Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WASH-ORE-FORNIA
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
leif
Who doesn't want to be a part of canada! Now a unique opertunity is being presented to the people of Washington, Oregon and California...Join the fight, become the 11th province!

Sign the petition

Together we can do it!
Halflifehavock13
Fuck that, I'm moving to Petoria.
clarkma5
Ewww screw Canada, I'm happy in California.
DZ302
No thanks.
trump
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jan 29 2006, 01:11 PM) *
Ewww screw Canada, I'm happy in California.

We got legal weed, eh?
Jordan
haha i signed.
DZ302
QUOTE(trump @ Jan 29 2006, 01:16 PM) *
We got legal weed, eh?

So do we
trump
QUOTE(DZ302 @ Jan 29 2006, 01:19 PM) *
So do we

is your state Democrat or Republican?
DZ302
QUOTE(trump @ Jan 29 2006, 01:23 PM) *
is your state Democrat or Republican?

Do you really have to ask that? lmao...
høgh
Leif, what scandinavian country are your family from?

I signed it, btw.
DZ302
Hey leif, you spelled annex incorrectly.
trump
QUOTE(DZ302 @ Jan 29 2006, 01:26 PM) *
Do you really have to ask that? lmao...

yeah? It went Democrat in the presidential election, but is the governator a republican? Cause hot climate + legal weed is a mighty tempting move...but if it's republican...
clarkma5
PEOPLE NOT FROM OREGON, WASHINGTON, OR CALIFORNIA SHOULD NOT HAVE A SAY IN THIS.

And trust me canadians, you don't want us.

And California tends to go liberal in national elections but we're surprisingly conservative in state affairs...except for when it comes to taxing ourselves and direct democracy. We have more taxes on ourselves and more direct democracy than any other state in the union. But we've had moderate governors (some democrats, some republicans...more republicans than democrats over the last 40 years I'd say) for a long time.

Calfornia liberals tend to congregate around the Bay Area and parts of SoCal...the rest of the state (central valley, far northern california, some of SoCal, the mountainey areas that aren't the emerald triangle) are conservative.
DaGonz
We would be glad to have the provinces of Canada become the 51st through 60th states of the Union. You would get a stronger dollar, cheaper fuel and we would get better beer!
leif
QUOTE(høgh @ Jan 29 2006, 03:27 PM) *
Leif, what scandinavian country are your family from?

I signed it, btw.

Norway

and we have 5 signatures...only 40ish million to go!
DZ302
QUOTE(trump @ Jan 29 2006, 01:30 PM) *
yeah? It went Democrat in the presidential election, but is the governator a republican? Cause hot climate + legal weed is a mighty tempting move...but if it's republican...

california is pretty damn blue. the only reason we have a republican governor is because he had a solid moderate platform and gray davis sucked balls.

QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jan 29 2006, 01:31 PM) *
PEOPLE NOT FROM OREGON, WASHINGTON, OR CALIFORNIA SHOULD NOT HAVE A SAY IN THIS.

And trust me canadians, you don't want us.

And California tends to go liberal in national elections but we're surprisingly conservative in state affairs...except for when it comes to taxing ourselves and direct democracy. We have more taxes on ourselves and more direct democracy than any other state in the union. But we've had moderate governors (some democrats, some republicans...more republicans than democrats over the last 40 years I'd say) for a long time.

Calfornia liberals tend to congregate around the Bay Area and parts of SoCal...the rest of the state (central valley, far northern california, some of SoCal, the mountainey areas that aren't the emerald triangle) are conservative.

the sierras may as well be part of alabama. most PEOPLE in cali vote democrat. but the valley and mountains are largely made up of republicans, it's just that there aren't many of them, population wise.
clarkma5
Actually, the only people I know in the sierras are quite liberal...but they're definitely backwoods, "hey, let's have a lot of guns and big pickup trucks" kinda people.

I'd say the far northern country is where the reddest of the california conservatives reside.
leif
QUOTE(DZ302 @ Jan 29 2006, 03:35 PM) *
california is pretty damn blue. the only reason we have a republican governor is because he had a solid moderate platform and gray davis sucked balls

I think the fact the he was the Terminator also played a small part in that one.
DZ302
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jan 29 2006, 01:36 PM) *
Actually, the only people I know in the sierras are quite liberal...but they're definitely backwoods, "hey, let's have a lot of guns and big pickup trucks" kinda people.

I'd say the far northern country is where the reddest of the california conservatives reside.

actually, the one part of california that seems to have the most republicans is orange county. weird but true
PBB
Fine! You take those liberal batshit loonies and we'll make America not suck!

DZ302
QUOTE(leif @ Jan 29 2006, 01:37 PM) *
I think the fact the he was the Terminator also played a small part in that one.

no, not really. we didn't get to be one of the largest economies in the world by being dumbasses
goota
NEVER!!!!!!!

GO AWAY CANADA!
clarkma5
I think his celebrity was definitely a big part of him being elected.

The recall election was a fucking circus anyway. To this day I don't understand what Davis did that was remotely heinous enough to get recalled. There was plenty of stupidity in that election and the californian people were behind it, I'm sorry to say.
DZ302
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jan 29 2006, 01:40 PM) *
I think his celebrity was definitely a big part of him being elected.

