Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which do you prefer visually? NOT PERFORMANCE ETC. ETC.
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
Phix

Jaguar XKR

Aston Martin DB9
moe
Just a thought...wouldn't it be more appropriate to have pictures of the new XK?

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2007/200...io-1024x768.jpg

Even so, I'd still take the Aston...while the exteriors are both pretty much as sexy as they come, the Aston's gorgeous interior destroys the Jag's boring one.
clarkma5
You know my opinion...

I see the XKR as a tasteful take on the classic '60s style without being "me too" or retro, while the DB9 just lacks detail and is really a slab sided chunk of vehicle...bleh.

And moe: the point is to compare the OLD XK because that's what we were talking about in the IRC chat.
leif
I really do prefer the XKR...however never having atcually seen a DB9 in person I will hold Judgment.

as for the New XK8...i think it is a beautiful contemporary Jaguar design...
moe
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 1 2006, 11:49 PM) *
And moe: the point is to compare the OLD XK because that's what we were talking about in the IRC chat.

Sorry I wasn't in on the IRC action. Either way my vote is the same.
Phix
Yeah, sorry. This is the old XKR vs. DB9.
dukenukem
The DB9 is boring while the XKR looks like a bottom feeder. Bleh to both.
Phix
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 1 2006, 04:37 PM) *
The DB9 is boring while the XKR looks like a bottom feeder. Bleh to both.

Yes. Agreed.
PAULIE_D
Tough call. Both of these vehicles look much sexier in the flesh as opposed to looking at them in pictures.

I've always been an XKR fanboy though.
DZ302
XKR...it really is a timeless design. it always looks fresh and new, even after...what...10 or so years?
CivicKid05
I really like both of them but the Aston seems to stand out to me better by those headlights and that awesome grille it has.
bankE46
jag by far. ive always had a jag fetish, whether its XK's or XJ's, i just love em.
Phix
Holy shit. 50% split.
wild_willy
not anymore smile.gif
Boxster17
I went with the Jag...always liked the looks of the XK since it came out. The Aston is alright, but the more I look at the two, the more I tend to like the XKR.
goota
So is this about the new XK or the old one? i like the newer XK alot better than the old one. but I like the DB9 better than both of them. with the new XK, the front end towards the hood and the top, i dont really like the look. it just wierds me out.
Phix
QUOTE(goota @ Mar 2 2006, 02:15 AM) *
So is this about the new XK or the old one? i like the newer XK alot better than the old one. but I like the DB9 better than both of them. with the new XK, the front end towards the hood and the top, i dont really like the look. it just wierds me out.

It's about the old one. Come on... picture of the old. Not that hard. 1+1 = 4. It's simple math, people!
goota
the new one was mentioned!
Phix
QUOTE(goota @ Mar 2 2006, 04:35 AM) *
the new one was mentioned!

And I debunked it!

I can't feel my fucking legs!

The x is too strong!
Cyclone
The DB9. I just find Jaguar's style very bland and boring. And imo the XKR looks like a cat fish. Of course I know the same could be said for the DB9
ShinRa
DB9 looks like a shark and it kicks butt! =D
midnightdorifto
This thread is like asking, which do you want: 10 million dollars or 10 million dollars?
z0ne
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Mar 2 2006, 05:49 AM) *
The DB9. I just find Jaguar's style very bland and boring. And imo the XKR looks like a cat fish. Of course I know the same could be said for the DB9

that's true. i voted DB9 just because i've never really had a thing for new Jag's, and i've been in a DB9 :heart:

QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ Mar 15 2006, 07:55 PM) *
This thread is like asking, which do you want: 10 million dollars or 10 million dollars?

no it's not laugh.gif it's asking whether you would want to have a DB9 or an XKR rolleyes.gif
tune
The DB9 looks boring in those photos.
PBB
Really if this was intended as a Aston-ripoff Jag vs. the real thing comparison, this should have been between the XKR and the DB7.

DB9 for me, one of best looking coupes ever.
skyboard
DB9 vs. Old XK=DB9

DB9 vs. New XK= ... DS_Skeptical2.gif
Dough
jaguars always look ugly... their "timeless design" isnt very timless; they all scream OLD!

astons have a nice sleek, luxury wiht some aggression look... jags look yeah luxurious but dont have the aggressive look to them...

aston martin for me...
pervert
DB9. Im a big fan of the "less is more" style of design.
PAULIE_D
We should have a similar thread comparing the Pontiac Solstice to the Saturn Sky. Let me check if it's already been done...
iLuBcArZ
i would say the aston martin. its just so....sleek...i guess
BurningSky
I went with the XKR. Cooler rims and a nicer grill in my opinion. Though I think I like the back of the DB9 better. Pretty tough call anyway.
jbzonda
id choose the XKR, there are better Aston's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.