Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Iran to hold holocaust cartoon contest
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Phix
No comment...

(Heh heh heh)
Diesel
i'm gonna leave this topic open for discussion..but let's keep it civilized and on topic.
BlackJack
well, i have no idea what to say except that its pretty stupid and IMO, racist. but im just thinking out loud.

diesel- not trying to start a flame war here. just a fyi.
Dweezil
Desperately waiting for Israel to bomb Iran.
DakianDelomast
Heh so after reading about how this all started. Go ahead make fun of the holocaust. I bet Americans won't riot and kill people in the Iranian embassy.

I also like how we're being blamed for some shit that denmark did.
Mitlov
What, like this doesn't ALREADY happen?

And let's not forget that a few years ago, a Saudi paper said that Jews drink the blood of Muslim babies. If I recall correctly, no embassies were burned in response and no riots broke out. The response was, if I recall correctly, letters to the editor and stuff. The same happened when the current Iranian President denied that the Holocaust occurred. You had a bunch of very angry Jews writing opinion columns in response. And whining. And crying into their matzo ball soup. But not killing people or burning embassies.

On a side-note: jokes about the Holocaust are certainly not off-limits in Israel.
jafar107
I think this is the stupidest idea ever. I am a muslim my self and i was not raged and angry about the fact that the cartoons were published, I was actually not surprised either. With the bad image that muslim extremists (Wahabi sect in Islam) give out to the public, it was only a matter of time before something like this would have happened. I also do not agree with the rioting, these people who call themselves muslim and then go out and start to act like savages by setting buildings on fire, are not helping to find a sollution, they are making matters worse. I do however disagree with the newspaper companies using the concept of freedom of speech as an arguement to defend their actions, the right to speek freely goes to a cetain extent. In Canada we cannot speek freely about certain things, we cannot draw/make certain imgages/symbols. I believe this whole event is very childish, one person does something, then the other wants to get them back; and this goes back and forth.
høgh
The whole arab world is starting to piss me off. It's just a fucking double-standard from their side. "Whine whine whine, can't take some harmless drawings". yes okay, some was a bit offensive, but not nearly as much as those holocaust drawings! It's just so .... AARHG!!

It's not as much because of it is jewish people they are making fun of, who i have no relations with what so ever, but the fact they go crazy like that over drawings less harmful than the ones they are making themselves. Wonder how many suicide bombs that will go of, if Isreal started to burn Palestinian flags...
DZ302
Cyclone
Jesus, can this get any more childish? I havn't been following any of this because I don't care.
dukenukem
Want some Mohammedan Pastries ?
Story

CARTOON CRISIS: IRAN RENAMES DANISH PASTRIES

Tehran, 7 Feb. (AKI) - Iran has decided to rename Danish pastries "Mohammedan" pastry - a new twist in the crisis which has triggered protest by Muslims throughout the world against cartoons of Mohammed first published in Denmark. The name change recalls when some Americans started calling French fries, "Freedom fries" to protest France's opposition to the United States-led invasion of Iraq.

Iran has recalled its ambassador from Copenhagen, and on Tuesday announced a halt to all imports of Danish products. Demonstrators in Tehran on Tuesday attacked the Danish embassy with stones and petrol bombs, the second such assault in two days.

Denmark says it holds the Iranian authorities responsible for the embassy attacks.

A series of cartoons depicting the Prohet Mohammed published in a Danish daily in September has triggered protests throughout the Islamic world which in recent days have led to at least five deaths in Afghanistan, one in Lebanon and one in Somalia.

Islamic tradition explicitly prohibits images of Allah and the Prophet Mohammed.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(jafar107 @ Feb 7 2006, 04:44 PM) *
I think this is the stupidest idea ever. I am a muslim my self and i was not raged and angry about the fact that the cartoons were published, I was actually not surprised either. With the bad image that muslim extremists (Wahabi sect in Islam) give out to the public, it was only a matter of time before something like this would have happened. I also do not agree with the rioting, these people who call themselves muslim and then go out and start to act like savages by setting buildings on fire, are not helping to find a sollution, they are making matters worse. I do however disagree with the newspaper companies using the concept of freedom of speech as an arguement to defend their actions, the right to speek freely goes to a cetain extent. In Canada we cannot speek freely about certain things, we cannot draw/make certain imgages/symbols. I believe this whole event is very childish, one person does something, then the other wants to get them back; and this goes back and forth.

Heh maybe you should try living in a country where freedom of speech is actually granted.
DZ302
lmfao the funny thing is they are the only ones who will ever riot. i don't think any danish or israelis will riot over anything. they insult western culture and jews in their media on a daily basis and have been doing so for years and nobody riots
NorthPoint
QUOTE(jafar107 @ Feb 7 2006, 04:44 PM) *
In Canada we cannot speek freely about certain things, we cannot draw/make certain imgages/symbols.

Please elaborate.

QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Feb 7 2006, 06:02 PM) *
Heh maybe you should try living in a country where freedom of speech is actually granted.