The recall election was a fucking circus anyway. To this day I don't understand what Davis did that was remotely heinous enough to get recalled. There was plenty of stupidity in that election and the californian people were behind it, I'm sorry to say.

davis did a shitty job throughout his entire governor career. who the hell deregulates an industry with just a couple huge companies and zero competition? he also drove us into a huge deficit, although i don't know where any of that money went to.
clarkma5
The defecit was due to a severe drop off in tax revenue when the stock market bubble burst...it would've happened to ANY governor. He was then stuck between a rock and a hard place because he couldn't raise taxes enough during a recession and he couldn't cut services without having everyone severely pissed off...or even getting the legislature to cooperate at all.

As for the deregulation, that was not Davis's doing...it was the legislature. A governor's power is pretty limited...outside of veto, he can only throw what weight he has around to influence others. He didn't make the deregulation happen.
DZ302
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jan 29 2006, 01:54 PM) *
The defecit was due to a severe drop off in tax revenue when the stock market bubble burst...it would've happened to ANY governor. He was then stuck between a rock and a hard place because he couldn't raise taxes enough during a recession and he couldn't cut services without having everyone severely pissed off...or even getting the legislature to cooperate at all.

As for the deregulation, that was not Davis's doing...it was the legislature. A governor's power is pretty limited...outside of veto, he can only throw what weight he has around to influence others. He didn't make the deregulation happen.

he did little to bring more energy companies to the state, especially makers of power plants, after deregulation. that was his main mistake. he was slow. this is not a state that can survive with lazy politicians. plus, he wasn't exactly in synch with the voters.
Benny
canada doesnt want your trash.
DZ302
hey!
DakianDelomast
I hate these "political" debates because such idiots open their mouths during them.
DZ302
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Jan 29 2006, 04:02 PM) *
I hate these "political" debates because such idiots open their mouths during them.

Be quiet then.
Jordan
i hate political debates because i hate and dont know anything about politics.
DZ302
QUOTE(Jordan @ Jan 29 2006, 04:04 PM) *
i hate political debates because i hate and dont know anything about politics.

that's ok, neither does dakian
DakianDelomast
Was that supposed to be some manner of dig? Because I don't think the king of "Arguing way over his damn head" should be talking.
clarkma5
QUOTE(DZ302 @ Jan 29 2006, 02:26 PM) *
plus, he wasn't exactly in synch with the voters.

Yes, the voters who had re-elected him just a year before they recalled him!
DZ302
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jan 29 2006, 04:16 PM) *
Yes, the voters who had re-elected him just a year before they recalled him!

i still don't know how he got reelected. californians can go through retarded phases. i still think davis handled the energy crisis horribly. i can't say arnie would have done any better though, but it was nice to see somebody else become governor.

QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Jan 29 2006, 04:08 PM) *
Was that supposed to be some manner of dig? Because I don't think the king of "Arguing way over his damn head" should be talking.

i can say whatever i want to the king of "arguing with unsupported opinions", because you won't be able to present any evidence against what i say anyways
DakianDelomast
lol usually its because you're arguing against something that is so common sensical that your stupidity is just assaulting my brain into pudding. biggrin.gif
dukenukem
QUOTE(PBB @ Jan 29 2006, 03:38 PM) *
Fine! You take those liberal batshit loonies and we'll make America not suck!

FUCK YEAH !!!!
DakianDelomast
Fuck duke don't give them Hawaii.
dukenukem
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Jan 29 2006, 06:48 PM) *
Fuck duke don't give them Hawaii.

All in due time. First to get rid of the hippies from motherland biggrin.gif
DakianDelomast
Personally I would fight in a civil war to keep canada from having california. Hell I'd spill blood to keep from losing any state to the canucks.
DZ302
i'd let them have wisconsin. the state is filled with fat chicks. or at least just let them take the women.
PBB
Definteily give the moosefuckers Illinois and Michigan. Those goddamn states could drop off the face of the earth and I wouldn't give two shits.
trump
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Jan 29 2006, 04:52 PM) *
Personally I would fight in a civil war to keep canada from having california. Hell I'd spill blood to keep from losing any state to the canucks.

lmao canadian.gif

never thought I'd hear that. Besides, it's usually Canadians talking about fending off the eventual Ameircan invasion
leif
thats why this plan is so supurb!
bankE46
QUOTE(leif @ Jan 30 2006, 12:14 AM) *
thats why this plan is so supurb!

does the canadian military require you to be clean cut and shaven? if so, you might not fit in, leif.
leif
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Jan 29 2006, 11:41 PM) *
does the canadian military require you to be clean cut and shaven? if so, you might not fit in, leif.

I'm undercover...like the SAS, they dont require members to follow any kind of dress code or apperance ideals, when on duty.
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Jan 29 2006, 04:39 PM) *
FUCK YEAH !!!!

2nd'd.

QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Jan 29 2006, 01:10 PM) *
Fuck that, I'm moving to Petoria.

I was going to call it "Peterland", but the gay bar down by the docks already took it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.