comes around, then we will need an RS version to give it a bloody nose
clarkma5
QUOTE(leif @ Mar 18 2006, 09:31 AM) *
At first I thought it was a bit over styled for a Porsche...but every time I look at it I like it more and more.

and the performance...this thing is gonna leave every other track day special in its dust (even though DZ wont admit it!)...at least untilk the F430 CS comes around, then we will need an RS version to give it a bloody nose

It's also notable that they're gonna need to make a higher performance F430 to match this, because the F430 CS is gonna cost AT LEAST twice as much as this car.

Makes the GT3 a bit of a bargain! (well, that's stretching it...)
PBB
This one's definitely not frozen.

The 996 GT3 may have been slower, more of a challenger to drive and, some may say, uglier but with no traction control and no fancy shmancy suspension stability control, it was way cooler. Any car that's claimed to be a stripped out barely road legal version of the "soft" original and has the same driver's aids, ptttttth. Porsche really took a stumble down the Cool podium with this car.

Not that I don't like the 997 GT3, I'd cut off a gonad to own one. But it barely gets a "Cool" vote from me.
b0mb3r
awesome thumbs_up.gif
are there anymore high res pictures of this?
350Z
Meh, the guy driving really sum's it up for me.
DZ302
frozen.
skyboard
Here are some good high res:Serious Wheels

Cmon man its about the car not the fag driving it! jk canadian.gif
leif
Does the F430 really compete aginst the base GT3. I always associated the F360 CS with the GT3 RS because they were both track day specials. However I also always associated the 996 Turbo with the F360...since they were closer in performance and price.

Which kinda means the GT3 is in a bit of a leauge of its own...I would say its closest rival is the Z06...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.