Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oooh.. another product idea!
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Diesel
you know people who have those portable dvd players right? like these:

why not add a 2.5" laptop hard drive to them also? maybe a 40gb or 80gb drive that can store your DVD movies in folders or as .iso images.. and play them back from the hard drives. You can also use the player to view pictures, play mp3, or as just plain storage if needed.

or.. even add a card reader to it to grab pictures off your camera's media card and save it to hard drive or to display them right away.
RJ
I have a great name for one of those: A Laptop!! Brilliant! biggrin.gif
TrueSlideXL
OT; I went to CompUSA today and saw some of the drives you designed. The quality isn't so good, but they look great.
DZ302
QUOTE(RJ @ Dec 19 2005, 02:50 PM) *
I have a great name for one of those: A Laptop!! Brilliant! biggrin.gif

LOL no kidding

reminds me of when this dumbass was trying to tell me VCD was a "new upcoming technology; imagine...video on CD"

i was just like "uhhh VCD was phased out a few years ago...we have this thing called DVD now that is 100x better"

then he said i was wrong and didn't know what i was talking about
DZ302
QUOTE(TrueSlideXL @ Dec 19 2005, 02:55 PM) *
OT; I went to CompUSA today and saw some of the drives you designed. The quality isn't so good, but they look great.

i'd be pissed off if my company used my design and made a low quality product with it
Koof
QUOTE(DZ302 @ Dec 19 2005, 06:07 PM) *
LOL no kidding

reminds me of when this dumbass was trying to tell me VCD was a "new upcoming technology; imagine...video on CD"

i was just like "uhhh VCD was phased out a few years ago...we have this thing called DVD now that is 100x better"

then he said i was wrong and didn't know what i was talking about

LMAO...VCD

laugh.gif
Renesis
Diesel, I'd buy that!!

Make it!
goota
lol pretty much a larger version of an Mp3/video player
DakianDelomast
Sony already makes mini laptops...
one
PMP -- Archos and A2?
Renesis
do they still make those camera card readers/storage with a screen?
one
QUOTE(Renesis @ Dec 25 2005, 11:07 AM) *
do they still make those camera card readers/storage with a screen?

yes
Cyclone
diesel those dvd players barely make a little over 2.5 hours of battery life. Throw in a hd and it'd really kill the life. Problem is cause these are so thin you cant put a high capacity battery in and that large screen DRAINS the battery.
Easton
Would that be like an IPod but for movies?

i.e VPOD.

I'd personally prefer something a lot smaller and portable. Even pocketable.

It'll have to be an age where you can get high resolution out of very small screens, and huge amounts of data in small drives.

I reckon a device roughly the size of a mobile phone. Where you can flip it open horizontally (so it's wide screen). And can store at least 100GB in such a small device.. with at least a similar screen resolution/type as the PSP.

Afew years away still I think, but maybe in 2008?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.