Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E36 BMW M3
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
Avalon
I won't say to much, as I assume many of you already know about this car. It won Car & Driver's Best Handling Car Award in '97 for any car at any cost. Here are a few specs off of Fast-Autos about it, and I believe they speak for themself. This M3 strikes me as being the last one that shows quiet power. It doesn't have huge rims, big wings, air ducts or anything else, yet it manages to look aggressive and handsome. Good job BMW.

Price: $40,000
Miles Per Gallon: 19.8 mpg
Curb Weight: 3150 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual

Engine
Type: Inline-6
Displacement: 3152 cc
Horsepower: 240 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 236 lb-ft @ 3800 rpm
Redline: 6800 rpm

Performance
0-60 mph: 5.5 sec
0-100 mph: 14.5 sec
Quarter Mile: 14.2 sec @ 97 mph
Skidpad: .91g
Top Speed: 137 mph (limited)
Braking, 60-0 mph: 114 ft
Slalom Speed: 63.6 mph

clarkma5
Never cared for the E36, and I feel this M3 was inferior to the E30 and E46 in terms of character, and certainly compared to the E46 in performance.

Why buy an unreliable, bland-looking E36 when you can get an E46 330i that's newer, better looking, and better to drive?

On top of all that, BMWs are for pricks. uncool.
Phix
You're a bastard for that post and I'll KILL YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY FOR IT!!!!!!

rah rah!
Avalon
Sure you can get a 330i, but its going to be more expensive and everything I've read on them say that they aren't better to drive, as far as handling goes.
Avalon
QUOTE(PHiX @ Nov 16 2005, 07:32 PM) *
You're a bastard for that post and I'll KILL YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY FOR IT!!!!!!

rah rah!

How did I know you'd appreciate that, PHiX? tongue_crossed-eyes.gif
Espen
Drive an e36 GT and tell me it's not good..!

I love that you guys dont like them, maybe the'll drop some of their massive used value so I can get one real cheap biggrin.gif
Smartdriver
Cool, is a good car but for me E30 is frozen! smile.gif
moe
It's cool car, but the best BMW ever in my mind is the M5 the previous generation M5.
Halflifehavock13
I thought it was cool, but the only ones I've seen around here in michigan have been driven by assholes (and surprisinglingly all chicks).
DZ302
not the best bmw ever, not cooler than john wayne, but still cool
Espen
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Nov 17 2005, 04:46 PM) *
I thought it was cool, but the only ones I've seen around here in michigan have been driven by assholes (and surprisinglingly all chicks).

Usually when chicks behave like assholes to you, that means you need to update your pickup lines wink.gif
goota
E30s are bettar!
moe
I just remembered something really cool about the E36 that was cooler than the current one...it was available as a sedan...
tune
Personally, I think the current generation M3 is the best one and the one before this was nicer too.
bex325
Us spec e36 m3 = uncool

Euro spec e36 m3 = frozen
LoudPipe
QUOTE(bex325 @ Feb 25 2006, 08:02 AM) *
Us spec e36 m3 = uncool

Euro spec e36 m3 = frozen

Definitely. The US spec M3 is a disgrace to the M badge. It should have been called 330i instead of M3
Westwood Hoover
this car is not a beautiful one
i prefer the new M3 GTR....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.