Even the United States has its limits.
DZ302
haha wasn't jafar the bad guy from the aladdin disney cartoon?
NorthPoint
Hmmm... well because of your post DZ302 I looked up Jafar in The Free Dictionary as part of Firefox. And no, I am not making this up. This was the result...

Noun 1. Jafar - Indonesian terrorist and Islamic militant who commands the Laskar Jihad; uses violence to achieve political ends

Synonyms: Jafar Umar Thalib, Jaffar, Jaffar Umar Thalib

Related Words: terrorist - a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dict.asp?Word=Jafar
DZ302
this is also a jafar

one
Bad Disney, bad!
PAULIE_D
QUOTE(NorthPoint @ Feb 7 2006, 06:10 PM) *
Please elaborate.

Ever heard of the term "hate propaganda?" I think that's what he was refering to.
NorthPoint
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Feb 7 2006, 06:17 PM) *
Ever heard of the term "hate propaganda?" I think that's what he was refering to.

I wasn't disagreeing, just saying he should expand on his statement since it is extermely vague.
DakianDelomast
Heh here in america we have to let people like the KKK and the Neo Nazis exist because there sadly isn't a way to stop people from having an opinion.
jafar107
lol, my name does not come from a terrorist, or from a movie, it is of arabic origin and means rivulet/stream. It is also the name of the sixth imam (leader of islam), who lived over 1200 years ago.
DZ302
no...i think it's from aladdin
jafar107
whatever makes you happy
DZ302
and it does. very much so
midnightdorifto
Wow, this is the biggest outlash the Muslim community has had against anything involving the extremist movement. Because the rest of the time, they've been silent. Nice to see them take a stance finally.
DZ302
QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ Feb 7 2006, 04:35 PM) *
Wow, this is the biggest outlash the Muslim community has had against anything involving the extremist movement. Because the rest of the time, they've been silent. Nice to see them take a stance finally.

what outlash? the only outlash i am seeing is against everything western because of a cartoon
goota
lol denmark. dont they pride themselves on being super super tolerant? anyways its just one guy who published the cartoon, not like its all of denmark anyways.

im sure something bigger and that has more flashing lights will come along and entertain us and make us forget about this.
Mitlov
QUOTE(goota @ Feb 7 2006, 05:46 PM) *
anyways its just one guy who published the cartoon, not like its all of denmark anyways.

That's the craziest thing about this. It wasn't the Danish government insulting Muhammad; it was just some newspaper editor. That would be like me burning the Canadian embassy because I was furious about something posted at CanadianDriver.com.

And like Dakian said--I have no idea how the USA or Jews or the Holocaust got involved at all.
z0ne
DK is really tolerant, but not as open as the netherlands .. [sidenote: i had a lot of fun in amesterdam]
PAULIE_D
QUOTE(Mitlov @ Feb 7 2006, 09:21 PM) *
It wasn't the Danish government insulting Muhammad; it was just some newspaper editor. That would be like me burning the Canadian embassy because I was furious about something posted at CanadianDriver.com.

Excellent comparison. So true.
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(DZ302 @ Feb 7 2006, 04:49 PM) *
what outlash? the only outlash i am seeing is against everything western because of a cartoon

There was a bit of sarcasm there.

And with this sort of behavior, maybe the Danish cartoonist was right.
moe
QUOTE(Mitlov @ Feb 8 2006, 05:21 AM) *
That's the craziest thing about this. It wasn't the Danish government insulting Muhammad; it was just some newspaper editor. That would be like me burning the Canadian embassy because I was furious about something posted at CanadianDriver.com.

And like Dakian said--I have no idea how the USA or Jews or the Holocaust got involved at all.

Allright, who was insulting me? If someone doesn't let me know soon, I may go blow up some embassies and shit. Because I'm really retarded like that...yeah this is fucking retarded. It wasn't a big issue, but no, some Islamic extremists as usual had to go fuck things up. I'm gonna go ahead and say the same shit I always do when shit like this happens, these were the actions of the extremists, not the common man. I know that's becoming harder and harder for many of you to accept with all the shit the extremists do.
Dweezil
QUOTE(Dweezil @ Feb 7 2006, 03:37 PM) *
Desperately waiting for Israel to bomb Iran.

Next day, still waiting. whistle.gif
Flaw
I just don't understand why Muslims in general are trying to control other countries' freedoms of speech and press, when they're clearly not in their "jurisdiction."

And yes, there is an unspoken, sort of, agreement to have some respect and decency, but that agreement gets breached every once in a while (unless we're talking about the internet in which case there is no agreement smile.gif)...but the overwhelming majority of people that get offended DO NOT go out and kill somebody as a result of being upset.
Mitlov
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Feb 7 2006, 11:54 PM) *
Allright, who was insulting me? If someone doesn't let me know soon, I may go blow up some embassies and shit. Because I'm really retarded like that...yeah this is fucking retarded. It wasn't a big issue, but no, some Islamic extremists as usual had to go fuck things up. I'm gonna go ahead and say the same shit I always do when shit like this happens, these were the actions of the extremists, not the common man. I know that's becoming harder and harder for many of you to accept with all the shit the extremists do.

