Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Superbowl XL
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Pages: 1, 2
Flaw
Heads up, the third choice is synonymous with no, and is meant to be amusing, not offensive. The fourth choice is self-explanatory.

I myself, won't be watching...mainly cuz a sport in which the refs can't agree on all the rules is not my thing, and where going out of bounds is a commonly used technique for winning.
dukenukem
commercials.
Flaw
I guess html doesn't register outside of a post.
veritech
QUOTE(FlawlesStyle @ Feb 3 2006, 11:20 PM) *
...mainly cuz a sport in which the refs can't agree on all the rules is not my thing, and where going out of bounds is a commonly used technique for winning.

i reckon your a new england fan?

and yes i will be watchingg
Flaw
I'm guessing this "new england" team meets one or both of those criteria...

No seriously, I watched like 14 minutes of the NFL 7 yrs ago when I moved here, and gave up on the sport indefinitely.
Cyclone
So why did America bastardize the name Football anyways and come up with soccer?
Flaw
The sport remained popular for centuries in England under the name football. But the advent of rugby (1823) as a variant led to confusion. The London Football Association was formed (1863) to further the game that emphasized the kicking of the ball. This became known as association football and then, through abbreviation, as soccer. It was rapidly adopted in continental Europe, where it still generally goes under the name football.

--
Source: The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia Copyright © 2004, Columbia University Press.
Licensed from Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.

How exactly does one abbreviate "association football" into soccer?
And if you say "very carefully" you are teh ghey
Koof
QUOTE(FlawlesStyle @ Feb 4 2006, 03:18 AM) *
I guess html doesn't register outside of a post.

too bad it's BBcode and not HTML...
høgh
I'll be watching.. even though it starts at 2 AM monday morning here.
Halflifehavock13
Since it's going on here in Detroit, I'll have to watch it because I will be called a complete idiot by everyone when I don't know who won the bowl.
Flaw
QUOTE(Koof @ Feb 4 2006, 06:03 AM) *
too bad it's BBcode and not HTML...

Dude you so know what I meant...
Pinecone
l'm gonna watch all of it. It's win-win, with a good program and commercials.
Boxster17
Best sport to watch on TV in my opinion, and my best friend is from Pitt so I've go to be going for the Steelers...although as a Packer fan, I do like Holmgren.
A32
I agree with Boxster. Plus, I'm a huge Steeler fan. My Polamalu jersey and Terrible Towel are layed out ready for tomorrow. I'll be watching it in a friend's dorm that has 5 tv's (2 27" tubes and 3 smaller LCD tv's) and surround sound. I cannot wait.
darinzon
i am a woman : (
clarkma5
Probably, even though I'm not much of a football fan and I personally think the superbowl is one of the least enjoyable games of the season to watch. Playoffs are much more entertaining.
Phix
This American Football bores me to no end. HUT HUT HUT... TACKLE... plan, blah blah blah blah for next 20 minutes. HUT HUT HUT... 3 seconds later back to planning blah blah blah....
Boxster17
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Feb 4 2006, 08:51 PM) *
Probably, even though I'm not much of a football fan and I personally think the superbowl is one of the least enjoyable games of the season to watch. Playoffs are much more entertaining.

I can agree with you partially, but come on...Titans vs. Rams....last play of the game and they come up a yard short of getting into the endzone....probably one of the best games in football history...period. There have been so many enjoyable Superbowls I think. But yeah, there are those few that I found to be a bit boring like the Giants vs. Ravens, and even though I do like the Ravens since I have family in Baltimore, I still like to see a bit of offense produced.
z0ne
QUOTE(PHiX @ Feb 4 2006, 08:38 PM) *
This American Football bores me to no end. HUT HUT HUT... TACKLE... plan, blah blah blah blah for next 20 minutes. HUT HUT HUT... 3 seconds later back to planning blah blah blah....

thumbs_up.gif
Forrest
I'll be watchin. Not sure where yet... but NFL playoffs/the superbowl are always pretty good games.
Phix
God, I wish Fifa would start already.
Mr b00st
american football is crushingly dull. They stop every 12 seconds.

I'll be watching for the commercials. and the party.
Flaw
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Feb 4 2006, 10:12 PM) *
american football is crushingly dull. They stop every 12 seconds.

I'll be watching for the commercials. and the party.

I get that vibe from almost all my friends that are watching it and betting on it...
Cyclone
More like... SUPER BLOW!@
Benny
i voted im a woman for obvious reasons.
clarkma5
Well, although I said I was gonna watch it I was lying. I have zero interest in watching it. There are no teams I care about playing, the superbowl is typically lame, and I feel too lazy to get up and turn on the TV.
z0ne
did it start yet?
clarkma5
kickoff's in 8 minutes I believe. (3:25 pacific, 6:25 eastern)
Flaw
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Feb 5 2006, 11:42 AM) *
More like... SUPER BLOW!@

It took me three re-reads to get that you wrote superblow...shortly after which I chuckled...followed by extreme shame for chuckling at such an awful joke. But I know you meant for it to be so, so I forgive you buddy.

