Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1,000,000 Rounds a minuet
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
ZonDa
http://www.amd.co.at/video/ms_36barrel.mpg
veritech
eek.gif THOSE BOARDS GOT OWNED
Pinecone
It's so fast, it looks like it fires in bursts!
BlackJack
holy FUCK!!!

the gun looks like those led lights you see on light boards lol

imagine if one of those was disguised as a fake light board! ZINGG!! PWNT
Mr b00st
thats mcnasty whoa.
DaGonz
A million rounds a minute = 16.666.666 rounds per second

Only 180 of them hit the target?

What a waste of ammo!
dukenukem
QUOTE(Gonzo0903 @ Feb 3 2006, 05:11 PM) *
A million rounds a minute = 16.666.666 rounds per second

Only 180 of them hit the target?

What a waste of ammo!

They only fired 180 rolleyes.gif
RJ
Who lrnd joo how to spill nigguh?! Joo knead hukt on fonix!
z0ne
QUOTE(RJ @ Feb 3 2006, 06:50 PM) *
Who lrnd joo how to spill nigguh?! Joo knead hukt on fonix!

stop.

and that was awesome
Phix
Imagine your dick in front of that thing when it shoots the one million rounds a second... ouch.
RJ
QUOTE(PHiX @ Feb 3 2006, 04:10 PM) *
Imagine your dick in front of that thing when it shoots the one million rounds a second... ouch.

.... why....? huh.gif freaked.gif
z0ne
QUOTE(PHiX @ Feb 3 2006, 07:10 PM) *

QUOTE(RJ @ Feb 3 2006, 07:26 PM) *
.... why....? huh.gif freaked.gif

laugh.gif i'd rather not
PBB
That comment could only come from PHiX. :heart:
bankE46
i wanna see it shoot for a minute. O_o
Mitlov
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Feb 3 2006, 04:58 PM) *
i wanna see it shoot for a minute. O_o

If this is what I think it is--and I'm not going to download the video because I'm on 56k and I'm pretty sure I've seen this before...it CAN'T shoot for a minute. It can't reload at nearly the rate it fires the rounds. The "million rounds a minute" claim is about as silly as a similar claim for a shotgun (because it can fire, say, 100 pellets in 0.01 seconds). That's all this thing is--a really overengineered shotgun.
DakianDelomast
Yeah this gun has absolutely no practical use at all.
arnge
Well , i would love to give it a go in my EX - G.F. body biggrin.gif
dukenukem
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Feb 3 2006, 07:36 PM) *
Yeah this gun has absolutely no practical use at all.

I see it more as an anti RPG system where you just put a wall of bullets in the path of the projectile causing either deviation of path or premature explosion. They use similar tactics as last line of defense against incoming missiles on ships.
DakianDelomast
Yeah and those systems are perfectly suited for the task. Throwing more ammo in the air isn't really going to help much, you're better off making a better tracking system.
dukenukem
I guess in urban warfare situations where you dont really have enough warning to prepare and aim this kinda brute force makes sense.
TrueSlideXL
I'd like to go rabbit hunting with one of those.
Phix
QUOTE(TrueSlideXL @ Feb 3 2006, 11:13 PM) *
I'd like to go rabbit hunting with one of those.

You could hunt HUMANS with this and still leave them as a puff of red smoke....
bankE46
QUOTE(PHiX @ Feb 3 2006, 11:22 PM) *
You could hunt STEGASAURUS with this and still leave them as a puff of red smoke....

corrected for accuracy.
z0ne
QUOTE(PHiX @ Feb 3 2006, 11:22 PM) *
You could hunt STEGASAURI with this and still leave them as a puff of red smoke....

QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Feb 3 2006, 11:57 PM) *
corrected for accuracy.

double corrected for accuracy.
bankE46
QUOTE(z0ne @ Feb 3 2006, 11:59 PM) *
double corrected for accuracy.

i appreciate it.
Mitlov
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Feb 3 2006, 08:08 PM) *
I guess in urban warfare situations where you dont really have enough warning to prepare and aim this kinda brute force makes sense.

Actually, in URBAN warfare, you want better tracking, not more ammo in the air. More ammo just means more dead innocent bystanders.
Flaw
I think these fuckin things are completely useless, and eventually we all lose when things like this get more funding than say....schools...and...the poor. Excuse my bias, but spending three years in a war has it's effects on the mind.

But really, the biggest loser in situations like this is....Mitlov... laugh.gif poor guy still has 56k. AHAHAAHA, I do remember the days of going "What is the opportunity cost of me downloading this file?" and man, I feel your pain.
leif
i think with AMS systems you need more lead in the air, since tracking and incoming supersonic missile, calculating trajectory, and ajusting your firing solution to compensate takes time, the more lead you throw up, the less of that crap you have to do.
dukenukem
QUOTE(Mitlov @ Feb 4 2006, 01:13 AM) *
Actually, in URBAN warfare, you want better tracking, not more ammo in the air. More ammo just means more dead innocent bystanders.

Its a noble thought but unforunately, its not very feasible. The reaction time in most cases is in seconds so all you can do is put up a wall of lead as fast as you can. Getting laser lock and then firing will take a lot more time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.