Moe, I know that there are tons of Muslims like yourself who are rolling their eyes at the rioters, and I didn't mean to imply otherwise. Unfortunately, it sounds like there were a LOT of rioters too--far more than just a couple extremists. Unfortunately, the extremists have a statistically significant amount of support, at least on this matter. That's what's so frustrating to me.
Autovisie
QUOTE(z0ne @ Feb 8 2006, 03:21 AM) *
DK is really tolerant, but not as open as the netherlands .. [sidenote: i had a lot of fun in amesterdam]

hey... Leave us out of this. Before you know it the Dutch embassy is torched.

Does someone know why rioters are atacking the Norwegian embassies also?
NorthPoint
Two interesting sites...

http://www.zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=7§ion=0&...d=29&m=1&y=2006

QUOTE(Autovisie @ Feb 8 2006, 04:48 AM) *
Does someone know why rioters are atacking the Norwegian embassies also?

Because a Norweigan newspaper republished the cartoons.
moe
QUOTE(Mitlov @ Feb 8 2006, 11:28 AM) *
Moe, I know that there are tons of Muslims like yourself who are rolling their eyes at the rioters, and I didn't mean to imply otherwise. Unfortunately, it sounds like there were a LOT of rioters too--far more than just a couple extremists. Unfortunately, the extremists have a statistically significant amount of support, at least on this matter. That's what's so frustrating to me.

Don't worry about it. Yeah looks like they are rallying a lot of support this time. I dunno man, I just don't like how this is reflecting badly on the whole Muslim community. I hate how the extremists always jump the gun and blame the "western world." Shit happens, deal with it like human beings, there's no need to go torch buildings everytime you're offended.
Autovisie
QUOTE(NorthPoint @ Feb 8 2006, 01:09 PM) *
Because a Norweigan newspaper republished the cartoons.

The French embassies should expect the same then..
DZ302
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Feb 8 2006, 06:28 AM) *
Don't worry about it. Yeah looks like they are rallying a lot of support this time. I dunno man, I just don't like how this is reflecting badly on the whole Muslim community. I hate how the extremists always jump the gun and blame the "western world." Shit happens, deal with it like human beings, there's no need to go torch buildings everytime you're offended.

Why aren't any level-headed Muslims out counterprotesting? Oh that's right, because most just aren't that bothered by it.
Mitlov
This s--- keeps getting worse. It's absotely unf-ckingbelievable what some people are doing over a couple drawings:

Protesters in the Lebanese capital Beirut last weekend torched the building housing the Danish Embassy, and angry demonstrations have led to about 10 deaths in Afghanistan.

There was less violence on Friday in previous days. But in Kenya riot police fired live rounds and tear gas to prevent hundreds of stone-throwing protesters from reaching the Danish Embassy in Nairobi. One man was shot in the thigh, a witness told Reuters.

In Malaysia's biggest protest against the caricatures, some 3,000 demonstrators called for the destruction of Denmark, Israel and the United States as they marched in a steady rain from a mosque to the Danish Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, AP reported.

"Long live Islam. Destroy Denmark. Destroy Israel. Destroy George Bush. Destroy America," some of the protesters shouted.

In Indonesia, about 175 students at an Islamic school in Surabaya, in East Java province, signed a pact saying they are "ready to die" for Mohammed and would demand an apology from any Danes they met, said their headmaster, Yusuf Muhajir. Denmark has advised its citizens to leave Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim country.

In Rome, Italy, a funeral was being held for an Italian priest shot to death in Turkey, allegedly by a Muslim teenager angered by the cartoons. The Rev. Andrea Santoro, 60, was killed Sunday while praying in his Black Sea coast church. Turkish media, citing unnamed police officials, said the 16-year-old suspect told interrogators he killed Santoro to avenge the publication of the drawings.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/02/1...ests/index.html
DZ302
lmao what a bunch of idiots. what does an italian priest have to do with danish cartoons? what does america have to do with danish cartoons? what does israel have to do with danish cartoons? fuckin retards. no wonder they are stuck back in the middle ages; they lack the intellectual capacity to even understand the world today, much less participate in it.
vanquish
One thing that I don't understand is, why don't they cause chaos when terrorists use Mohamed's name in terrorist attacks and such?
dukenukem
Us brown guys are too cool to be riotin yo! And before anyone says anything .. we rank top 5 as far as sheer muslim population goes.
Phix
Meh. Keep in mind that extremist are just using the cartoons as an excuse to cause even more shit.
DZ302
QUOTE(vanquish @ Feb 10 2006, 03:57 PM) *
One thing that I don't understand is, why don't they cause chaos when terrorists use Mohamed's name in terrorist attacks and such?

because they don't actually care about disrespecting their prophet or any of that stuff, they just look for excuses to shit on westerners
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.