Just don't do it again...ever...seriously tongue_crossed-eyes.gif
z0ne
QUOTE(FlawlesStyle @ Feb 5 2006, 06:20 PM) *
It took me three re-reads to get that you wrote superblow...shortly after which I chuckled...followed by extreme shame for chuckling at such an awful joke. But I know you meant for it to be so, so I forgive you buddy.

Just don't do it again...ever...seriously tongue_crossed-eyes.gif

stop.
Phix
QUOTE(z0ne @ Feb 5 2006, 06:22 PM) *
stop.

...It's Hammer Time!
clarkma5
Flaw
QUOTE(z0ne @ Feb 5 2006, 03:22 PM) *
stop.

z0ne, why do u have to shit on peoples opinions
PBB
Cuz you're flamboyantly gay and completely unentertaining. loser.gif
clarkma5
OMFG PBB FTW
z0ne
QUOTE(FlawlesStyle @ Feb 5 2006, 06:35 PM) *
z0ne, why do u have to shit on peoples opinions

because people will love me no matter what i say. also, i'm in an asshole-ish mood today. but, also, you're new. it's hazing time baby. hazing time ends after 300 non-spam-filled, contributing posts. also, be mindful of cyclone. on that note, buy some of this:

just sayin' .. it may come in handy.

QUOTE(PBB @ Feb 5 2006, 06:38 PM) *
Cuz you're flamboyantly gay and completely unentertaining. loser.gif

Also, PBB is up there with god. don't question what matt b. has to say. evar.
Phix
PBB can suck my left nut.

Seriously, he can.
Flaw
at least I'm not from Indiana...

Also, I had a feelin that some of you can't let go of your clan-ish ways, and must haze...so it's all good.
Cyclone
QUOTE(z0ne @ Feb 5 2006, 06:22 PM) *
stop.

Hey I think he's pretty cool. Anybody that comes up with an excel spreadsheet for our forum use is cool by me.
z0ne
QUOTE(FlawlesStyle @ Feb 5 2006, 06:45 PM) *

Also, I had a feelin that some of you can't let go of your clan-ish ways, and must haze...so it's all good.

let the tar and feathering commence! and we spell clan with a k around here laugh.gif j/k
Flaw
So while watching cnn hn right now, and reading random posts, I also found something entertaining...at least for those with a dual analog controller for their PC

Fun awaits

I guess this guy has done all the programming by himself. This is a PC version of a popular xbox live game that has captured the attention of an insane amount of xbl people.
z0ne
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Feb 5 2006, 06:52 PM) *
Hey I think he's pretty cool. Anybody that comes up with an excel spreadsheet for our forum use is cool by me.

yeh, i guess it's pretty cool, but, a lot of work. the time i that i spent reading that i could've .. iono .. played CoD? GT4? some trick bitch down teh street? tongue.gif
PBB
QUOTE(FlawlesStyle @ Feb 5 2006, 06:45 PM) *

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh, fucking burn!!! Never has such wit and articulation been used to make someone ashamed of putting their location in their profile. So chickenshit, where are you from?
z0ne
QUOTE(PBB @ Feb 5 2006, 07:22 PM) *
Ooooooooooooooooooooooh, fucking burn!!! Never has such wit and articulation been used to make someone ashamed of putting their location in their profile. So chickenshit, where are you from?

ooooh you's gonn' git it now, boy .. boy howdy you's fixin' fo' an ass whoppin' .. mistuh browa'z gon' lay yo' ass out, son!

jesus christ talking like a redneck is fucking difficult.
PBB
QUOTE(z0ne @ Feb 5 2006, 07:24 PM) *
jesus christ talking like a redneck is fucking difficult.

That's why I don't. wink.gif

QUOTE(PHiX @ Feb 5 2006, 06:44 PM) *
PBB can suck my left nut.
Seriously, he can.

laugh.gif :heart:
Flaw
QUOTE(PBB @ Feb 5 2006, 04:22 PM) *

Well, if you care to know...
Short Version:

Europe

Long Version:

lol
z0ne
well, neither tar nor feathers contain sugar, so .. ONWARD! laugh.gif
Flaw
LMAO, put some splenda on it and I'm in!
Now back to two shots of insulin and a finely prepared meal...I'll be back soon. WITH PICTURES!
Boxster17
For those who care, the Steelers are leading 7-3 at halftime.
Forrest
The stones need to hang it up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.